R9 290 with Corsair CX600M

Eyesthetics

Gonna bring my psu for rma

Yeah I guess that a new PSU will solve it, if it doesn't you might wanna get a bigger PSU, I had a 750w for my 290x, just to be sure.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Bad psu? Or my oc?

Try turning off the OC first. I'd be very surprised if it's the PSU, but could be wrong because signs are pointing to PSU. 600W is plenty for an OC'd CPU and GPU.

I was running an i5-4670k @ 4.7/1.275v and a 780 with +100core/+250memory for about 8-9 months on the CX600M no problem.

You said your GPU is already thermal throttling. This could be the issue. Try underclocking your GPU, see if that helps.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

What does thermal throttling have to do with this

Try turning off the OC first. I'd be very surprised if it's the PSU, but could be wrong because signs are pointing to PSU. 600W is plenty for an OC'd CPU and GPU.

I was running an i5-4670k @ 4.7/1.275v and a 780 with +100core/+250memory for about 8-9 months on the CX600M no problem.

You said your GPU is already thermal throttling. This could be the issue. Try overclocking your GPU, see if that helps.

Overclocking his GPU?

Did you turn off your cpu oc and try starting with the gpu again?

I don't dare, i don't wanna risk losing my gpu, is it safe?

I don't dare, i don't wanna risk losing my gpu, is it safe?

It's worth a shot. CPUs and video cards are quite beefy. I don't think this one test is going to cause a problem. You're basically using this to help identify the problem.

You could always try a different video card if you have one on hand. I mean, the other question is does the system boot up just fine with OC running on board video? I think z97 and the 4690k has on board doesn't it?

Yes it does run okay, i had borrowed my friends gtx 970 before i bought this 290 and it ran without any problems.

Yes it does run okay, i had borrowed my friends gtx 970 before i bought this 290 and it ran without any problems.

You should borrow it again to see if it still works. But the 970 is like 50-65% power requirements of the 290 lol

Of course it will. When i borrowed his card my i5 was oc'd too

Just put my gpu back on and now it runs flawlessly lol, so weird, didn't even turn off my oc

Gonna run heaven3d overnight to make sure everything's right

Overclocking his GPU?

Sorry, I meant underclocking.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

What does thermal throttling have to do with this

The GPU will shut itself off if it is in danger of breaking.  This is possibly what is happening.  Try underclocking your GPU.

Lol just when i thought it was all solved, my pc crashed in the middle of cs go session, black screen and HNGGGGG noise idk how to explain, had to reset

Lol just when i thought it was all solved, my pc crashed in the middle of cs go session, black screen and HNGGGGG noise idk how to explain, had to reset

Set your CPU to stock and try again.

Tried turning off my oc, problem still persists, it did however take longer to occur than if the pc was turned on..

So i guess i gotta either get a new psu or rma?

I recommend RMA because a 600w should be sufficient to drive a 4690k and a 290. BUT it wouldn't hurt to look at a 650w or 750w unit. Also, skip the CX series.

Pls response

You need to quote or "@" someone to let them know you have responded.

Is everything plugged in very snug?  Both the 6+2 and 6pin from the PSU to the GPU?  The 8pin to the motherboard?

Yes tried re-plugging them like 5 times already, each time this occurs I gotta reconnect the pcie cables for the gpu to work again otherwise when i turn on the pc the graphics card doesn't seem to be turning on, the fan doesn't even spin and the pcb doesn't get warm at all