PS4 Controller vs Xbox one controller - pleeeease help me decide

MangoIce

-snip-

I personally absolutely hate the thumbsticks on the PS4 controller.. For that reasons alone I would not go for that one.

I have not used the XB1 controller, but it seems pretty comfortable to me.

Don't care a ton about the colors, so voted for both XB1 controllers

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I still prefer the 360's controller over any other's i've used. Far, far more ergonomic for me than the dualshock controller design, which i always seem to hit my thumbs together on when i play games. That and its too damn small, i have fairly large hands, and the controller just felt too small and flexible to use.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I would simply get a XBox 360 controller. But if it has to be one of those controllers you mentioned, then go for the XBone controller.

I like the thumbsticks in the middle.  If you want something cheaper the Logitech F310 exists at 1/2 the price of the two. 

Anyways, i'd recommend the PS4 over the Xbone controllers.

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I would get a 360. I don't even think you can use the all the features of the Xbone controller with windows. PS4 will require software to work. Personally, since Sony makes super small controllers, I would get an Xbox controller (360 or Xbone).

Core i5 4670k @4.0Ghz stock voltage w/ Corsair H100i | MSI GD65 Gaming Board | GIGABYTE R9 290 | 16GB G.Skill Memory @2133mhz | 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD

3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm HDD | 20GB FUJITSU 5400rpm Xbox 360 HDD | EVGA 750W Power Supply | Lian Li Alpha 330

Been trying to choose between the two as well check this video out

this guy uses them for a few different games a goes into detail about the differences

TBH the PS4 controller is unnatural and bad. I would never use it on PC

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

i hate dual shock 3 but the DS4 is the best controller ive used, better than 360

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

first, big hands xbox.  medium sized hands gamecube, small ps controller.  Smart hands N64 controller.

Secondly, visual preference...I've none.

I would go with the xbox one controller, ive seen reports of the ps4 rubber grippy bit at the end of the sticks tearing off.

The Dick of the audio page!

I would say DS4 as you can do it wireless without the need for additional hardware (Last time I checked XB1 remote still required that fob thing)

For the colour I would say what ever matches your pc case, if both match, then white