Soo..... I spilled hot chocolate on my keyboard...

Demonicreature

Hey guys, I accidentally spilled hot chocolate on my Corsair K70 and now it won't work... Do you think Corsair would accept an RMA in this case? I also no longer have the receipt for the keyboard....

Hey guys, I accidentally spilled hot chocolate on my Corsair K70 and now it won't work... Do you think Corsair would accept an RMA in this case? I also no longer have the receipt for the keyboard....

Unplug it and leave it for 24+ hours. It might work, pull the keycaps out and use a bit of isopropyl alcohol to clean the  keyboard

If it doesn't work, contact Corsair. They have the best customer support out of any business. They possibly might not accept it, because they can't verify when you bought it/ it's under warranty. + It is your fault, and not there's.

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Nope, they 100% wouldn't (accidental damage is not covered under warranty)

You might be able to clean it off and leave it to dry out - it might keep working

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I believe @Tim Drake or @coolkingler1 had something similar happen with his keyboard..

Not sure if they will take that keyboard (as it is kinda your fault and not their fault)

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I've been through Corsair's RMA service for water damage (Although in this case, it was caused by one of their products). They're going to ask for your receipt and more importantly they're going to turn it down if its due to your own damage, unless you manage to remove all evidence, fake a receipt and hope they don't notice.

You might be able to get them to repair it for you though, if you pay for said repair.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Wet Keyboard Recovery Part 1 :P

CPU: Intel Core i7 5960X @4GHz cooled by a Corsair H110i GT | MBO: Asus X99 Sabertooth | RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB 2400MHz) | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 | SSD: Samsung SM951 M.2 SSD | HDD: 1TB Western Digital Black Drive | PSU: Corsair HX750i | Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 

This may help as well:

Paul from Paul's Hardware spilled coffee on his K95, much like your situation. He then cleaned it and I'm pretty sure it worked afterwards.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

I mean you can call them and not tell them what REALLY happened, they send you a keyboard and never have to talk to you again :)

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

Yeah... I figured that they wouldn't take back a product they didn't damage.... I'll go looking for a new keyboard while my one miraculously dries...

I believe @Tim Drake or @coolkingler1 had something similar happen with his keyboard..

Not sure if they will take that keyboard (as it is kinda your fault and not their fault)

I haven't :/

I did that.

Then I unplugged it and aimed a hairdryer at it..... It dried up the soup that fell In but the heat of the hairdryer warped my wrist rest and a lot of keycaps.

But hey, my keyboard worked again.

Bought a new wrist rest and new keycaps are coming from Corsair for free.

So.... I suggest leaving it for a week to dry then try again.

I also spilled "chocolate" on my keyboard once.

I had do this sorry :D

U already got some good suggestions here ;)

Best way would be complete tear down but u could screw something up if its your 1st time. This would allow u to see how deep the "chocolate" got and if PCB is affected.

U could do RMA if u were professional bull*hitter. Anything is possible if u know how.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I cleaned out my keyboard and its now working again!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Thanks guys for the suggestions!