Canon T5i with OM-D E-M10...

Looking at some of the mirrorless options that could complement a starter DSLR, I've noticed that the Mirrorless has almost seemed to be more ideal for what I'd want the Canon for, yet the E-M10 has some limitations that the Canon does not when it comes to stills and that's mostly lens availability. Would buying an E-M10 make a T5i not necessary and I'd be better off spending more on a Full frame DSLR (I.E 5D Mk3)? Or really they'll be about the same and so buying both wouldn't hurt.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

The question is why the hell anybody would consider a canon in 2015. Canon has failed to progress like all the other companies. They rely on their name only while they keep making stuff that is subpar for this day and age. This goes for both their low end DSLRs and their high end ones.

Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Fujifilm etc.. have made tremendous strides while Canon has just been sitting on their asses for the last couple years. 

"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

The question is why the hell anybody would consider a canon in 2015. Canon has failed to progress like all the other companies. They rely on their name only while they keep making stuff that is subpar for this day and age. This goes for both their low end DSLRs and their high end ones.

Nikon, Sony, Panasonic, Fujifilm etc.. have made tremendous strides while Canon has just been sitting on their asses for the last couple years. 

Yup.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Because their DSLRs still are pretty good I realize that Nikon has better offerings but really Canon is sort of like the AMD of cameras which means that they aren't bad and they still do most of what you want it to do. Really I don't see a reason to exclude Canon even if their EOS line is in tremendous need of updating. Also Nikon throws a red accent on their cameras which imho is stupid. Also your comment was not very productive in terms of answering my question. I didn't ask about other brands. Granted the D5500 would seem to have better image quality, the T5i is better than what I have access to. (Moto G 2014 and Lumix DMC-TZ3).

Though honestly there is the 5D S and 5DS R...

Sorry guys I have to disagree.  As a lover of DSLR's they are much better to use than a mirrorless offering from anyone else, yes I agree Canon has been lacking for a while but has some amazing cameras due now or very soon with the Mk2 range and the new D5's.

Mirrorless has their place as smaller more compact offerings with what seem to be higher specs but a DSLR has all the controls at your fingertips without having to navigate menus to change some settings.

I think it is a little harsh comparing Canon to AMD.  In my opinion looking at the current range of cameras I would still choose a full size DSLR.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Sorry guys I have to disagree.  As a lover of DSLR's they are much better to use than a mirrorless offering from anyone else, yes I agree Canon has been lacking for a while but has some amazing cameras due now or very soon with the Mk2 range and the new D5's.

Mirrorless has their place as smaller more compact offerings with what seem to be higher specs but a DSLR has all the controls at your fingertips without having to navigate menus to change some settings.

I think it is a little harsh comparing Canon to AMD.  In my opinion looking at the current range of cameras I would still choose a full size DSLR.

I'd stick to the T5i even though it's not technically a full frame DSLR (since it has the same type of sensor as the OM-D E-M10 except it's larger and comes in a more functional body.) My question was would buying an OM-D E-M10 for travel make the T5i pointless since their about neck to neck in terms of image quality. Though really thinking about it the benefit of buying both is that since they are so similar in quality if I feel that I can benefit from the function of the T5i and the portability of the E-M10 that really they'll compliment each other. So basically I guess this is another case of I was better off looking for other ways of reaching the same answer. Though I guess really I'd benefit from going with one of Canon's full frame offerings and going for a similar mirrorless. Also I know it's not exactly fair to compare Canon to AMD but considering that Canon has been using the same sensors for awhile now and Nikon and many others are moving to new sensors it's sort of a similar case for AMD where they too have not been very innovative and kept up with Intel in terms of die shrinking and making the CPU faster and more efficient.

Sorry guys I have to disagree.  As a lover of DSLR's they are much better to use than a mirrorless offering from anyone else, 

my full frame Sony A7 Mirrorless camera would like to have words with you

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

my full frame Sony A7 Mirrorless camera would like to have words with you

Its nice to have a choice these days.

Nothing to see here - move along.

If you want to stick with Canon and already have lens for them, I would go for the 7D or 7Dmk2 would be good choices, the em-10 IMO is really good camera, but too bad their video side is lacking.

If you want to stick with Canon and already have lens for them, I would go for the 7D or 7Dmk2 would be good choices, the em-10 IMO is really good camera, but too bad their video side is lacking.

I don't have a Canon system, but I'd rather make a Canon system than a Nikon system simply because it seems that Canon has a better selection to choose from than Nikon. I have a hard time justifying the OM-D E-M10 as a daily driver because I don't need a light camera nor really want a mirrorless.

Now if maybe I could afford to buy an E-M10 to be used as my (whenever I don't have my Canon with me) sort of camera or I'm feeling a little saucy and try to a good location for street photography in a place that isn't as lively/bustling as like LA, NYC, HK, etc.