China to start officially rating its citizens, including behaviour online.

Cough, cough... wrong country....

I think in the first episode, Pinochet was installed by the US over a democratically elected leader, he cracked on drugs (and people), leading Cockroach to flee from Chile to Colombia, meeting up with Pablo Escobar, Setting up the Peruvian routes in and the Miami routes out. 

Its always hilarious when people equate communism to liberalism. Liberalism is literally leave other people the fuck alone and mind your own fuckig business. You're going to have to remind me what liberal teaches the opposite of that or which liberal preaches blind patriotism. Remind me again who called people un American for opposing the Iraq war.

Thinking about it some more, this is very true. Left wing extremists who want to censor to "not hurt people's feelings" and want "safe spaces" are definitely becoming a serious issue day by day. They're authoritarian and have no idea what it actually means to be liberal.

Remind me again who called people un American for refusing to buy into multi-culturalism.

Horseshoe theory.

I'd be considered a classic liberal, but i'm not going to pretend like liberalism hasn't been co-opted by other groups with special interests.

Liberals will break, and have been, just like conservatives broke.

Though it's nice to see people policing their own movements and groups.

"If you ain't first, you're last"

Whats more scary is the fact that such a system will be passed without our knowledge or something in western countries.

Credit score and *insert secret service agency initials here* mass surveillance, I'd say the western already has such system set up. Only needs to link the two

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

Remind me again who called people un American for refusing to buy into multi-culturalism.

Horseshoe theory.

I'd be considered a classic liberal, but i'm not going to pretend like liberalism hasn't been co-opted by other groups with special interests.

Liberals will break, and have been, just like conservatives broke.

Though it's nice to see people policing their own movements and groups.

Define what you mean by multiculturalism. I've just recently found out it can have different meanings depending on who you talk to. Do you mean a melting pot or people living in the same place but self-segregating?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Credit score and *insert secret service agency initials here* mass surveillance, I'd say the western already has such system set up. Only needs to link the two

The big difference is that people (potential mates) aren't privy to each other's scores (at least prior to the first date) and it doesn't affect employment and other social services in a meaningful way for most people (other than credit score, which I'm in favor of if implemented well, we can argue if it's implemented well in western countries). If the EC people are right and scores are networked, this could affect friendships and relationships in a big way.

Define what you mean by multiculturalism. I've just recently found out it can have different meanings depending on who you talk to. Do you mean a melting pot or people living in the same place but self-segregating?

Any definition of the basic concept of multi-culturalism where you introduce a number of different cultures would be fine, i don't knock the concept, i knock the implementation. (Although, segregation is not something i would find desirable i'm more criticizing what the pot is melting)

I mean the idea and implementations in smaller parts of the U.S. and a few European countries where non-Western culture and values treated laxly compared to Western culture and human rights. For instance, barbaric practices like genital mutilation (actually in the U.S. we condone that here for males, unfortunately), child rape, oppression of women (seems more outside cultures primarily, if not always, only oppress women) being condoned or excused in some way or another due to ignorance based on cultural upbringing, for instance "Sharia law zones" in the U.K. Something that many liberals feel uncomfortable discussing and will shame others who dare challenge the status quo that multi-culturalism is a good idea and all cultures should be accepted. This is one of the reasons that i attribute something like China's human credit score (Do you remember that human reviewing app some months ago? I think it was called "Peeple"; kinda hits home) future policy as something very liberal. ("Don't rock the boat or challenge my convictions" or there will be penalties)

Regardless, i don't plan on moving to China anytime soon.

Any definition of the basic concept of multi-culturalism where you introduce a number of different cultures would be fine, i don't knock the concept, i knock the implementation. (Although, segregation is not something i would find desirable i'm more criticizing what the pot is melting)

I mean the idea and implementations in smaller parts of the U.S. and a few European countries where non-Western culture and values treated laxly compared to Western culture and human rights. For instance, barbaric practices like genital mutilation (actually in the U.S. we condone that here for males, unfortunately), child rape, oppression of women (seems more outside cultures primarily, if not always, only oppress women) being condoned or excused in some way or another due to ignorance based on cultural upbringing, for instance "Sharia law zones" in the U.K. Something that many liberals feel uncomfortable discussing and will shame others who dare challenge the status quo that multi-culturalism is a good idea and all cultures should be accepted. This is one of the reasons that i attribute something like China's human credit score (Do you remember that human reviewing app some months ago? I think it was called "Peeple"; kinda hits home) future policy as something very liberal. ("Don't rock the boat or challenge my convictions" or there will be penalties)

Regardless, i don't plan on moving to China anytime soon.

Uhh, sorry. I've never seen any liberal advocate for any crap you just said. Most of those sound to me like what a right wing christian fundamentalist won't want anyway. It's always been hilarious to me when christian fundamentalists express hate for Islam when they believe a lot of the same thing. Also, Sharia law zones? Really? I'd like to see evidence of that. I'd actually like to see evidence of everything I bolded from your comment since the next sentence is going by the assumption that all those things are true.

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

So?

In a country where the number of lives you can create is limited why are you concerned that they're rating people?

What if it works?

The guy who "tows the line" gets rewarded and the guy who slacks off in the back with a bag of opium gets shit; probably won't work but you never know

Shipping sucks

Uhh, sorry. I've never seen any liberal advocate for any crap you just said. Most of those sound to me like what a right wing christian fundamentalist won't want anyway. It's always been hilarious to me when christian fundamentalists express hate for Islam when they believe a lot of the same thing. Also, Sharia law zones? Really? I'd like to see evidence of that. I'd actually like to see evidence of everything I bolded from your comment since the next sentence is going by the assumption that all those things are true.

Yes, it is funny how RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS are like other RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS. Have you not heard of this? It's astounding really. Here. Cases of rape and politician being shamed and fined due to daring to consider the culture being to blame. Here. Ignorance as excuse for raping a child with dismissal of a rape case. Here. Again, Islam's not the problem, otherwise other similar Abrahamic faiths with terrible traditionalist views would also be just as bad. The problem is the culture.

So?

In a country where the number of lives you can create is limited why are you concerned that they're rating people?

What if it works?

The guy who "tows the line" gets rewarded and the guy who slacks off in the back with a bag of opium gets shit; probably won't work but you never know

So you would be in favor of this in your country?

You could get docked points for simply having the "wrong beliefs", for instance not supporting CISA.

What you're talking about works on it's own via capitalism (although, the U.S. needs to put regulations back in place *cough* wall st. *cough* because capitalism has gotten a bit out of control)

When I implied that I liked it (note on implied, I never stated I liked it, and add imply only because I can see how that can be extracted from what I said with ease) did I not also say that It wouldn't work?

Shipping sucks

What you're talking about works on it's own via capitalism (although, the U.S. needs to put regulations back in place *cough* wall st. *cough* because capitalism has gotten a bit out of control)

oh good regulations

A freakin liberal

You work a minimum wage job and mad that people before you worked hard to make millions and now their sons inherit?

Get a grip, that's how it's been, and that's how it'll be.

Shipping sucks

Ah Americans, still quoting from 1950's cold war handbooks, which is funny because that's what happened in Chile when the Americans installed a puppet government to fight communism.

The Cold War was the cold war. If your name was Russia or America you were doing everything you could to make sure the other guy didn't take over the entire world or destroy you. Not saying it was right, it's just what happened. I personally don't agree with such large scale international 'meddling' but really, where there is a power vacuum in the world someone's gonna take over. Whether it be American backed 'Freedom fighters' (not really for freedom) or a crazy dictator from the Russians. Both have the same outcome, neither of which is good.

That's just execution of government policies, not really a pillar of the socioeconomic structure. I'm sure Karl Marx didn't write about spying on your neighbors. The whole thing is based on economics and means of production. And to be fair the NSA kind of does the same thing, just without the need of personal reporting, as the tech is advanced enough. Furthermore, I really don't think China is truly communist, it's a regulated market economy, not unlike the US. Hell, they have their own freaking stock exchange.

Once again, I don't know the Chinese societial norms in modern times, so I could be talking out of my ass here, but China needs a credit scoring system and/or web of trust management system, especially for such a massive population. I think it should honestly be transparent and debated, but that's not likely to happen.

It's kind of funny how the extreme left (which I actually really don't think China is) and extreme right (Look at the Republicans, Trump is adopting some basic tendencies Fascism at this point) would arrive at the same policies though.

I'm no Chinese expert but, regardless of whether you label it right or left, it's just Totalitarian Extremism. China has hit a bit of a turning point. They're wealthier and their country is drastically changing. However, they need to maintain control in a modern age. Having a scoring system is their way of using modern technology to enforce strict nationalism and idealism on their people. Even if it was 'transparent' we all know it'd be a load off bull anyways, they have no incentive to tell the truth. Remember as far as the government is concerned, Tienanmen Square was 'a group of rebels were attempting to overthrow the government and the military had to step in for the safety of the people'.

TLDR: China has to control it's people and want's to keep them from being influenced by the west. They can due this through modern technology and restrict jobs and what not to motivate people to follow their every ideal. 

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky

What if it works?

=======================================================================================================================================================

When I implied that I liked it (note on implied, I never stated I liked it, and add imply only because I can see how that can be extracted from what I said with ease) did I not also say that It wouldn't work?

I am intuitive enough to know that when you asked "why are you concerned that they're rating people?" and "What if it works?" it was more than just being naive and entertaining the possibility.

Unless you actually were naive enough to believe that such a system would not be abused considering how easy it would be to.

oh good regulations

A freakin liberal

You work a minimum wage job and mad that people before you worked hard to make millions and now their sons inherit?

Get a grip, that's how it's been, and that's how it'll be.

I don't work at a minimum wage job, i have nothing against millionaires, and i'm not bitter about inheritance.

You assume too much and think too little.

Call me what you like, but no this has not always been this way.

Go back to when Li'l Georgie Bush took regulations off of wall street.

How can you make assumptions about me

-besides the fact that I just told you what I actually think lmao-

and they you imply that I'm an idiot for making assumptions about you?

and if you don't think you insulted me, perhaps -we both- should work on our connotation

Edited by GSTARR

Shipping sucks

How can you make assumptions about me

-besides the fact that I just told you what I actually think lmao-

and they you imply that I'm an idiot for making assumptions about you?

and if you don't think you insulted me, perhaps -we both- should work on our connotation

Hahahahaha

I never called you an idiot nor did i make any assumptions, but that's amazing

work on the connotation of your words

Right on schedule, here comes the last resort

Hahahahaha

Yes, it is funny how RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS are like other RELIGIOUS FUNDAMENTALISTS. Have you not heard of this? It's astounding really. Here. Cases of rape and politician being shamed and fined due to daring to consider the culture being to blame. Here. Ignorance as excuse for raping a child with dismissal of a rape case. Here. Again, Islam's not the problem, otherwise other similar Abrahamic faiths with terrible traditionalist views would also be just as bad. The problem is the culture.

So you would be in favor of this in your country?

You could get docked points for simply having the "wrong beliefs", for instance not supporting CISA.

I don't see how any of those are arguments against multiculturalism. Regarding the 1st one, I'm assuming UK has the same freedom of speech we do and it's just an idiot exercising his right to say whatever he wants, no matter how stupid it is. There were some people who did the something similar because they thought Obama was coming for their guns and declared that you had to own a gun if you wanted to live in their town. They also declared that they would shoot down any government drone they saw. It's just idiots being idiots.

In the 2nd one, I agree with the criticisms against that politician. I am an atheist who used to be a Catholic, and I will be the last one to defend religious dogma, but that generalization is stupid. Similar to how different denominations exist in Christianity, the same exists in Islam. No one looks at the Westboro Baptist church's actions and declares that is how all Christians are. Dangerous generalizations like that is why some idiots think Trump's proposal to ban Muslims is a good one.

In the 3rd one, that just a judge being an idiot and not in any way, shape or form an argument against multiculturalism. There was also a conservative judge here who refused to punish a man who raped a 14 year old girl because he said the girl shouldn't have tempted him. Cases like these are why I think we should rethink they way we handle justice, but I'm no law expert and I honestly couldn't tell you what a better system would be. I'm sure there are people who are smarter and better versed in matters like this than I am who probably have some good ideas.

What I think you're getting at is when idiot "safe space" extremist liberals think barbaric practices should supercede the law. Like I pointed out a few posts back, these people are authoritarian and have no idea what it actually means to be liberal. People like this make me angry

I am a very strong proponent for multiculturalism. It made it easier for me to get out of the influence of religious dogma and it's less likely to create people like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEczVnFDq24