Is this a common problem for the 750D?

jo3tek
Go to solution Solved by Gamerxp00,

this is a common issues for this case, I have one myself. My hard drives do start to heat up if there is not good enough air flow through the front. So what i do is just leave one side of that front panel unclipped. So it has more air intake. Most of the time i just leave the front panel off, as i need alot of air flow.

I just got myself the 750D, fully set up and I'm pretty dang happy with it. but i seem to notice a small problem with the front panel fans.

The lower fan seems to have a great air flow (stock fans)

but the top fan seems to be suffocating from the cover

when i removed the front cover,  it seems to be breathing quite well.

i dont know if this is common problem, just curious, if so, is there any fix to this? will the 650D front mesh be able to fit?

post-223158-0-87418100-1430119202_thumb.

post-223158-0-34878300-1430119205_thumb.

I haven't noticed this yet. Dust settles in front of both the fans in the filter, indicating that both are drawing air.

I did however move my drive cage towards the power supply to get a clear path for the bottom fan.

How did you see/ feel that the top fan is suffocating?

@jo3tek: Please follow your topics to see all the comments en replys.

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

this is a common issues for this case, I have one myself. My hard drives do start to heat up if there is not good enough air flow through the front. So what i do is just leave one side of that front panel unclipped. So it has more air intake. Most of the time i just leave the front panel off, as i need alot of air flow.

I haven't noticed this yet. Dust settles in front of both the fans in the filter, indicating that both are drawing air.

I did however move my drive cage towards the power supply to get a clear path for the bottom fan.

How did you see/ feel that the top fan is suffocating?

@jo3tek: Please follow your topics to see all the comments en replys.

I just put my hand over it and barely anything, so to test if its being suffocated, i just remove the panel with my hand still in front of the fan. and instantly a rush of air starts to flow when it has been removed.

I have no problems if my hard drives heat up, as long it doesn't start a fire and melt the plastic cage lol.

yeah i'm starting to unclip on side or just remove the whole thing. Kinda help my cards stay cool by 5-8 degrees.

That's all i can suggest. I mean it doesn't look great using this method but you need good airflow. make sure you keep the dust cover on though. 

Corsair has just released a new front panel based on the high-airflow design from the 450D.  Stock is a little low on their store at the moment and it still in the process of being made available though their international distribution centres.  The store link is here, but it's currently sold out.  First batch disappeared pretty quickly - they're in high demand at the moment. http://www.corsair.com/en/obsidian-series-750d-high-airflow-intake-kit

nHXhlRV.jpg

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

That is a problem solver right there. i might have to get myself one of these. 

That is a problem solver right there. i might have to get myself one of these. 

Not sure how long it'll take to be readily available down here in Australia.  I think Corsair Dustin said somewhere in this forum thread related to this part that it'd be a good idea to get in touch with the local Corsair customer service yourself or through your local retailer and have one acquired for you directly. 

CPU Intel Core i7 7700K; Cooler Cryorig R1 Universal; MB Asus ROG Maximus IX Code; RAM G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz (4 x 8GB); GPU ASUS GTX 1080 Ti ROG Strix Gaming OC; Case Be Quiet Dark Base 900 Pro Silver; Storage Samsung 960 EVO 500GB, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, Seagate Barracuda 4TB; PSU EVGA Supernova 850W G2; OS Windows 10; KB Corsair K70 (MX Brown); Audio O2 & ODAC, Sennheiser HD 600, Sennheiser RS 185, Swan M200MKIII; Monitors 2x Dell U2410

Previous Build

CPU Intel Core i5 4690K; Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212X; MB Asus Z97-A; RAM G.Skill Sniper (2 x 4GB); GPU 2x Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 Gaming (SLI); Case Corsair Obsidian 450D; Storage Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, WD Black 1TB, Hitachi 750GB; PSU EVGA Supernova 750W G2; OS Windows 10; 

Indeed it is... I'm glad I don't actually need one, but I've been following the thread for a while as I'm considering the 750D as an option for my eventual next build.  I'm really hoping that Corsair releases a new Obsidian full tower that doesn't have these issues or re-releases the 750D with this new panel as standard as an alternative version (like windowed/non-windowed variants of cases).

Previous Build

I might end up ordering this! Thanks for that link!

Shipping kills it  <_<  but since im already ordering custom watercooling, and sleeving for my power supply....i might as well order that!