NZXT H440 Water-cooled Black & Red. Opinions?

sumitnz

Here is my PC Build I recently added a custom watercooling loop to.

Before anyone asks why the CPU is being cooled with an H110 cooler. This is because this was the first water-cooling hardware I purchased when I originally purchased the components. 

CPU = i5 4670k @ 4.6Ghz (Could go higher but not needed)

GPU = Asus DCU ii GTX 780

PSU = Corsair RM700

MB = Asus formula vii

SSD = 2 x 250gb Samsung EVO

Pump + res = XSPC photon 170

Rad XSPC RX360

Please let me know what you guys think of it. :)

I have mounted the res outside the case as I originally wanted to mount it inside the case under the LED's but it did not fit very well. 

post-126713-0-05906800-1430023473_thumb.

post-126713-0-97896300-1430023468_thumb.

post-126713-0-06588900-1430023465_thumb.

U could probably go with less tubing and also connect cpu to this loop, but it looks good anyways.

Really? This was my first build and I was not told this was not for long term use. Should I drain it and running distilled water instead?

Regarding the tubing. I did not have anymore right angled fittings

You know that mayhems aurora is a show coolant only right? Not a long term one

I have only had this in for a few days will it be okay to drain this and just run distilled water?

Really? This was my first build and I was not told this was not for long term use. Should I drain it and running distilled water instead?

No no! Mayhems aurora will simply loose the flaking effect after a day or two. It will just look plain red, and maybe brownish. It will not do anything bad to your loop. If in a couple of days you don't really like the color, simply drain it and flush it using boiling water to get rid of any red sediments. Then you can add the distilled water.  

No no! Mayhems aurora will simply loose the flaking effect after a day or two. It will just look plain red, and maybe brownish. It will not do anything bad to your loop. If in a couple of days you don't really like the color, simply drain it and flush it using boiling water to get rid of any red sediments. Then you can add the distilled water.

Firstly thank you so much for helping me out this is my first build so I wasn't sure about all this.

Just confirming this will not harm components? It's running very cool.

I really like just liked the colour but if I can't use this long term then I will drain it and put in distilled water and anything else you think is necessary.

Firstly thank you so much for helping me out this is my first build so I wasn't sure about all this.

Just confirming this will not harm components? It's running very cool.

I really like just liked the colour but if I can't use this long term then I will drain it and put in distilled water and anything else you think is necessary.

Yeah the stuff is harmless to all your blocks rads or anything. You can use this until the next time you flush the loop without any trouble. I suggest flushing your loop at least once a year, just to keep it running nice and clean.

Yeah once you flushed it out your better of with mayhems pastel red or EK Ekoolant pastel if you still want the red colour. Or even just use red tubing and distilled water plus a silver kill coil

Glad to help

Yeah the stuff is harmless to all your blocks rads or anything. You can use this until the next time you flush the loop without any trouble. I suggest flushing your loop at least once a year, just to keep it running nice and clean.

I got so worried when I read the first few replies..

I will def change it in the next few months.

You are right though you can see In one of the photos it is getting darker.

Yeah once you flushed it out your better of with mayhems pastel red or EK Ekoolant pastel if you still want the red colour. Or even just use red tubing and distilled water plus a silver kill coil

Glad to help

I live in new Zealand and it's hard to find kill coils etc at the computer stores here.

Do you think any other colours other then the reds from ek or mayhems would look good?

I live in new Zealand and it's hard to find kill coils etc at the computer stores here.

Do you think any other colours other then the reds from ek or mayhems would look good?

Since your other components are red and ur case as well, any other colour other than red would just clash and look bad imo.

Also if u get EK ekoolant or Mayhems etc u don't need a kill coil as it has biocides included in the coolant. U only need a coil if u use distilled water. Red tubing and water would be the best option as u might be able to shorten some of those runs if u re do the tubing and get a couple more 90 degree fittings to clean the res up.

But not bad for ur first time :)

Might as well throw in a cpu block while ur pc is drained as well

You win the internet. Even though I've seen 9,453,264 h440 builds in the last 6 months, I haven't seen one like this. I like the mess of tubes. Makes the otherwise incredibly boring and overplayed h440 case look interesting. 

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/