$1200 laptop for school?

via

Who ever told you that the Surface Pro is horrible, clearly has never eop had, crappy TN panel, heavier, no touch support or pen support is what you need for about the same price, well so be it.

The surface pro is still just a tablet, and it depends majorly on personal preference.

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

The surface pro is still just a tablet, and it depends majorly on personal preference.

It is a convertible system. Tablet and ultrabook, and has serious power.

And has a digitize pen, which no laptop have.

It is a convertible system. Tablet and ultrabook, and has serious power.

And has a digitize pen, which no laptop have.

But it is debatably overpriced, for something that

- doesn't have many ports

- Doesn't have a good trackpad at all

- isn't as nearly as good price to performance as many other options...

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

I'd get either a surface pro 3, wait for the regular surface 3 or get a dell Inspiron 15 7000 laptop, all of these are good options. If you want a thin laptop, I'd go with the XPS 13

But it is debatably overpriced, for something that

- doesn't have many ports

- Doesn't have a good trackpad at all

- isn't as nearly as good price to performance as many other options...

Sure, if you enjoy plasticky cheap systems, slow ass SSD or HDDs, then you have many in the 700$ or even less range. Build quality, good cooling system, decently good after sale service, all cost money.

The track pad is actually pretty decent. You clearly haven't use it. You should definitely go to the store and try the Surface Pro 3 trackpad. Beside, all the mentioned non-Apple laptops here, all their track pad are meh at best. At least here,with the Surface Pro, you can use the touch screen which is actually a good one, and properly register all the time.

True it doesn't have many ports, but do you genuinely need more? I thought it would be a problem myself. I bought a USB 3.0 hub with my Surface Pro 2. Never used it.

Why? OverDrive already sync all my files between my desktop and Surface Pro, and the rest I plug my mouse if I plan to do a lot of work on my system. You can also get a Bluetooth mouse, and voila a free USB port. If you want to charge another device, while have something plugged on the Surface Pro, well you have a USB power plug on the charger for just that.

I'd suggest a Macbook Air or Pro. Great laptops for what you are looking for and are built very well. I have one and I've also tried many PC laptops that have about the same specs but are just built horribly. 

After all the trouble I've gone through with Windows laptops, Apple takes my money in the end. I've had 0 issues with the few I've owned too. 

I'd suggest a Macbook Air or Pro. Great laptops for what you are looking for and are built very well. I have one and I've also tried many PC laptops that have about the same specs but are just built horribly. 

After all the trouble I've gone through with Windows laptops, Apple takes my money in the end. I've had 0 issues with the few I've owned too. 

You always get what you paid for, A 400$ laptop will be massacred in all possible ways than a 2000$ laptop. Much like desktop computer. No one buys 40-60$ motherboards.

Just saying

Sure, if you enjoy plasticky cheap systems, slow ass SSD or HDDs, then sync all my files between my desktop and Surface Pro, and the rest I plug my mouse if I plan to do a lot of work on my system. You can also get a Bluetooth mouse, and voila a free USB port. If you want to charge another device, while have something plugged on the Surface Pro, well you have a USB power plug on the charger for just that.

I don't believe such thing as a "slow ass ssd" even exists. Also my friend has a surface pro 3, and I have used it before. Also the dell x0s 13 isn't cheap flimsy or bad quality. By what your saying the Surface Pro three is the only decently built computer out there which is false. The dell xps 13 has a beautiful display, the lenovo yoga is good, and those are two of the top of my head, and I bet there are many more out there