Project - Prevent Destruction

perplex

All aboard the feel train. 

tumblr_ls9jq16dNk1qatrg7.jpg

i5 4670K | ASUS Z87 Gryphon | EVGA GTX 780 Classified | Kingston HyperX black 16GB |  Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD | Seagate Barracude 3TB - RAID 1 | Silverstone Strider Plus 750W 80Plus Silver | CoolerMaster Hyper 212X | Fractal Design Define Mini 

That's totally awesome. You people are hitting it right on the head. Massive respect for you man. I know your brother knows how much you mean to him. 

helping-brother-334206-m.jpg

This is amazing man. Plus it looks to neat and clean when something like this could so easily look very tacky and ghetto.

I just almost burnt my kitchen down trying to make a steak earlier today so I'm jealous of your skills :)

CPU: Intel 3930K @ 4.6GHz || MOBO: Asus P9X79-E WS || GPU: 2x Nvidia GTX Titans || CASE: Fractal Design Define XL R2 || PSU: Corsair AX1200i

RAM: 32GB Dominator Platinum @ 2100 MHz || Storage: 240GB Samsung 840 Pro & 2TB Seagate Barracuda || Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX

Peripherals: Samsung S27B970D - Asus PB23HQ - Logitech MX Revolution - Corsair K95 - Samson Meteor Mic - Logitech C920 - Bowers&Wilkins MM-1

Looks awsome and really good.

Seen attempts of similar configs and setups, but they have all been kinda bulky and ugly.

Your work is outstanding and your brother is very lucky to have such a carrying brother!!

i7 4790K@4.5GHz-1.15V, BeQuiet! SR2, Asrock z97e-itx/ac, Kingston  Fury 16GB@1866MHz, GTX 670 2GB, 3x ssdNOW300V 300ishGB, Bitfenix Prodigy, OCZ ZT 750W Twittwit@enRodjavel

What a neat case! Hidden in one corner, no external wires visible. Your brother must be really strong to be able to break all those stuff physically.

Kudos to your effort man :)

Heart touching.

I have Asperger Syndrome and I've met many people with full blown autism. The world would be much worse without them. Mad respect to you for hanging in there. It's a condition that requires a lot of patience. Good to know he has a great brother who loves him and looks after him. That's critical to some one afflicted with autism.

Build of the week vote here too.

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

U saww a problem and done a great job of making it better, very ingenuative. Andfor being such an awesome person you get +9001 respect points!

Aussie FTW!
4770k, H60, GTX 780, G1 Sniper 5, Samsung EVO 250GB, Seagate 2TB, Vengance Pro RAM 2133mhz 8GB, Silverstone Strider 850w
The Monolith Desk - build log incomplete.

Mad props to you Sir!

I've done a community placement in a special needs school so I respect how much patience and care that needs to be given to individuals like your brother.

I have Asperger Syndrome

Fascinating!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the traits that define you as having aspergers?

I've had to study it in school and I found it quite interesting.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Mad props to you Sir!

I've done a community placement in a special needs school so I respect how much patience and care that needs to be given to individuals like your brother.

Fascinating!

If you don't mind me asking, what are the traits that define you as having aspergers?

I've had to study it in school and I found it quite interesting.

It will always differ from person to person, depending on the 'level' of autism. I mean for example, Bill Gates has Asperger Syndrome, as did Einstein. Some people have a much higher level of motor function, and will be affected by it in certain ways. However, the usual signs are....

Biting. When I was a kid I refused to hand over my dummy (or passifier if you're a sceptic tank :) ) I also used to bite pieces of cloth etc and love clenching my teeth hard. Aggression when disturbed. Basically don't disturb an Aspie they don't like it. Change. If a change is coming or you're, for example, about to move house? it's incredibly stressful. You'll then notice the things we do to soothe like nodding and head rocking/full body rocking. It's like a coping mechanism. Higher than usual intelligence. I have an IQ of 152 and my lady has a IQ of 148. Don't argue with an Aspie, you'll lose, mostly because they tend to know a lot about logic and science. Temper tantrums. That's the non scientific way of putting it, but basically they're called meltdowns. These involve fight or flight. There really is no stopping this from happening. It's kind of like a computer that becomes overloaded.

Obviously this changes as you get older, but it will still affect day to day life. 

Area 51 2014. Intel 5820k@ 4.4ghz. MSI X99.16gb Quad channel ram. AMD Fury X.Asus RAIDR.OCZ ARC 480gb SSD. Velociraptor 600gb. 2tb WD.

Huge respect to Op!

Awesome job!

I can't think of anything to write here.

About the mouse, what about a touchpad? You could screw it down similar to the keyboard. You could also try drilling holes and routing cables below the desk so he can't rip them apart since they won't be moving anyway.

About the mouse, what about a touchpad? You could screw it down similar to the keyboard. You could also try drilling holes and routing cables below the desk so he can't rip them apart since they won't be moving anyway.

true, i never thought of a touchpad, it would be that or a trackball mouse, depending if he decides to break the one now like his last 3, so far so good though.

and yea i guess i could hide the wires more, i guess ill wait and see if he breaks it first. Thing is, you dont really know what he will break, some cables are ok but others like a ps2 controller doesnt have a cord now lol

Both my sons are autistic and I am fighting back the tears seeing what you have done for your brother.  You are simply an awesome human,  Don't let anyone on the planet tell you otherwise.

Peace

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Awesome man, RESPECT! This is love.

BTW, i'm a psychologist, and i probably live thousands of miles away (Portugal), but if you need something and you think i can help, feel free to contact me.

| Corsair Vengeance C70 | ASUS P8P67 LE | i5 2320 w\ Xigmatek Dark  Knight Nighthawk Edition | ASUS GTX 550 Ti TOP | 8GB Kingston RAM | SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB | Seagate Barracuda 1TB | Cooler Master G750M |

Honestly build of the week. No question in my mind. There should be a special forum badge for this kind of dedication and love.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

Awesome job dude. Looks really great and as said before u are an amazing brother. I was thinking about the keyboard and i know i have seen rubber keyboards like the ones that are made for ipads. Maybe that would work? They are washable and he can't pull the keys out since they are one with the keyboard. I think that logitech did one before but i'm not sure, it was a long time since i've seen one. :)

EDIT: http://www.wetkeys.com/Washable-and-Waterproof-Flexible-Keyboards-s/23.htm

This is what i meant. 

Awesome job dude. Looks really great and as said before u are an amazing brother. I was thinking about the keyboard and i know i have seen rubber keyboards like the ones that are made for ipads. Maybe that would work? They are washable and he can't pull the keys out since they are one with the keyboard. I think that logitech did one before but i'm not sure, it was a long time since i've seen one. :)

EDIT: http://www.wetkeys.com/Washable-and-Waterproof-Flexible-Keyboards-s/23.htm

This is what i meant. 

OP could make a outer hull for this and just have the keys/touchpad stick out enough for use.  Awesome build!

Come fold while not gaming! http://linustechtips.com/main/forum/37-foldinghome-boinc-and-coin-mining/

Gaming Rig: i7-9700k 5GHz all core, GTX 1070, 16GB TridentZ, Buncha ssds...

Stream Machine: R7 1700, GTX 660 (lol), 16GB Corsair Somethingoranother, 120 GB SSD i've had since 2012. 

Mobile Workstation: MSI-ALPHA :R7 3750H, RX 5500M, 16GB of some ram, 500GB SSD.

OP could make a outer hull for this and just have the keys/touchpad stick out enough for use.  Awesome build!

Thats a great idea. If you use clear acrylic and cut out holes for each key, then screw the acrylic to the desk ,the OP should be able to  remove it for washing with minimal fuss.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

This is what i meant. 

Only problem is they are rubber, i would think you can pinch the keys and pull, or he will get a toy car and rub it against it, ripping it. he also might pay alot more attention to the wires and pull them out

i dont think they keyboard is as big issue now, he doesnt get much water on it, or chocolate milk :P, not enough to break it, maybe sticky keys but ye lol

once again, thanks to all the nice comments and offers

This made me feel all warm inside  :) good job man, you got my respect as well.

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

• 2 months later...

Just a little update.. also i updated the first post with these picutures

I found out couple of months later that my job wasn't finished with the screen, i put perspex on the top to stop him pouring water down it but i caught him picking the monitor up and putting it on the side to pour water down.. so it had to be fixed and this is what i came up with

35i5d94.jpg

This is it, all ready to be installed

vcuplj.jpg

This is the back of it, for the cable management :P i put the wood there so he cant push the monitor back

iq94wj.jpg

Fully installed, bolted down and the screen cant move

27xjps4.jpg

Everything completed!!