Project - Prevent Destruction

perplex

You're an amazing brother... mad respects to you

Agreed.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Mad respect for you. 

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

super brotherly love. awesome man.   all the build show the love you put in them. though out, clean and looks great for what it is.

Parvum Systems S1.0, 3570K, H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16GB @ 1866, EVGA GTX 680 FTW+, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD, WD Velociraptor 600GB HDD, Corsair AX850

You are the best brother in the world. 

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

You are awesome man, i hope your bro like his new computer and appreciates the work you did!:)

You are awesome man, i hope your bro like his new computer and appreciates the work you did! :)

haha i wish, first things he will do is try to break it, he doesnt really appreciate stuff, he breaks stuff he likes and needs :P

thanks to the rest of the comments

lol i dont think so, its nothing special, well i dont think so

Wow, what you've done for your brother is simply just amazing

• 2 months later...

Hey Guys, bit of a update.

His birthday was about 2 weeks ago, and it seems i failed.. (kinda knew he would break it)

After 2 weeks he snapped his keyboard so i had to make it so he cant, here are a few pictures, i also added them to my first post

11mgwnk.jpg

This is it on his birthday, ready for him

9k6kb8.jpg

This is how i hope to solve him from snapping the keyboard

206otwn.jpg

This is the keyboard glued and screwed down

I think the mouse will be next i think, and a wireless mouse wont solve it 100% because he snaps the plastic clicker where your finger lays to click it, and he would snap the part that holds the battery in...so time will tell hehe

You are really an awesome brother for doing all this. And that little box for the pc..I couldnt event tell that it's there.Very discreet. Nice job. :)

Logitech has a washable keyboard if you are worried of him spilling stuffs onto it. I've tried playing around with it. It is quite sturdy. > http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/washable-keyboard-k310?crid=26

And what about using a trackball so you can fixed it on the desk but still have that mouse ability? Like this > http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/trackman-marble?crid=8

you sir are awesome, good to see you looking out for your brother. i think this forum needs a "you win 1 internets" badge, and this perplex needs to get it first

And then you realize your shoes are filled with peanut butter, what then?! >:L

just outstanding

My Rig:

Case: Cooler Master CM II 690 Advanced USB3; Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v; Processor: i5 3550 3.3 GHz - 3.7GHz, oc @ 3.9-4.1 GHz; Graphic cards: two XFX 7850 black edition oc @ 1 GHz; 

Ram: Corsair Vengance Red 2x4 GB 1600 MHz CL8; Heatsink: Noctua NH-U9B; Power supply: Corsair HX750 W 80 Plus Gold; Storage: SSD Vertex 3 120 GB +2 HDD Wester Digital 1 TB

Love all the ingenious ways you've used to bomb-proof the equipment.

Regarding the mouse: I think there are vandal-resistant trackballs used

for things like automatic ticket machines, info terminals and such, maybe

that could work (come to think of it, there are also vandal-resistant

keyboards for those sorts of machines)? However, I'm guessing they're

probably pretty damn expensive, but maybe you could get an old one from a

discarded unit on eBay? Might be worth a look.

Anyway, awesome! :)

BUILD LOGS: HELIOS - Latest Update: 2015-SEP-06 ::: ZEUS - BOTW 2013-JUN-28 ::: APOLLO - Complete: 2014-MAY-10
OTHER STUFF: Cable Lacing Tutorial ::: What Is ZFS? ::: mincss Primer ::: LSI RAID Card Flashing Tutorial
FORUM INFO: Community Standards ::: The Moderating Team ::: 10TB+ Storage Showoff Topic

You are an amazing brother.  Good for you for taking care of your brother like that.  You have a lot of patience and understanding to keep after it like this.  Respect.

It sounds like he might be breaking things to fulfill some kind of sensory need.  Does he have anything in the house designed to give him the sensory input that he is seeking that might be a replacement behavior for breaking valuables?  If you need ideas regarding this, I will get together some others here in the office to brainstorm.  We work with children with various developmental disabilities, autism being the most common.  

Good for you, mate!

wow is the term i couldnt stop saying reading this entire topic!

first for the amazing person you must be "perplex" and second for all the amazing coments!

i'm so glad to be part of this comunity!

Thank you all! ;)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

Amazing! The things you did for your brother are an example that many people should follow. Many props to you!

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

You are really an awesome brother for doing all this. And that little box for the pc..I couldnt event tell that it's there.Very discreet. Nice job. :)

Logitech has a washable keyboard if you are worried of him spilling stuffs onto it. I've tried playing around with it. It is quite sturdy. > http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/washable-keyboard-k310?crid=26

And what about using a trackball so you can fixed it on the desk but still have that mouse ability? Like this > http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/trackman-marble?crid=8

The washable keyboard, yes ive looked at it, the problems are, he tends to pull keys off the board, so thats why i tried to get a low profile one, and he might end up pulling the power cable out, so id need a wireless one, only issue is he will pull the batterys out ect and say he does manage to break it, it gets expensive to keep replacing

The trackball mouse is the next step, ive also looked into it and ill see how this mouse goes first, he seems to be focusing on the keyboard right now, but since i stopped him doing that, he might try something else

thanks for the help

You are an amazing brother.  Good for you for taking care of your brother like that.  You have a lot of patience and understanding to keep after it like this.  Respect.

It sounds like he might be breaking things to fulfill some kind of sensory need.  Does he have anything in the house designed to give him the sensory input that he is seeking that might be a replacement behavior for breaking valuables?  If you need ideas regarding this, I will get together some others here in the office to brainstorm.  We work with children with various developmental disabilities, autism being the most common.  

Good for you, mate!

Interesting, but im not sure what you mean by, have anything in the house for his sensory input. right now no matter what we do, no matter now much he loves it, he will break it, examples hes got a psp, snapped the screen, or all our Nintendo 64 and Sega games snapped at the PCB, controller cords pulled out of the controller, he loves playing them but i think hes just got a need to test how strong something is, he use to pull his curtains down, like breaking the hook to the wall, so i bolted a metal bracket there and now he can hang off it and it wont break, after that he stopped breaking curtains all together.. so ye

Thanks for the offer, ill see how it goes first, right now he goes to a school that handles the same type of people with disabilities, im sure it would be the same type of thing

thank you to the rest of the nice comments

this is a visceral post. respect very much

you're an amazing brother