Community Funded Kickstarter for Linus Media Group?

I spend a fair amount of time going through the forum and watchin LTT videos on YouTube and I have yet to spend a dime for all this entertainment. Would anyone be interested in perhaps doing a Kickstarter so that Linus Media Group can get a proper capture card for their benchmarking? I think the community is pretty supportive and we could probably raise enough in no time. I figure it would be a nice "thanks for all the work you do!" from the community. Sorry for the lengthy topic I just spent like 3 hours watching LinusTechTips and thought of this. What does everyone think?

I think it would be a great idea and as much as I'd like to put a little something into the pot I barely have enough money to support myself due to unemployment, I have to live on £56 per week and it's a little difficult at times.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

I would love to help but I can't : /

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

If every member gave just $1, that it is approx. $30 000 if I'm not mistaken.
How much does one of those rigs cost anyway? 

while (true) {

live();

}

Well obviously it's not going to be mandatory or anything :) just if people have the means and the feeling of giving back to the guys who give us so much.

No.  Linus is a business and needs to be treated as such.  We don't donate money to the grocery store because we like shopping there.

As much as I enjoy everything they do, and I do, I don't think donations are appropriate.

I spend a fair amount of time going through the forum and watchin LTT videos on YouTube and I have yet to spend a dime for all this entertainment. Would anyone be interested in perhaps doing a Kickstarter so that Linus Media Group can get a proper capture card for their benchmarking? I think the community is pretty supportive and we could probably raise enough in no time. I figure it would be a nice "thanks for all the work you do!" from the community. Sorry for the lengthy topic I just spent like 3 hours watching LinusTechTips and thought of this. What does everyone think?

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

If every member gave just $1, that it is approx. $30 000 if I'm not mistaken.

How much does one of those rigs cost anyway? 

Wow, I guess that wouldn't be so bad....

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

Linus won't let us. Maybe Linus Media Group merchandise? I would buy like crazy lol :)

No.  Linus is a business and needs to be treated as such.  We don't donate money to the grocery store because we like shopping there.

As much as I enjoy everything they do, and I do, I don't think donations are appropriate.

While I appreciate what you are saying, I wouldn't say that it is necessarily the same thing as a grocery store. At a grocery store you pay money and receive goods and services. Linus Media Group refuses to charge us money and gives us services. Also it would not be like just giving money to them, I myself (as well as many others I am sure) purchase graphics cards based on benchmarks and the more accurate the benchmark is the better I think it will be for people who rely on this resource. Again, this is not mandatory and at this point is simply a concept. I appreciate you voicing your opinion though.

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

Grocery store is already a paid thing. How do you think grocer companies stay in business? I, personally don't see it as anything bad. As long as the donation is going toward something, like the afore said frame timing setup. 

Linus isn't a non profit.  If he was donations make a lot more sense.  The sentiment is very nice, but should be directed more towards supporting them in other ways.

I think he needs to open a swag store or have other means for us to spend money on him.

Grocery store is already a paid thing. How do you think grocer companies stay in business? I, personally don't see it as anything bad. As long as the donation is going toward something, like the afore said frame timing setup. 

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I think an Indiegogo is more what they should look into.

Yeah that would probably be a better platform for this kind of thing. Good idea.

I think it would be a great idea and as much as I'd like to put a little something into the pot I barely have enough money to support myself due to unemployment, I have to live on £56 per week and it's a little difficult at times.

ahhh, that's why you are so active on the forum. Haha good luck. I'm still in college and don't live in reality.

I would totally be down for something like this if there was some cool kickstarter swag like tee shirts (every youtubers got one), lanyards etc. Not sure if it needs to be kickstarter though. I think it's about time linus got a district lines of something. There must be some graphic designers on this site that would make some cool graphics.

ahhh, that's why you are so active on the forum. Haha good luck. I'm still in college and don't live in reality.

rofl cheers mate, hopefully the economy gets a grip :)

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

we should just send him money, 20 titans and ddr2 ram to mess with him

Prepare for battle in BATTLEFIELD 4! All New Dog tags JUST LIKE THIS: