What books should I read?

Jaquavius

Hey, so I am looking for some cool books to read and I figured, why not get suggestions for similar minds.

I obviously like sci-fi and I also like fantasy. I thought for example that the Divergent series was quite good.

Sci-fi or fantasy with romance is also good, but I prefer more mature romance. For example, the Percy Jackson series felt a bit too childish for me because Percy's and Annabeth's relationship felt so innocent it became a bit childish for me. Still liked the books though.

Thanks for any suggestions.

It's totally not a genre that you specified and you probably won't like it, but you should read The Fountainhead and report back. :)

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

PCPartPicker: http://pcpartpicker.com/user/PortedOasis/saved/fhdG3C

Oh, and The Road.

Edit: Oh god and World War Z, I promise its better than the shit show that was the movie adaptation.

CPU: Intel i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core   Mobo: Asus Z97-A ATX LGA1150   Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series(2x4GB) DDR3-1600   GPU: Asus Strix OC GTX 970   HDD: WD Black 2TB - 7200RPM   SDD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB   PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze - SemiMod   Case: NZXT S340 (Black)

Do you play WoW? if so there is plethora of books about it I have read like 15 or so and those are not all of them.

I was recently introduced to a book series (like 6 books) by Harry Turtle dove, is called "World War Series" sci fi about aliens invading the planet during the middle of world war two, I like it a lot.

I'm also in the process of reading Game of Thrones books and Hunger Games trilogy dunno if that is your taste.

Mogworld.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

The Outlander series is fantastic. More than your fair share of "romance".

Enders Game is a must. 

I read it, never understood what the fuss was about. Seemed like another boring pre-teen sci-fi series.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

The hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy trilogy (but it's 5 books)

"Never quote yourself"

-I need a better name

Enders game is amazing.

Cpu:

Intel i5 4460 Motherboard:Msi Z97S Sli krait Ram:HyperX Fury White (2x4) Storage:Seagate 1tb/Samsung 850 Evo 120gb Gpu:Gtx 960 2gb sc Case:S340 Black Psu:Corsair Rm 650w 80+ Gold certified

My anime list : http://myanimelist.net/animelist/KRImSIN

Ranger's Apprentice series is very entertaining. I would highly recommend it.

The Outlander series is fantastic. More than your fair share of "romance".

I read it, never understood what the fuss was about. Seemed like another boring pre-teen sci-fi series.

I didn't know pre-teen books had full blow murder and genocide in them :o

I didn't know pre-teen books had full blow murder and genocide in them :o

I only read the first one.

Either way, I didn't get why people rave about it.

I only read the first one.

Either way, I didn't get why people rave about it.

The first one was good but it went into a whole lot more detail in the other books. 

All 10 or so books that are in the ender's game universe are really good. Also, if you haven't already, the maze runner books are really good, better than the movie like every other good book made into a movie.

Well if you want a "mature" romance book Fifty Shades of Gray is the book for you. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

That's not romance.

Alice In wonderland   :P

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

The Hyperion series by Dan Simmons is excellent, I really liked it myself.

The Lord of the Rings is a must ;)

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Well, I've read Ender's Game, Lord of the Rings, and.... Alice in Wonderland when I was little. Like all of those, thanks for the suggestions still :).

I might try the Maze Runner and I am looking into both the Phoenix and the Hyperion series. :)

http://thegreatestbooks.org/

Negligently a Great List

That's basically a list of the books I had to read for AP Lit...