EVGA GTX 780 CLASSIFIED ANYONE?

sysloc
Go to solution Solved by Exotath,

I think the new Galaxy 780 HOF is the highest clocked 780 (core). http://www.galaxytechus.com/__US__/Product6/ProductDetail?proID=139&isStop=0

1006Mhz Base/1058Mhz Boost

Anyways I wish more of these super high end 780s would come with back plates.

err.. so the difference you get for 40$ is like 26mhz lol  (sc acx vs classified)

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

okay well, compared to other 780s out there, this is one of the fastest if not the fastest stock OC'ed card available. And you get the ballin ACX cooling. Okay yes im a bit of a fanboy with evga :rolleyes:

sysloc

So wait, it's not a 4 or 6gb vram? What gives, classifieds usually have more vram.

• 4 weeks later...

Nvida probably makes it like that because it is another incentive to buy a titan. Also classified is way faster than sc acx it allows voltage to go up to 1.35v without modification and if u buy the evbot tool you will be able to get 1.8v. People are getting 1300mhz on these cards. Mine is in the mail and i'll let you know on the results.

It's probably the fastest factory OCed card but it's not that much faster than a SC ACX and it looks almost the same. There really isn't anything compelling enough to spend 40$ more as far as I can see... 

So wait, it's not a 4 or 6gb vram? What gives, classifieds usually have more vram.

nVidia probably wouldn't like that because it would take away one of the Titan's biggest advantage.

i almost hate every single thing about that guy

just extremely annoying

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

i almost hate every single thing about that guy

just extremely annoying

Well gee no need to be nice or anything... 

Yes, the 780 Classified isn't the same value as the 680 Classified was. 

Yes, there isn't much more value to the 780 C for the price, compared to the ACX SC. 

Yes, it looks the same and lacks the white color scheme. 

Yeah, it simply isn't as good as it was posed to be or could have been. 

But honestly, why does no one like EVGA? What is so horrendous about them that nobody "likes" them? EVGA is really the most "neutral" company out there; they don't "innovate" a lot, they stick with simplicity (as of now, they are only partnered with Intel and Nvidia) they stick with what works, and they have the best support out there. (EVGA's forums are second only to LTT) 

Yes, I see that those points alone could cause people to go with other choices (almost always Asus) but just the negativity surrounding EVGA is beyond my comprehension. I see this everywhere I look, even on their own forums. Hell, even Asrock has a more clear cut fan base! Actually, the only "good" ness I've seen relating to EVGA is on their own forums and on product reviews on third-party resellers! Somebody please explain this to me! I know that EVGA hasn't had the best product launches all the time (motherboard bios functionality) or future support (ex: X79 bios updates) but come on, really? Is that really the only point for hatred? 

sysloc

Well gee no need to be nice or anything... 

Yes, the 780 Classified isn't the same value as the 680 Classified was. 

Yes, there isn't much more value to the 780 C for the price, compared to the ACX SC. 

Yes, it looks the same and lacks the white color scheme. 

Yeah, it simply isn't as good as it was posed to be or could have been. 

But honestly, why does no one like EVGA? What is so horrendous about them that nobody "likes" them? EVGA is really the most "neutral" company out there; they don't "innovate" a lot, they stick with simplicity (as of now, they are only partnered with Intel and Nvidia) they stick with what works, and they have the best support out there. (EVGA's forums are second only to LTT) 

Yes, I see that those points alone could cause people to go with other choices (almost always Asus) but just the negativity surrounding EVGA is beyond my comprehension. I see this everywhere I look, even on their own forums. Hell, even Asrock has a more clear cut fan base! Actually, the only "good" ness I've seen relating to EVGA is on their own forums and on product reviews on third-party resellers! Somebody please explain this to me! I know that EVGA hasn't had the best product launches all the time (motherboard bios functionality) or future support (ex: X79 bios updates) but come on, really? Is that really the only point for hatred?

They are overpriced and that is my only problem with them, otherwise I love them but I can't afford a card from them.

So... If Jesus had the gold, would he buy himself out instead of waiting 3 days for the respawn?

CPU: Phenom II x6 1045t ][ GPU: GeForce 9600GT 512mb DDR3 ][ Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3P ][ RAM: 2x4GB Kingston 1333MHz CL9 DDR3 ][ HDD: Western Digital Green 2TB ][ PSU: Chieftec 500AB A ][ Case: No-name without airflow or dust filters Budget saved for an upgrade so far: 2400PLN (600€) - Initial 2800PLN (700€) Upgraded already: CPU

I think the new Galaxy 780 HOF is the highest clocked 780 (core). http://www.galaxytechus.com/__US__/Product6/ProductDetail?proID=139&isStop=0

1006Mhz Base/1058Mhz Boost

Anyways I wish more of these super high end 780s would come with back plates.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

They are overpriced and that is my only problem with them, otherwise I love them but I can't afford a card from them.

Okay now that is a valid and factual point, thank you! Their merchandise can be generally 15% to 30% more than comparable competition. But with my experiences with EVGA products, this can often be worth it. (Build quality is exceptional)

sysloc