GTA V, Rough benches with 14 AMD / Nvidia GPU's (From 650ti - TitanX and 260x - 295x2

Dzzope

I think that the GTA V "tech news" threads, which all fall under "PC Gaming" BTW, is getting a little over the top.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

Was hoping too see a video on this from Linus but he seems to focused on cameras and general consumer electronics lately....

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

dat watercooled i3 in the video what the fuck

Probably the easiest way to install multiple CPUs in the test system. Unscrew the cooler, replace the cpu, replace the block. Plus it would allow consistent cooling for overclocked chips.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

what surprises me the most is that a 650ti on high settings got on average of 60fps at 1080p. 

Was hoping too see a video on this from Linus but he seems to focused on cameras and general consumer electronics lately....

Because Cameras and general consumer tech > a game that is relevant for far fewer people. 

Also, Linus is on vacation. Two of the guys are at NAB. The crew isn't running at full steam, so its not like they have time for these things. Also, they have a video schedule. They can't benchmark a game they didn't have at the time with time that hasn't been budgeted for.

They also have to decide if making yet another benchmarking video is worth the production time, even if its a more basic production with just Slick doing it all. 

I swear, the lot of you want this place to become LinusGamingTips with no regard for what it takes to actually make content that people actually want to see. 

I was wondering about that too, as a 780 owner I would like to know exactly. I know I can guess-timate inbetween 770 and 780ti but is just not the same.

well your 780 won't leave you in shame at 1080, but don't expect to crank everything if you want a steady 60fps.
Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

dat watercooled i3 in the video what the fuck

It's a test bed.. He has the same set-up no matter the chip thats in it.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Where did you see that ??? members here said they didn't suffer from stuttering from the 970.

He didn't see it anywhere, because the 970 runs GTA V just fine. I have 2 friends (brothers) that both have 970's and they have not put the game down since its launch. It performs amazingly well for their 1080p setup's from what i see, so people saying that the 970 cannot handle GTA V at 1080p are clearly delusional. 

I am just happy that the older cards are still relevant in these benches, at least when compared to consoles. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

Because Cameras and general consumer tech > a game that is relevant for far fewer people. 

Gaming is probably relevant to a much bigger crowd than the professional-grade cameras at NAB. Most people only use their phone cameras these days.

Not that I mind some NAB content.

Why people don't post these threads to their respective areas? In this case GAMING.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Sorry if it's the wrong place.. But it's a review and I saw some similar content posted here so here it is.. A mod can move it easily if they feel it's the wrong area.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Heck yeah, my current rig will be fine.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL