GTA V, Rough benches with 14 AMD / Nvidia GPU's (From 650ti - TitanX and 260x - 295x2

Dzzope

So as the title says, this is really a rough and ready guide as to what you can expect over a range of cards and settings.

It's not an in-depth analysis by any means (and I would have loved if he'd included minimum frames as well as average)

So here you go:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonevangelho/2015/04/15/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-version-benchmarked-across-14-nvidia-and-amd-graphics-cards/

BTW for those saying "you NEED more than 2GB vram".. Just no. 2GB cards run fine, for their power, more ram would have minimal effect on performance.

The game seems pretty well optimized for mid range or older cards, No you won't run all the settings max'd but then when could you ever run a Trip A title max'd with a mid range or aging GPU.

Anyway, I hope this is useful as it covers a wide range of cards and performance ranges / budgets and lets you know roughly what you can expect to get fps wise.

For those who prefere a video, NCIX released this which will also give you a decent idea of the settings / hardware to get your desired results. Thanks to SnowComet for posting:

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

forbes?

have you no shame?

Quick and dirty guide for a wide range of performances, Fro what I've seen, the higher performing cards are about right so it's more meant for those with lower tier GPU's..

As I said, it's rough guide as to what to expect and not an in-depth performance analysis.

I would also check out DudeRandom84 on youtube. https://www.youtube.com/user/DudeRandom84 He has some great video's showing the higher end GPU performance on the game. At high settings, the game does struggle in places to run smoothly.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

Holy cow their website is awful. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to read their article on an ultra wide. Wait a minute.... why are they running with tesselation off?

Yeah, the testing seems odd. I've seen the 970 perform like crap when it went over 3.5gb of vram but he fails to mention this. I'd assume playing in 4k would be fine when playing at sub par settings, but if your playing in 4K maxed out, he hardly wants to touch that subject because they are perform like crap at settings that high.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

Yeah, the testing seems odd. I've seen the 970 perform like crap when it went over 3.5gb of vram but he fails to mention this. I'd assume playing in 4k would be fine when playing at sub par settings, but if your playing in 4K maxed out, he hardly wants to touch that subject because they are perform like crap at settings that high.

4k was tested with everything max except AA. Whats your issue?

BTW, I've no issue with the site (though granted I've only scrolled through the one article).. But with screen width of 1600px or 3200 it works fine for me..

Do people hate the 780 or something?

Or are they just a**holes?

Why? What?

If your wondering why it wasn't tested, thats because there are cards that are there with roughly similar performance...

Why? What?

If your wondering why it wasn't tested, thats because there are cards that are there with roughly similar performance...

I've been having a very poor performance with my cards.

I guess this is the nail in the coffin for me to sell the two :L

I would put much more faith in the Guru3D article. It also includes FCAT measurements, so the frame pacing can be quantified. There is some microstuttering in Crossfire, but not quite as bad as Forbes makes it seem.

Where did you see that ??? members here said they didn't suffer from stuttering from the 970.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I like the fact that he shows other option rather than " maxed out" and "low end", so it does show me that I should get a 40 FPS with decent High settings 1080p on my HD 7770!

I like the fact that he shows other option rather than " maxed out" and "low end", so it does show me that I should get a 40 FPS with decent High settings 1080p on my HD 7770!

This is exactly why I posted this, Hopefully those with mid or even lower end cards will find it useful.

I would put much more faith in the Guru3D article. It also includes FCAT measurements, so the frame pacing can be quantified. There is some microstuttering in Crossfire, but not quite as bad as Forbes makes it seem.

Likewise, This is a rough and ready guide to those with non top end systems.

NCIX uploaded a video on their youtube channel, simply classified video cards for GTA 5 based on the resolution....

I think it is the simplest classification I have yet seen on youtube.....

The most probable answer is he fails to mention it because it didn't happen.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

NCIX uploaded a video on their youtube channel, simply classified video cards for GTA 5 based on the resolution....

I think it is the simplest classification I have yet seen on youtube.....

Great vid.. adding to OP

According to TB's port report the included benchmark utility doesn't work very well and gives inaccurate results.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Do people hate the 780 or something?

Or are they just a**holes?

I was wondering about that too, as a 780 owner I would like to know exactly. I know I can guess-timate inbetween 770 and 780ti but is just not the same.

The in-game benchmarking tool isn't very consistent, which makes it not completely ideal for testing. But, it is good enough to give you a rough idea, a ball-park estimate as to what performance to expect on your own machine with similar components.

Only thing I used the benchmark for was to optimize my graphics settings. It at least contains a number of scenes with varying loads on the GPU and I found it quite useful to fine-tune the settings and get them "just right". :)

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS