HUGE PROBLEM :( :( :(

Akamii

just bought r9 285 and after 1h install the card and the psu (thermaltake smart se 730w) and im using the dvi to vga convertor which comes with the card but the shit was the monitor stays black and the card's fans are running and the pc is running, and by turning to the basic graphics card which built in the board, the monitor comes on and everything is normal.. so im sure the new grapichs card is the problem now,, can you tell me guys what can i do and which dammn thing is wrong please ? :( im soooooo disappointed/sad/angry/mad and about to die :(

my mobo is : s2p-78lmt and ye im using it because i always play on stock ,, can the mobo become a problem ? which i cant believe... or that convertor? and if its the convertor how to solve it since my monitor is only vga ..

Make sure the card is completely in the slot, and maybe hit the BIOS and see if for whatever reason it is disabled. Please don't disable your on-board graphics.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

What are the rest of your specs? Did you also plug in your supplemental power connectors?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

just bought r9 285 and after 1h install the card and the psu (thermaltake smart se 730w) and im using the dvi to vga convertor which comes with the card but the shit was the monitor stays black and the card's fans are running and the pc is running, and by turning to the basic graphics card which built in the board, the monitor comes on and everything is normal.. so im sure the new grapichs card is the problem now,, can you tell me guys what can i do and which dammn thing is wrong please ? :( im soooooo disappointed/sad/angry/mad and about to die :(

my mobo is : s2p-78lmt and ye im using it because i always play on stock ,, can the mobo become a problem ? which i cant believe... or that convertor? and if its the convertor how to solve it since my monitor is only vga ..

I would check to see if the card is in all the way first. Just give it a little push and see if it goes in any further. the next thing I would do is to check the adapter. Do you have a TV? If so, almost all modern televisions have a HDMI input. I would plug into that and see if you get anything. If not, purchase a new converter and see if that solves your problem(they are cheap, and if VGA is all you have, it never hurts to have a spare laying around). Also check power connections in addition to connection to board. (Also, Please follow your posts so you can keep up to date, and don't forget to mark answered if the problem gets solved)

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

-Plug in the monitor directly to the GPU (not the mobo)

-Clear CMOS after installing the GPU

-Make sure the GPU power is plugged in

-The GPU must be corretly placed all the way in the PCIe slot

-Try a different PCIe slot (if available)

What are the rest of your specs? Did you also plug in your supplemental power connectors?

sure, and i think the rest of specs wont change anything here...

Make sure the card is completely in the slot, and maybe hit the BIOS and see if for whatever reason it is disabled. Please don't disable your on-board graphics.

i was using another video card but sold it now and it was working fine :S

I would check to see if the card is in all the way first. Just give it a little push and see if it goes in any further. the next thing I would do is to check the adapter. Do you have a TV? If so, almost all modern televisions have a HDMI input. I would plug into that and see if you get anything. If not, purchase a new converter and see if that solves your problem(they are cheap, and if VGA is all you have, it never hurts to have a spare laying around). Also check power connections in addition to connection to board. (Also, Please follow your posts so you can keep up to date, and don't forget to mark answered if the problem gets solved)

but what if the gpu fans are working? it still means the psu would be a problem?

but what if the gpu fans are working? it still means the psu would be a problem?

I never said the PSU was the problem, I was just saying to check that the power for the card was also plugged in tight. Also, I would clear the CMOS as mentioned above, and check to see if it works in a different PCIe slot.

Does not having a second parenthesis around something bother anyone else as much as it does me? (Like if this statement was missing a second side)

have only one pcl slot.. guys it maybe the convertor? or my monitor doesnt support that convertor? :S

Buys a high end GPU... uses VGA... WHY.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Buys a high end GPU... uses VGA... WHY.

Because people don't plan... Watch him be on 480p still lmao. But really... People don't plan, like me, I got a 3770K 6 months ago and a new motherboard, picked up a 4790K last week.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

well guys any clues? maybe i should try DVI-A to vga adapter? because the current one is DVI-I

sure, and i think the rest of specs wont change anything here...

We need your full specs.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

did you update the AMD driver?

you may need to install the driver first before your system detects the GPU

otherwise you mobo BIOS may need updating to accept the GPU

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

first time to hear that the bios should be updated for a new GPu, i know that might happens only with CPUS, also i have omega driver installed because i used to have 

amd gpu , and my problem here is NO DATA the screen stays black, i tried DVi-I and DVI-D both of THEM doesn't work and tried the DVI-D on the board slot not the gpu and it doesnt work either.. so its the convertor problem? and i also tried the DVI-I on another gpu and its the same results ! it might be the monitor doesnt accept any convertor? that might happen? or what the hell is going on ?!!!! PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE HELPPPP 2days until now and i feel like i just lost my money !

Specs:

CPU: FX-6300

GPU: r9 285 dual-x 

MOBO: s2p-78lmt rev.5

ram : 4gb ram

psu: thermaltake smart se 730w

HDD : WD 500GB

Monitor : LCD ACER 19inch 1366x768 only VGA also tried on lenovo 1280x1024 LCD VGA/DVI-D

Have you plugged in the power cables for the card?

sure... i said the fans are spinning..

sure... i said the fans are spinning..

That means nothing, double check. The fans will spin as long as it's getting power from the PCIe slot.

That means nothing, double check. The fans will spin as long as it's getting power from the PCIe slot.

actually no ! because when i dont plug the psu cables into the card, the fans wont spin !

actually no ! because when i dont plug the psu cables into the card, the fans wont spin !

o_O Well there's a problem, can you take a picture of the card inside your case and the cables you're supposed to plug in to it?

I am almost 100% sure that you have not installed the drivers... INSTALL DEM DRVERS or else nothing will work. I have a Sapphire radeon r9 270x that did that exact thing with drivers not installed. It would not work at all. Install drivers from the disk that it came with and it will work. Also if you are 100% sure you installed the installation disk that came with it download new drivers from the card manufactureres website. 

TL;DR

No drivers=waist of $$$

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I am almost 100% sure that you have not installed the drivers... INSTALL DEM DRVERS or else nothing will work. I have a Sapphire radeon r9 270x that did that exact thing with drivers not installed. It would not work at all. Install drivers from the disk that it came with and it will work. Also if you are 100% sure you installed the installation disk that came with it download new drivers from the card manufactureres website. 

TL;DR

No drivers=waist of $$$

dude there's no DATA.. the monitor doesnt show anything ! no bios NOThing ! how it should be a driver?!!

o_O Well there's a problem, can you take a picture of the card inside your case and the cables you're supposed to plug in to it?

i think i will ..