I upgraded and now I lagg? [SOLVED]

TaiGeXGaming
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Suppose you try disabling all of the C states and Speedstep. Does that make a difference?

That's why I said Take out one of your RAM modules try it with one and then the other to see which one is bad.

I'm 90% sure it's bad RAM.

If I take out RAM then won't I just get more lagg in the game anyway?

That's a step in the right direction. What did you transplant ? VGA only ?

I took out my GTX680 and of course my HDDs and put them in my old computer: (i5 3570, 8 Gb RAM, MSI Z77MA-G45 Z77 Ivy Bridge Motherboard, stock cooling in a very small case.

Do you have vertical sync enabled in the game, i wonder if it is getting confused with one of the monitors somehow. (i don't play LoL so not sure about what graphics options you have).

Taking it off didn't do anything :(

I switched the GTX 680 and HDDs into a different system (i5 3570, 8 Gb RAM, MSI Z77MA-G45 Z77 Ivy Bridge Motherboard, stock cooling in a very small case) and the system worked perfectly - I didn't drop below 60 FPS at all for some reason.

Same or different RAM?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

@YoYo155 is probably right then. Looks like one of your RAM DIMMs is busted.

Put your computer back together and remove one dimm. Bench and see what happens. Rinse and repeat until you find the faulty one.

Looks like you have a RMA coming up !

Try your old ram in your new rig, if you are having the same problem it is looking like its either your motherboard or CPU, what you need to do then is run some CPU benchmarks, If not its likely to be one of your new stick of ram.

Cinebench is what i would start with if it gets a good score on that, and other CPU benchmarks i would be inclined to think that its the motherboard.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Same or different RAM?

I used different RAM

@YoYo155 is probably right then. Looks like one of your RAM DIMMs is busted.

Put your computer back together and remove one dimm. Bench and see what happens. Rinse and repeat until you find the faulty one.

Looks like you have a RMA coming up !

Doing it now, thanks

Try your old ram in your new rig, if you are having the same problem it is looking like its either your motherboard or CPU, what you need to do then is run some CPU benchmarks, If not its likely to be one of your new stick of ram.

Cinebench is what i would start with if it gets a good score on that, and other CPU benchmarks i would be inclined to think that its the motherboard.

Getting too it, thanks

Slowly getting there, oh yeah!

tumblr_mjkbcjmswL1rdgmrfo1_400.gif

Yeah :)

Just swapped out my new RAM for my old RAM, but Speccy says it's still 666 MHz.  Does that mean it's clocked at 1333MHz, because it's dual channel?

7HS1Xml.png

It did the same with my other RAM :/

EDIT:  Playing a game now to see if it works better

yeah 666 is 1333.

Its not a ram issue then, motherboard or CPU is at fault, time to try CPU benchmarks

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

Could I possibly have a link for a CPU stress test, or should I just use Prime 95?

Run a performance test 7.0 benchmark on the CPU and see what score you get. The score should be quite high as it says here, http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-4770K+%40+3.50GHz&id=1919

It should be around the 10k mark (if not higher).

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

its not a stress test you need, its a performance test

Also you might want to check what mode your PCIe slots are in, make sure they are in 3.0, you'll find this in bios

Run a performance test 7.0 benchmark on the CPU and see what score you get. The score should be quite high as it says here, http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i7-4770K+%40+3.50GHz&id=1919

It should be around the 10k mark (if not higher).

Z2pzy5C.png

Should I be worried?  Because, I'm worried.

its not a stress test you need, its a performance test

Also you might want to check what mode your PCIe slots are in, make sure they are in 3.0, you'll find this in bios

Will do now.

Just run the CPU test and only the CPU test from under the advanced menu or tests menu (can't remember which one) and just look at the CPU score.

I should of made this more clear before hand, sorry.

System Specs:

Qjer5NL.png

If I'm meant to be getting 10K+, I think I feel sick.

Yes you aren't... that is slightly worrying. My friend owns a 2700k and scores much higher than that. As well as my 8150. It sounds as if something is wrong with your CPU, although run other benchmarks to see what happens.

System Specs:

Yes you aren't... that is slightly worrying. My friend owns a 2700k and scores much higher than that. As well as my 8150. It sounds as if something is wrong with your CPU, although run other benchmarks to see what happens.

What other benchmarks could I run specifically?  I honestly feel ill, oh my god.

What other benchmarks could I run specifically? I honestly feel ill, oh my god.

Download Cinebench

Also could you go into Task Manager, Performance Tab and then Resource Manager and check the CPU tab to see if your CPU cores are parked.

jtriol.png

When parked the CPU can sometimes perform worse because programs fail to activate the cores. Windows 7 and above only does this (its quite annoying).

System Specs:

Download Cinebench

Also could you go into Task Manager, Performance Tab and then Resource Manager and check the CPU tab to see if your CPU cores are parked.

jtriol.png

When parked the CPU can sometimes perform worse because programs fail to activate the cores. Windows 7 and above only does this (its quite annoying).

A few of them are parked.  hu7kxTT.png

A few of them are parked.  hu7kxTT.png

Disable core parking by following this tutorial.

http://forum.cakewalk.com/Windows-7-amp-Core-Parking-a-better-way-to-Turn-It-OFF-m1861804.aspx

System Specs:

I just did that tutorial.

It got worse.

7yGBN1x.png

Hmm, re enable it then. Try playing a game with it disabled. Sometimes I feel as if synthetic benchmarks don't really like it but in games you notice a slight difference (at least I do). Although it varies between each architecture. Although from looking at those scores I think there is something wrong with your CPU for sure. You're scoring half of what my CPU scores when you should in fact be scoring higher than my CPU.

System Specs:

Hmm, re enable it then. Try playing a game with it disabled. Sometimes I feel as if synthetic benchmarks don't really like it but in games you notice a slight difference (at least I do). Although it varies between each architecture. Although from looking at those scores I think there is something wrong with your CPU for sure. You're scoring half of what my CPU scores when you should in fact be scoring higher than my CPU.

I'm playing the same FPS in games, it's really bad.

I'm playing the same FPS in games, it's really bad.

Well I don't know how to say it then other than I really do think its your CPU... Unless someone else here can find something to prove me wrong (I really hope someone does). I feel bad for you right now, I don't know how you must feel right now. 

Hang in there though and wait for someone elses input however like I said.. Can't guarantee much.

System Specs:

Well I don't know how to say it then other than I really do think its your CPU... Unless someone else here can find something to prove me wrong (I really hope someone does). I feel bad for you right now, I don't know how you must feel right now. 

Hang in there though and wait for someone elses input however like I said.. Can't guarantee much.

Well, I've spent £2,201 on my computer and I can't utilize any of it properly.  So yeah, pretty annoyed.  May just need SCAN to replace my part.