I upgraded and now I lagg? [SOLVED]

TaiGeXGaming
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

Suppose you try disabling all of the C states and Speedstep. Does that make a difference?

Speedstep* is a feature that underclocks the CPU when it's not under a significant load. Apparently in this scenario, it doesn't play well all the time. C states enable the CPU to hit lower power consumption states in certain scenarios. Also, Intel CPUs do not consume that much power. But if you want to be as efficient as possible, enable the C states and see if your issue is still fixed.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Speedstep* is a feature that underclocks the CPU when it's not under a significant load. Apparently in this scenario, it doesn't play well all the time. C states enable the CPU to hit lower power consumption states in certain scenarios. Also, Intel CPUs do not consume that much power. But if you want to be as efficient as possible, enable the C states and see if your issue is still fixed.

Okay good thanks.

Uhm, should I be worried if my core speed is constantly at 3.8/3.9Ghz??  Will that not burn out the chip??  I'm,worried because all I've been seeing is 800Mhz D:

No. It will not burn out the chip. The thing that kills chips is voltage and heat.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

What temp should I start worrying?

Generally, anything past 80 degrees C. But it also depends on the clock frequency what the appropriate temperature should be.

disabling EIST should stop the clock from dropping.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I think this may be a bug worth reporting to ASUS about your specific motherboard as they will have to release a BIOS update to fix the Speedstep feature on your motherboard. I'm not sure what is up but ASUS doesn't seem to be pulling their own weight thats for sure, they're being very lazy with their products.

System Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU: Radeon RX 7900 XT 

RAM: 32GB 3600MHz

HDD: 1TB Sabrent NVMe -  WD 1TB Black - WD 2TB Green -  WD 4TB Blue

MB: Gigabyte  B550 Gaming X- RGB Disabled

PSU: Corsair RM850x 80 Plus Gold

Case: BeQuiet! Silent Base 801 Black

Cooler: Noctua NH-DH15

Couldn't find the CMOS so I just pulled the battery out and put it back in.  It reset the BIOS and now I can start up instantly without doing the stupid thing with memory check now.  However, it still did that weird thing - My processor starts off (I instantly open CPU-Z) at 3.5Ghz - 3.9Ghz for the first 2 minutes-ish, but then drops instantly to 800Mhz.  I don't know what's throttling it! D:

It sits around 29-33 Degrees Celsius whilst idling.  Roughly 31-35 Degrees Celsius.when I attempt to play games.

If it's the mobo, I'd love to know what's ACTUALLY wrong with it.  I don't actually have al ot of time as I have to go to work for a month on this coming Wednesday so I can't just RMA it right now.  I just don't understand what's throttling the CPU :(

well there is a EPU switch on the motherboard make sure it's off.

and in of the power consumption feature of haswell that it turn everything down on idle but don't worry it will crank it back up when you gaming.

well there is a EPU switch on the motherboard make sure it's off.

and in of the power consumption feature of haswell that it turn everything down on idle but don't worry it will crank it back up when you gaming.

It was pointless you saying that - this thread is already done and if you had read the previous posts, I already knew it.