Led lighting, how important is it?

Gdourado

Hello, how are you?

I am needing a new keyboard and mouse.

The thing is that there are tons and tons of models on the market and it gets really confusing!

First thing I am wondering is about led lighting. How importante is it?

Is it a good idea to get a mouse and keyboard with RGB lighting?

Cheers!

Hello, how are you?

I am needing a new keyboard and mouse.

The thing is that there are tons and tons of models on the market and it gets really confusing!

First thing I am wondering is about led lighting. How importante is it?

Is it a good idea to get a mouse and keyboard with RGB lighting?

Cheers!

It's only important if it's important to you. It doesn't mean anything else.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

if it lights up its faster. Especially red LEDs.

/s

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

lights= more swag

lights don't = more fps :(

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Lights look tacky to me in all situations except for white light, having said this spend the money you would spend on lights on a more well built keyboard.

Twitter | Steam |

Without LED's you will miss out on the +100 fps bonus..

Of course they don't matter

Lighting does absolutely nothing, especially fancy flashing RGB lighting. There might be some help in keyboard back-lighting for new people who don't know their way around the keyboard yet and who for whatever reason do computing in the dark (which is bad for your eyes). Lighting is therefore mostly cosmetic and won't affect your performance. Too much flash can make peripherals look like toys instead of tools.

Lights make your pc 60% faster duh.... Flame pictures do as well

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

I prefer a black keyboard with black keys and my desk is such that the keyboard is usually mostly underneath the shelf my monitors sit on.  At night it becomes very difficult to see them so I bought one with LEDs.  If you play a game that has relatively few binds you might learn to "know your way around the keyboard" well enough that lights won't matter.  I play ARMA3 which uses pretty much every single key you have available, often with shift modifiers, and since my right hand is usually on my mouse that means I often have to look down quickly to hit a bind on the right side of the keyboard, either with my mouse hand or my left hand (that isn't usually on the right side of the keyboard).

I like stealth missions in the dark so my screen is usually pretty dark.  That means room lights off.  Years of working construction in the dark have taught me that red lights are the best for preserving your night vision, blue and white are much worse (that's why they sell "blue blocker" sunglasses).

THERE!  I just justified why someone like me might want LEDs, in particular RED ones.  Why YOU might want them is something only you can answer.   :) 

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Are you going to LAN parties or using your PC at night time or in dark? Then LEDs are viable option. But only to KB. For mouse they are just for the looks.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I play insurgency/aram3 night maps with lights off. And I like surf the web/watch movies with lights off. So backlit feature is useful for me.