USPS questions

flibberdipper

Alright, so I was planning on selling a processor in its plastic casing that it came in, and I wanna know a few things.

1. Can I ship it in a padded envelope and still have it be fine?

2. Can I slap one of these bad boys on it and ship it off?

3. Will it be safe in the envelope, or should I step up to the flat rate box I have?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

1. If it is already in a clamshell plastic thing I think it would be fine . 

2. If you pay for postage yes that should be fine within the USA. 

3. Box would be much safer but a padded envelope would probably work. 

Id probably say yes..

|Casual Rig| CPU: i5-6600k |MoBo: ROG Gene  |GPU: Asus 670 Direct CU2 |RAM: RipJaws 2400MHz 2x8GB DDR4 |Heatsink: H100i |Boot Drive: Samsung Evo SSD 240GB|Chassis:BitFenix Prodigy |Peripherals| Keyboard:DasKeyboard, Cherry MX Blue Switches,|Mouse: Corsair M40

|Server Specs| CPU: i7-3770k [OC'd @ 4.1GHz] |MoBo: Sabertooth Z77 |RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 2x8GB |Boot Drive: Samsung 840 SSD 128GB|Storage Drive: 4 WD 3TB Red Drives Raid 5 |Chassis:Corsair 600t 

1. Of course

2. I think so, ask someone at the post office to be sure though

3. It's a processor, if it's LGA it's fine. PGA you might want to pin it to a foam piece and then it'll be fine.

1. If it is already in a clamshell plastic thing I think it would be fine . 

2. If you pay for postage yes that should be fine within the USA. 

3. Box would be much safer but a padded envelope would probably work. 

Would I have to use those little stickers I linked, or just postage?

1. Of course

2. I think so, ask someone at the post office to be sure though

3. It's a processor, if it's LGA it's fine. PGA you might want to pin it to a foam piece and then it'll be fine.

Well, it's already in a plastic case, so...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Alright, so I was planning on selling a processor in its plastic casing that it came in, and I wanna know a few things.

1. Can I ship it in a padded envelope and still have it be fine?

2. Can I slap one of these bad boys on it and ship it off?

3. Will it be safe in the envelope, or should I step up to the flat rate box I have?

I've had CPU's bubble wrapped and sent in a padded envelope to me (inside their plastic casing) and arrive just fine. And TBH they don't need much more than antistatic and light shock protection.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Would I have to use those little stickers I linked, or just postage?

I know when I have shipped stuff like this, I had to go to the post office and drop it off and pay for postage there. 

I say get box and shove everything in there to make sure the thing dose not move while being shipped

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

I would wrap it in an extra layer of bubble wrap and put that inside of the padded flat rate envelope.

Use the flat rate priority mail envelope and no sticker is required because the envelope has the mail class printed on it.

I would also go to the post office and ask them for the IMPB (intelligent mail package barcode) which serves as the tracking number....or if you print it online the IMPB will be on the label you print.

Hope this helps.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

I would wrap it in an extra layer of bubble wrap and put that inside of the padded flat rate envelope.

Use the flat rate priority mail envelope and no sticker is required because the envelope has the mail class printed on it.

I would also go to the post office and ask them for the IMPB (intelligent mail package barcode) which serves as the tracking number....or if you print it online the IMPB will be on the label you print.

Hope this helps.

Where does one get the online label?

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Where does one get the online label?

USPS website. You can enter all of the shipping information and then it can print a label using your printer.

There is no need for the special Avery labels, you can print on regular 8.5x11 if you so wish.

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter

USPS website. You can enter all of the shipping information and then it can print a label using your printer.

There is no need for the special Avery labels, you can print on regular 8.5x11 if you so wish.

Is it free, or...

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

The postage isn't free.

If you are asking if printing labels is free, yes.

In some cases you will actually be given an incentive discount for doing so because creating a label with barcodes reduces their workload.

I'd go for the box method because, its better to be safe then to be sorry later. Never mess with probability when it comes to shipping things to your buyer.

I'd go for the box method because, its better to be safe then to be sorry later. Never mess with probability when it comes to shipping things to your buyer.

It's all wrapped up in there now. :)

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

I wouldn't do that if I were you, but here's hoping it goes well for you.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |