980 + G10 Memory Temps

Go to solution Solved by Joemoma,

i took the shim off, and modified the EVGA Thermal plate (sanded the points of contact interfering)
i have it at stock / Default self overlocking

ambient is around 75F (24C)

yes, pump is plugged into the Motherboard under 1 of the Chassis fan connectors

1 fan, in pull config, and its a Noctua NF-12 (for radiators) is spinnings around 1050 RPM

Replaced the rear exhaust fan location with the Radiator as an exhaust

@Faceman it is a large case.. but the rear exhaust is placed a bit high which makes it close to the Top exhaust

yes the pump is on a plug that is set to "full speed"   and i am running 3 monitors, 2 for extra, 1 for gaming. and gaming at 1080P (shouldnt be a problem for the 980)

3 monitors is still more screen real estate, so again, your temps aren't bad, they are normal.  It is just that one hiccup to 60C that is out of the ordinary.  Was that a one time thing, or its consistently hitting 60C?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Så just one thermal pad across a couple of vrms? Not one for each vrm?

No, the VRMs are tiny.  You can use one sheet to cover multiple.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

haha.. And then the heatsinks should just be spread across the thermal pad which then should be spread across the vrms?

Okay.. I will try it.. Havn't assembled my rig jet.. Will be looking at it next week.. My G10 hopefully will arrive next week to. Totally impossible to order these in denmark..

@Faceman it was consistantly hitting 60 even after i changed things throughout our conversation.   right now (after upping the fan a little, and tightening it down a little) it is sitting at 55C (which i'm ok with... i just hate seeing that big 6 0). so as of right now, its fixed =))

@henrikfraannk  I'm really glad my thread has been of some help to you!! =D

haha! Sorry for stealing your thread! I have no friends..

@Faceman it was consistantly hitting 60 even after i changed things throughout our conversation.   right now (after upping the fan a little, and tightening it down a little) it is sitting at 55C (which i'm ok with... i just hate seeing that big 6 0). so as of right now, its fixed =))

55C is good and normal, and I bet it is a lot more quiet.

@Faceman its about the same, just like .5 louder because of the increased fan speed. but its completely manageable.

But thank you so much for your help with this entire thread!!!!