can i delete internet explorer

Cactu

i dont want it and would like space, can i delete the internet explorer folder in program 86 files directory

OS?

Asus M5A99X Evo  - AMD FX-8350 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz - Corsair 120mm Quiet Edition Fans BenQ XL2411Z- EVGA GTX 980 Superclocked Fractal Design Define R4 - Corsair H100i - 2 TB 7200rpm HDD - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB - Corsair RM750w PSU - Logitech G502 Proteus Core - Corsair K70 RGB MX Red - Audio Technica M50x + Modmic 4.0 - LG 23EA63V x2

Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat Spinthat

Not recommended at all. Plus it takes up like no space at all. 

Also, IE 11 is not a bad browser. Defender might have a seizure if you delete it. 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

It's not taking up much space at all, so I don't see why you want to do so.

Plus what happens if you need a legacy sort of thing?

|  Athlon 750K   |   EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW  |  Acer Aspire E15 - i5 6200u, 940M  |

|  Sennheiser HD 518   |   FiiO E10K DAC and Amp  |

Moto G (1st Gen)

keep it as a fallback bro.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

You can disable is so you never have to see it again, but I don't see why you'd want to. Sometimes its good to have a backup browser.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

No. A lot of programs (way more than you think) use the internet explorer snapin to display web content, so by deleting it you will break loads of programs. Instead, if you really feel the need to get rid of it, you can just disable Internet Explorer by opening "Turn Windows features on or off" (search for it in start) and unchecking Internet Explorer. There is no point though - all it does is removes the icon from your start menu, and who knows when you will for some reason need to use IE again.

HTTP/2 203

No. Turn it off in windows features.

^^ This is the best way. Though it probably still resides on your disk in some form. I don't see much point in getting rid of it, to be honest. Delete shortcuts to it and set something else as your primary browser and it's as gone as it really needs to be.

No. Turn it off in windows features.

Same hymn sheet.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"