Need help with Biology (again)

NeatSquidYT

First off, if you're not going to help, please kindly eff off. Thanks

I've already put that the first experiment's test tube will have a large volume of oxygen due to it photosynthesising, but what about the second one?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

post-96655-0-09166500-1428851605_thumb.p

The second one will still release some oxygen, but it won't be actively photosynthesizing?

I don't really get it either.

Sig under construction.

Uhh, i suppose there would be low oxygen (that came from thebatmosphere) because the plant would not photosynthesise

Intel i7 4702MQ| Nvidia GTX 850M| Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz| Acer VA70_HW (mobo)| 1TB WD Blue| MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ8E0|1600x900 display|Win 8.1

Intel i5 4690K @Stock| Sapphire 390 Nitro| Hyper X Fury 2x4GB| MSI SLI Krait z97| Noctua Nh-U12S | 850 EVO 256GB| 2TB WD Black | CM V 850w| Enthoo Luxe

If you want to tag me or any person with periods do: @[Member='Name]

What exactly about the second one do you need help with? Like which part of the set up.

What gas does it have in it and why?

whoever has written that should give better instructions, and he should stop using fonts like you are in kindergarden

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

The second one will simply not photosynthesis actively

9590|EK-Copper|Sabertooth 990FXR2.0|16GB RIPJAWS Z|Dual MSI Gaming 290|Corsiar AX1200i|Corsair 760T|3TB Seagate+Dual 120GB Samsung 850EVO in Raid 0

LTT'S Official Radeon Master Race Club Founder-Predicts TitanX2 (Prediction Date: 3-30-15)

XFX Needs To Make A 3 Fan Cooler 

As far as I know, it's carbon dioxide due to the plant respiring, but I could be very wrong :/ 

EDIT: according to other forum members, I fckd up

Specs: CPU: AMD FX 6300 Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A DS3P RAM: HyperX Fury 16GB 1866MHz GPU: MSI R9 270 OC edition Case: Sharkoon VS3-S SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HDD: 1TB Caviar Blue PSU: Corsair CX500W

*If I say something that seems offensive, please don't take it seriously, it was most likely meant as a joke/sarcastically*

you're trapping air from the room underneath the water, and sealing the plant inside the air bubble correct?

the light plant will perform photosynthesis and convert any CO2 in the air pocket to O2 and sugar. it will only release the O2.

the dark plant will not perform photosynthesis and barely convert any CO2 to O2. thus the air around the dark plant will be similar in atomic makeup and concentration as the initial air that way trapped in there.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

As far as I know, it's carbon dioxide due to the plant respiring, but I could be very wrong :/

Yeah it seems like anerobic respiration or whatever its called. so C6H12O6 → 2C2H5OH + 2C02   nope probably aerobic respiration.....

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

The plant that gets ligt underoes photosynthesis, the other can't. Photosynthessis produces oxygen and glucose.

What gas does it have in it and why?

What kind of gas is it releasing? CO2 due to it doing respiration. 

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

you are very wrong. plants do not respirate carbon dioxide.

the stoma of plants release oxygen.

humans and other animals perform cellular respiration, which releases carbon dioxide.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

My brain can't process text in comic sans.

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

From what I remember, plants also respire while producing energy through photosynthesis, so at night they still release some CO2 as a result of the work they did during the day. I could be wrong, but I would guess that the gasses in the "dark" environment are made up of a majority of CO2 (being produced as a result of the last time the plant was in the light).

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Yeah it seems like anerobic respiration or whatever its called. so C6H12O6 → 2C2H5OH + 2C0

actually, this is plauseable.

OP, here is the answer:

light plant on top, dark plant on bottom

photosynthesis-respiration.jpg

source:

http://tomatosphere.org/teachers/guide/grades-8-10/plants-and-light

actually, this is plauseable.

I think it's the other one, as it's a pond weed it most likely will get oxygen from the water so aerobic. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

The obvious answer is that there will be low O2, due to the plant taking up the gas from the water for use in respiration; and high CO2 due to aerobic release. However, the exact quantities would be hard to determine. The purpose of photosynthesis to to produce glucose, which is broken down to ATP via aerobic respiration and used to fuel the cell. A lack of photosynthesis (as seen in the second test tube) would result in a gradual decrease in aerobic respiration and an increase in anaerobic respiration...which will continue to produce CO2, but also ethanol. Thus, my specific answer would be CO2, and ethanol. The important point is that respiration continues, but photosynthesis does not.      

i5 4690K | Asus Ranger VII | 8GB HyperX Fury | Asus GTX 780 | NZXT H440 | Samsung 850 Evo | Seagate Barracuda | Corsair RM 750W | Corsair H105 

E3-1246 v3 | Asus Gryphon Z97 | 8GB HyperX Fury | MSI GTX 970 | Enthoo Evolv mATX | Samsung 840 Evo | WD Red | EVGA SuperNova GS 650W | NZXT Kracken x41 

no probs.

i'm going to go to sleep now. i'm starting to shitpost.

don't forget to like, rate, upvote, subscribe and share.

First off, if you're not going to help, please kindly eff off. Thanks

I've already put that the first experiment's test tube will have a large volume of oxygen due to it photosynthesising, but what about the second one?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Second one will have low O2 concentration and a higher CO2 concentration as it does not have any light to actively photosynthesize and produce O2.

Photosythesis is required to produce engery for cellular growth and repair, but without light the plant undergoes aerobic respiration, utilising the O2, in the conversion of glucose into pyruvate to ethanol and CO2.#

Check out BBC GCSE bitesize/chemwiki, has some awesome information :)

Gaming PC: Case: NZXT Phantom 820 Black | PSU: XFX 750w PRO Black Edition 80Plus Gold (Platinum) | CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K | CPU Cooler: BE QUIET! Dark Rock Pro 2 | MB: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 Mark S | RAM: 24GB Kingston HyperX and Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz | GPU: MSI R9 280X 3G | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB | HDD: 9TB Total | Keyboard: K70 RGB Brown | Mouse: R.A.T MMO7

Laptop: HP Envy 15-j151sa | 1920x1080 60HZ LED | APU: AMD A10-5750M 2.5GHZ - 3.5GHZ | 8GB DDR3 1600mhz | GPU: AMD  HD 8650G + 8750M Dual Graphics | 1TB SSHD