Processor

On my computer i would like to:

Edit (On Sony Vegas Pro 11 and maybe After Effects)

Render (At a decent speed)

Play Games without lag (Guild Wars, Lucius 2, Battlefield, etc.)

Be able to run more than one thing (For Example: Run Guild Wars, Teamspeak, and Overwolf without major lag and frame drop on my game)

I currently have a Core i7-4790K Processor but would my computer handle downgrading to a 4770K or should i stay with 4790K Haswell?

Why would you downgrade in the first place? 4790K is a great CPU

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

why would you want to downgrade to a 4770k?

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

Why would you want to swap one i7 for another? Where do you think you'll find any benefit from that?

Always trying to find reason.

Even if you would downgrade the 4770k and 4790k are pretty close performance wise.

i didnt buy it yet.. and im looking at making my build a little cheaper before buying anything

i didnt buy it yet.. and im looking at making my build a little cheaper before buying anything

Prepare for incoming Xeon chip suggestions.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

send us your build. we could find something else to skimp on. :P

The Rig: NZXT H440 M3 (Green and Black) (Ncase M1 coming soon!!) | Intel Core i5-4690k x BeQuiet PureRock Slim | EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC  | ASUS H81i Plus | 12GB EVGA SSC @ 1600MHz | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Sandisk Ultra II 480GB | Corsair SF 450| LG 29" Ultrawide | CoolerMaster Quickfire Rapid TKL | Corsair M65 Black Sennheiser HD 558 (MOD) | Audio-Technica ATR 2500

i recommend getting an NVIDIA Card, since cuda cores will really help you in rendering.

Intel Core i5 - 6400 <> Msi B150A Gaming Pro <> Msi Gtx 970 Gaming <> G.Skill Ripjaw 4 16Gb DDR4 2400mhz

<> Corsair CX500M <> 160 & 250 Seagate HDD <> Aerocool Strike X (Casing) <>

As much an AMD girl as I am, I will say Intel will benefit you in render time. Take a look at the motherboard. Are you paying more for features that don't actually benefit you? Are you getting enough(but not too much) power from your power supply?

Unapologetic AMD fangirl. Yes, I'm biased. Yes, I know sometimes nVidia and/or Intel is an equal or better option. Yes, I try to keep it in check.

I still like AMD more.

I think the best way to make your build a little cheaper before you buy is...

Get a smaller SSD. You can save $100 if you get a 250GB, other than that, your build looks solid man.

I mean, you could get a cheaper MOBO, but you will lose your MSI red and black theme. Which will look good.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

I think the best way to make your build a little cheaper before you buy is...

Get a smaller SSD. You can save $100 if you get a 250GB, other than that, your build looks solid man.

I mean, you could get a cheaper MOBO, but you will lose your MSI red and black theme. Which will look good.

im not really going for color im going for performance... would it effect my gameplay and editing if i downgrade? and what would i get?

im not really going for color im going for performance... would it effect my gameplay and editing if i downgrade? and what would i get?

Downgrading your SSD to a smaller size, saving you $100 will not cost your performance.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/samsung-internal-hard-drive-mz75e250bam

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Downgrading your MOBO will not effect performance if you get the right one. Here are some recommendations...

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xgaming3

This one is my favorite choice atm. It has optical audio, and is SLI compatible for possible future upgrades. also available with Amazon Prime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/msi-motherboard-z97sslikraitedition

This one doesnt have the optical audio, but is a TAD cheaper, it is also SLI compatible. also buyable from amazon prime

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/gigabyte-motherboard-gaz97xud3h

This one has potential to be cheaper if you buy from microcenter and do a mail in rebate. It has optical audio, and sli ready. cheapest if you do rebate.

So far these options should have saved you around $120-140.

I would say you could downgrade your CPU to a 4690k, but idk if the loss in rendering performance is worth it. As far as gaming though, the 4690k is plenty strong enough!

Maybe try looking up render times differences to see if you are ok with the difference, cause you could save another $100 if you downgraded to it.

Total you are looking at a possible $230 savings with some performance loss in rendering, but NO loss in gaming.

So like I said, maybe look up the difference in render times between the i7-4790k and the i5-4690k, cause if its worth it, its worth it you know?