msi 970A-G43 VRM overheating issue

Thelostone187
Go to solution Solved by RazerZ,

Or get a heatsink for them

Compared to the cooling of direct air, heatsinks won't help much. Maybe as an add on, but rather than spending more money I'd return it for a board that can be overclocked on decently.

Not overclocking the 6300 is a total waste imo. It won't help now with your GT 630, but in case you ever upgrade your graphics card to something signiccantly more powerful the difference in gaming performance can be very noticeable.

ok so i just set my build up and i have been reading about a vrm overheating problem, i was wondering how prevalent this problem is and if i should be worried ?  

AMD-FX6300 running temp - 31 c 

NVIDIA GEforce GT 630 running temp - 35-39 c 

Any information on this subject would be much appreciated 

I Scored 0% in 3D Mark :(

Well I think since your CPU is not a 6350 or 8xxx, the VRMS should be good.

And holy ballz that gpu is old, It makes the AMD FX look good....

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Oh i know but this was a total budget build and im runnig a light over clock at 3762 MHz 

and the gpu is alright its my monitors that suck !

im also in need of a cpu cooler so if someone could point me in the right direction that would be great 

Its pretty hit or miss.  At least you have an FX6, not 8.  I would not overclock.  I would also ghetto rig a fan to be blowing directly over the VRMs.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

Its pretty hit or miss.  At least you have an FX6, not 8.  I would not overclock.  I would also ghetto rig a fan to be blowing directly over the VRMs.

i just let the system overclock running factory settings it hasn't seemed to affect temp much there's a slight fluctuation in voltage but im also using a 750 watt power supply.

that being said the hottest part of my board is labeled as TMPINO0 at 52c is that the vrm ?

This or get a top-down style cooler. The VRMS will still get toasty under load.

This or get a top-down style cooler. The VRMS will still get toasty under load.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

you can get gpu vrm or ram sinks and stick them on with some kind of sticky thermal material, then make sure the have air flowing over them. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

Compared to the cooling of direct air, heatsinks won't help much. Maybe as an add on, but rather than spending more money I'd return it for a board that can be overclocked on decently.

Not overclocking the 6300 is a total waste imo. It won't help now with your GT 630, but in case you ever upgrade your graphics card to something signiccantly more powerful the difference in gaming performance can be very noticeable.

Yeah, I need to get a new mb too, I have the 970a-g43.

No oc, and custom loop

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

OK so I've been monitoring the heat and it doesn't seem to get outta control except for when i'm gaming the monitor says TMPIN0 54c so i'm not sure if this is the vrm module or if that is socket cpu temp i just ordered a cooler master 112 and two 120mm case fans installed inside the cover, so far i have to say ive had zero problems even running 3762 MHz i will post the hw monitor results if anyone is interested