You has been cheated your entire life about tacos.

61133162.jpg

Before you call me insane, read first.

HI, I'm MasterGeek.MX, and by that nickname and and tha data at the left, you surely noticed that I'm from Mexico.

As many of my countrymen, I love tacos. But when I was in the 'murica, and I'd wanted to go at Taco Bell for some homeland-remeber food, I'd encounter something different, awful and strange.

THIS:

0107-taco-bell_vg.jpg

And I was like:

P2vkwAS.gif

My northamerican hosts noticed my complain and they asked "dude, what's the problem?"

THE TACOS, THIS ISN'T TACOS!!!!!

And they was like:

yeah_sure_jon_hamm.gif

Fowards that moment, I started to realize that great part of northamerican fellows have a wrong idea of how tacos really are.

So that's the reason that pushes me to make this cheesy post.

THE REAL MEXICAN TACOS THAT I ATE SINCE FOREVER ARE THIS:

Tacopedia-enciclopedia-del-taco-1752224.

So, you will be like: "So, How mexican tacos really are?"

Let's begin at the first. A taco is something in a tortilla (BTW, in spanish a doube L makes a sound like the name of the letter G, not a long L, so it spells "torti-G-a")

Now, a tortilla is a disc made of corn flour. Not wheat flour. Is like the dough that doritos are made.

And it's made at the flat griddle, not baked or fried or other sort of coocking method.

So, i'ts meant to be soft, not crispy, and fresh-made (or at least reheated)

So, ther is not something like "taco shells" or something.

tortillas.jpeg

Usually are made in a local at the block called tortillería (literally tortilla store), made by a machine, selled them by weight. Usually this local sells also chips, hot sauces, and some typical mexican food in disposable boxes, like seasoned rice, nopales, etc.

Even they had a little salt shaker so if you are really hungry you can take one tortilla out of yout package, put some NaCl on it and bon appetit!

Negocio%20Tortilleria%20Verduzco.jpg

They also sold it in supermarkets, either made there or in bags from a company's factory. But never frozen (let it goooooooooo...)

DSCN3138.jpg.jpg

But the most delicious ones are the hand-made, by some old woman in the traditional griddle (the "comal") heated by some logs.

01h-MujerComal-zpt.jpg

So, enough about tortillas Let's go to the real mojo of the thing.

What you can put in a taco? EVERYTHING! even another tortilla (tacoception). So, while you having a meal, grab some of the plate, put it on a tortilla, bend it for holding the stuff, and you have a taco!

But the usual partner of a tortilla that makes the taco is meat. What meat, you ask? EVERY MEAT YOU WANT!

But in the tacos restorants, taco-places and street post, there are some "familys" of usual tacos with their own contents and caracteristics.

The usual tacos are from coocked meats: steak, chiken breast, porkchop, etc. This local have some interesting type of meats, like "suadero", that is steamed steak, "pastor": porkchops seasoned with orange stuff, and it's cooked in a vertical grill called "trompo" (spinning top), very similar to the greek gyros or the mid-eastern shawarma:

Trompo%20de%20Pastor.jpg

(these are my favorites BTW)

Chorizo, that mainly consist in a type of sausage. Even some locals sell tacos of -brace yourselfs- cow's bran, tongue, eyes, uterus, guts, even bull's dick. Yes, BULL DICK!

These kind of tacos can have diced onion and coriander, salt, lemon, guacamole, and hot sauces.

The diced vegetables are added in the kitchen by customer's choice, but the other toppings are in the table and you can put it at pleasure. Just want to notice that pastor tacos often came with a little slice of pinapple.

Often (and sometimes is kinda-like an obsession), they offer you the tacos with cheese. But not the cheese that you find on a hamburguer. Is a white, fresh cheese from here. And they grill the cheese with the meat for melting it, in order to merege it with the meat.

Thee locals ofen sell also other food like gringas (called by you nickname, with is meat with cheese like mentioned above, but between two wheat tortillas), tortas (kinda like sadwiches with bun-type bread caled telera), etc.

Taqueria.jpg

The other family of tacos are the "guisado" tacos (lit. tacos of dishes)

In simple terms: tacos of typical main dishes like seasoned rice, nopales, meat with pepper, boiled egg, chorizo with popato, chiken in mole sauce, beans, etc. Personally I don't like much this kind of tacos.

Usually go with lemon, salt and hot sauces, the diced vegetables are not usual on this ones.

tacos-guisado4-ok.jpg

The Basket tacos. (tacos de canasta. I like to translate literally as possible) These are different from the other because this are sold alredy made, instead of the mayorit of tacos being prepared at the moment. This are more greasy tacos, and as the name suggests, they are sold in a basket filled with it, in order to keep it warm and fresh. Because the quantity of tacos in the basket, they often get really flatty and squeezed. Very common in parties, they consist in mainly 3 types: cooked potato, beans and "adobo" (a type of food dressing)

1271391742_88151841_1-Deliciosos-tacos-d

Usually go with hot sauces. no more. And they usually found in streets outside offices and workspaces in the back of a bycicle.

deme-tres-de-chicharron-foto-cuartoscuro

Now came the tacos dorados (fried tacos, but golden tacos if translated literally cuz here something fried is refered as golden by the color it takes)

Also called flautas (flutes), these kind of tacos are mostly of chicken or potato. The special part is that their are rolled in a tube-shape (that's why the flute name), and then deeply fried in oil.

These tacos are dressed with very diced lettuce, green hot sauce, some shredded white cheese and sour cream. This is the only type of taco that cames with sour cream.

receta-aves-tacos-dorados-pollo-613x342.

This are usual of local markets or street stands.

Also in the beach and coasts are the fish and seafood tacos. Shrimp, marlin fish, clam, etc.

maxresdefault.jpg

There's even exotic types of tacos, like the ones that replace torilla with lettuce (often filled with vegetarian or vegan foods in very hipster places)

Tacos-de-lechuga-con-pollo-2.jpg

And, if you wanna get into the taco world for your own, grab a note pad, cuz i'm gonna give you the recipe:

The tortilla's dough is very simple: water, very fine corn flour and a pinch of salt. No butter, no oil, no sugar, juts that 3 things.

the amount of water-corn must be enough for making a consitant dough similar to bread one. Not too dry so it crkacles, not too wet so it moist all the place. Experiment with little bits until you find your ideal balance and go on. BTW, the dough is a bit sticky, so cover the surfaces of work with plastic sheets and moist your hands

Add the pinch of salt and mix, then grab a ball, and manage to queeze it into a disc. How? Use your imagination!.

then, in a very hot frying pan WITHOUT OIL OR BUTTER put with careful the disc. Very carefull cuz they're very fragile until is cooked.

When the border seems more solid, flip it! This is like making pancakes.

When the first is done put it in a coocking pot big enough for fitting in, and put the cover for keeping em' fresh.

Now you can explore the world of the real taco, with your taste as your only pathmarker.

#PCMasterRace #LinuxMasterRace

Don't mix being popular and common becasue ot being the best, and being common and popular because it was the first thing the people saw.

#Linusfoodtips

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

#Linusfoodtips

#whatisthis

Too much taco for me today :)

I don't remember subscribing to daily useless food information. :P

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Taco Bell is starting a delivery service.

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Wow.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque euismod suscipit est, non placerat turpis vestibulum sed. Phasellus et faucibus odio. Donec a nisi at purus porttitor ullamcorper auctor a nibh. Integer id neque a nisi laoreet ultrices id ac augue. Nulla facilisi. Nullam purus elit, dictum quis euismod vitae, mollis non dui. Morbi vehicula neque eu mattis bibendum. Curabitur sed odio tortor. Sed euismod mi in diam volutpat, vitae convallis ipsum mattis. Praesent eleifend faucibus pulvinar. Interdum et malesuada fames ac ante ipsum primis in faucibus. Vestibulum velit nunc, fermentum a libero a, venenatis tempus lectus.

@MasterGeekMX

This is the same for any countries food in other countries, for example. a Chinese takeaway, the food is barely anything like what you get in a real Chinese restaurant, often food is adapted to suit the pallet of the country that food is being distributed in, Same as Indian food, the currys and food in India are SO different to what we get at takeaways and supermarkets I mean most of the food you get from other countries is basically made up to suit the country its being sold to.

Also I have seen soft taco cases here in the UK as well as crunchy ones.. so ..yeah, also doesnt stop them being tasty

Great thread though :), hungry now,.... thanks I am meant to be fasting today :D

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

We all know that? Lol? 

Duh.

They are "American" Tacos. A different food, good for different reasons. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I was expecting a really lazy shitpost, but this was quite detailed xD

I didn't read it because I am lazy, but gg

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

you really should, right after you see the pic of the guys cutting the delicious looking meat it gets good. still would eat it if it looked like that.

All this article did was make me hungry. and I learned a bit about authentic tacos.

10/10 would get hungry again

You read this in about 5 minutes and you get hungy

Now imagine me writing this for an hour. Hera ar 3:45 AM and I have goregeous needs of some pastor tacos with lots of coriander.

#qualityposting

Dat Miku in avatar.

the bad part is that can't be put in tl;dr mode.

Don't mix being popular and common becasue ot being the best, and being common and popular because it was the first thing the people saw.

I used to have a Mexican friend. His mom cooked me some 'real tacos'. I must admit, I like the fake tacos better.

...Am I a bad person?  :(

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

#Linusfoodtips

LOL

I used to have a Mexican friend. His mom cooked me some 'real tacos'. I must admit, I like the fake tacos better.

...Am I a bad person? :(

Yes

(?)

@MasterGeekMX

This is the same for any countries food in other countries, for example. a Chinese takeaway, the food is barely anything like what you get in a real Chinese restaurant, often food is adapted to suit the pallet of the country that food is being distributed in, Same as Indian food, the currys and food in India are SO different to what we get at takeaways and supermarkets I mean most of the food you get from other countries is basically made up to suit the country its being sold to.

Also I have seen soft taco cases here in the UK as well as crunchy ones.. so ..yeah, also doesnt stop them being tasty

Great thread though :), hungry now,.... thanks I am meant to be fasting today :D

The problem is that many peope think that his country-version is the real original version.

The problem is that many peope think that his country-version is the real original version.

That is the US you are talking about... the least culturally aware country I have ever known, where most people have no idea that other countries exist, dont have passports or travel outside of their own country.. or well know anything about the rest of the world

(not everybody in the US, I am being overly general here.. but from travelling to the US and experiencing it first hand.. its totally true, I mean on the first day a lady literally said to me "Oh you are English, is that in Australia" i mean.. what the fuck)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Skimmed through this because I already knew but yeah it's fun telling this to people. :lol:

@MasterGeekMX

Curry from Pakistan omfg I'm not man enough for that shit.

Huh, here in Norway the taco shells are more than often crumbled and put inside the tortillas for a crunchy taste. I always thought stuff like Taco Bell served mainly tortillas.

Personally I take two tortilla portions then a taco shell to finish.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

I don't know what people you guys are hanging out with, but my friends all know Taco Bell's not authentic food. I don't really care about authenticity though, I just want to eat what tastes better to me.

In Placebo We Trust - Resident Obnoxious Objective Fangirl (R.O.O.F) - Your Eyes Cannot Hear
Haswell Overclocking Guide | Skylake Overclocking GuideCan my amp power my headphones?

Goddamn, OP-- now I'm hungry for tacos. 

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

So you're telling me that Here in Sweden we have more Real tacos than in The US even though we live in the most northen and coldest part of europe..

'Murica!

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

To be fair Shadow Cap here has a point: we do the exact same shit we have Italian restaurants here that are starting to serve some dishes with hot sauce, not very italian if you ask me.

Also I remember going abroad to Argentina and a friend asking for hot sauce while on a traditional Argentinian Pizza place, he literally caused a discussion among our hosts some of them saying "No! But you CANT put hot sauce on Pizza that's just wrong!" and others saying "Leave him alone, if he wants hot sauce he should get what he wants what do you care!?" and such so yeah he literally caused an international incident that one time.

-------

Current Rig

-------