Can you type with 10 fingers?

Cacao

I get like 80-100 wpm sometimes more, and I use like 4-6 fingers I believe, I only use my pinkies for a few of the keys

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

i mainlky type with my left hand probably 80% left hand. its weird but i still can type fast my left hand types all the way to Y/H/B sooo i dont count in this poll

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

• 2 weeks later...

guys i use to type with 2 fingers. and 1 day i came across this poll and i saw how many people are typing with 10 fingers and it motivated me to change my vote. so i set on a two week course on my own on this website http://www.typingweb.com

and after two weeks i started to get use to it and now im typing with all my fingers and it feels great. so if there's anyone out there that's typing with just ten fingers i strongly urge you to start typing with all your fingers.

thanks

guys i use to type with 2 fingers. and 1 day i came across this poll and i saw how many people are typing with 10 fingers and it motivated me to change my vote. so i set on a two week course on my own on this website http://www.typingweb.com

and after two weeks i started to get use to it and now im typing with all my fingers and it feels great. so if there's anyone out there that's typing with just ten fingers i strongly urge you to start typing with all your fingers.

thanks

Thanks, I'll definitely give this course a try.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I type with 10 without looking at all. My mother made me learn typing in home school for 7th grade. It was annoying, but I loved it. I could do a month's worth of work in a day.

I now type at 85+WPM with about 1-3 error (really 7-9, but I fix them as I go and still get 85+WPM). That was with a membrane. I need to test it with my Mechanical and see if I've improved. 

:P

Nice man! You would be super duper fast with a mechanical :P. Especially with blue switches?

thanks

JUST ten fingures? Just how many fingers do you have? lol

No. XD I never looked back at the real world, the graphics are nice but the gameplay is horrible.

Graphics are terrible actrually. Bad textures, the sun is fugly and the water isn't realistic and it looks like crap

I use 8 Fingers I don't use the right pinky and I don't use my left thumb, because there is no need for it.

RTX2070OC 

no, i use 8 fingers/thumbs, i don't use my pinkies.

I really only do for shift ect.

I realized i never use my pinky to type unless the key is in the far outskirts of the keyboard. I can average about 90-100WPM. I ussed to play LOTS of MMO's where we just chilled and talk all day through typing.

I type with 8 fingers and 2 thumbs.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Its actually funny.  I can type very fast and the only reason i type so fast is because i played games online, crysis specifically.  In order to communicate with people, i had to stop and type.  I had to learn how to type quickly in order to keep myself from getting killed.

Corsair Obsidian 800D | Msi GD-80 z68 | Intel Core i72600k (stock speeds at the moment) | Msi Gtx 570 twin frozr III | 8GB Corsair Dominator @1600mHz | Coolermaster evo 212 temporary) | Cooled by Gelid Wings | Intel SRT smart caching | Windows 7 ultimate x64

Yes I do. I learned it when I was 10-11.

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

No matter how hard I try, I'm physically incapable of typing with 10 fingers quickly. I normally use just 2 to 6 fingers, and while typing more quickly (still veeery slowly), it's mainly just 2 fingers.

Its actually funny.  I can type very fast and the only reason i type so fast is because i played games online, crysis specifically.  In order to communicate with people, i had to stop and type.  I had to learn how to type quickly in order to keep myself from getting killed.

I also learned to type faster just because of online games. Still though, I'm really slow at typing.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Well I kind of type with all 10 fingers but just not in the "proper" pattern and I pretty much only use my pinkies for pressing the shifts. Until I get a better keyboard at a better height I just can't get too motivated about learning proper touch typing.

Bitfenix Shinobi Window, ASUS P8Z77-V PRO, Intel i5 3570k Cooled by Noctua NH-U12S, msi GTX 660 (non-ti) 2GB, Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz 8GBCorsair CX600, Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB, ASUS Xonar DGX, Windows 7 Home Premium, 1995 IBM Model M2 (buckling springs), SteelSeries Sensei RAW, Sennheiser HD 518, A 22" 1680x1050 LG TV, Samsung S27D390H 27" PLS HD Monitor, Crucial MX-100 256GB SSD, RGB Case LEDs from IKEA(no kidding)

mostly two but sometimes i go up to four but thats the max its way to hard to learn to type with more fingers and i cant be bothered anymore anyways.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I use all 10, but my pinkies are used only for shift, ctrl, caps, and macros. Thumbs are for space, alt, and fn. Index through ring finger are for the remaining keys.

Intel i5 4670K 3.4GHz | EVGA 780Ti Classified | ASUS Gryphon Z87 w/ Armor Kit | G.Skill Sniper 8GB @1866MHz

Samsung 840 Evo 500GB | Seagate Barracuda 3TB | Kingwin Lazer 850W Bronze PSU | Corsair 350D Window

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate BF3 Edition | Razer Naga Molten

I just type, but I don't think all my 10 fingers are used.

i5 4670k - MSI GTX 770 gaming - Fractal design define R4 (windowed) - MSI Z87-G45 gaming - be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 2 - Corsair vengeance 8 gb (lp) - WB black 1tb - 256GB SSD - Corsair TX 750M - Ducky Shine 3

I use 9 fingers:

my two thumbs on space, my left pinky on shift (I never use the right one) and ring, middle and index finger do the main typing.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Yes I do use 10 fingers however, the thumbs are used for the spacebar.. which is normal i guess.. ;)

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

I'm incredibly inconsistent with my typing.

I could write the same sentence 5 times and use a different combination of fingers for each one.

I still type pretty fast though. So I don't mind.

My speed has dropped since I started using voice comms for my games instead of relying on typing.

There are books you can buy and they teach you pretty simply. You start by typing the middle row and then go to more advanced techniques. It is pretty easy once you get used to it. The more you do it the faster you get. I used to type with two fingers and then I took a class in eighth grade.  

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

Finally created account after lurking for months just because of this thread.

Grew up playing Counter-Strike, probably use pc just to play CS back in the days, my ring finger is always at A.  :) I studied how to use the proper form because of fucking boring job, just to kill time, now I can type using 9 fingers. I do not use my 1 of thumbs, just one thumb for space, and always the left one. I answered NO on poll. I recommend getting chrome and download "Typing Club" extension. Then form time to time go to typeracer.com, for fun.

Pardon my English. Not my native language.

Intel Celeron G1820 Haswell | ASRock B85M-ITX | Transcend 1GB DDR3-1333 | HEC Cougar SL 500W 80+ | Lian Li PC-Q03B ITX | SanDisk Extreme USB 3.0 16GB | OpenElec-XBMC

I don't use my right thumb and right pinky.

Therefore, no. Speed is roughly around 140wpm