Advise on upgrade, macbook pro 13 2010 from a web developer prospective

Hi folks

I got a Macbook pro free from one of my friend, it is a 13" 2010 2.4Gh Core 2 due.

I need to upgrade the following three hardware in it

1. Battery
  2. upgrade to SSD (250GB)
  3. ram to 8 GB

my question is I never had any Macbook pro but used a few

I need that Macbook for my web development only ... i mean to learn the following technologies only

• Node.js,
  • AngularJS,
  • Ruby on Rails,
  • PHP,
  • Apache
  • MySQL,
  • SAAS development and other web technologies such as jQuery and css and javascript

I would also use terminal and chrome browser and an IDE such as sublime text or xcode for development.

I would open multiple chrome tabs an IDE, running mamp, node and rails server at same time.

Would that macbook pro be good enough to handle that and I should upgrade the system 

I would like to have an advise from experience community

Regards

Sharif

I believe @Syntaxvgm would be able to help here.

The engine roars but then it gives, but never dies

We don't live we just survive

On the scraps that you throw awaaaaaay

While I do love myself a nice macbook

That thing is old, however they can sell for a decent amount sometimes if in good condition, might be worth selling it for as much as possible and buying sometihng newer

That said it should handle basic tasks just fine, and an SSD and RAM upgrade could keep it running ok

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Id actually second the "sell it and buy better" statement.

Even if you only want to do web design. You will run into some code testing that will take FOREVER on that macbook. Like hours. Seriously.

If you only want to learn how to use this stuff and never get into testing / real coding it would not matter tho. But testing advanced webpages (i expect advanced ones due to the stuff you want to learn) will usually provide functionality that needs testing. You don't want to wait an hour for tests to complete everytime you change something.

thank you everyone for the feedback.

I wonder how would I sell this,

who would buy this?

where should I sell ebay amazon?

never sold anything on those retailers yet.

Regards

thank you everyone for the feedback.

I wonder how would I sell this,

who would buy this?

where should I sell ebay amazon?

never sold anything on those retailers yet.

Regards

There are dozens and dozens of companys that buy stuff directly. You may get 50bucks less then private selling, but you get it fast, save and without any hassle.

Just google that service for your region. I usually google for "sell iPhone best price". You will find a few comparison pages,... then go to a few of the better results and give them the info they want.

Apple products have a HUGE resell value. For example i am buying a new iPhone every year and after selling my old iPhone i only spend 100 bucks. That is FAR cheaper then getting a contract with "free" phones every second year AND i get a new phone anually.

Sold my old MacBook Air, bought a new one and was only 200 bucks short.

So yeah. Pretty solid deal actually.

For your case id recomment selling the MacBook and build a normal PC tho. You might even get enough to have left over money, or plug in some of the fancy stuffs.