Insanely confused and worried.

SolidDice

So I bought this mini-laptop, I was kinda surprised that it came with a free windows 7 CD.

I'm quite confused whether it works or not, it looks gray and white, it says it comes with Support pack and other stuff.

Is it compatible to use it for my new PC that is coming soon or it'll mess up things?
I really don't want to buy a windows CD if I already have one and not quite sure if it works or not.

does it work doe?

there's any disadvantages to install that on a PC?

So I bought this mini-laptop, I was kinda surprised that it came with a free windows 7 CD.

I'm quite confused whether it works or not, it looks gray and white, it says it comes with Support pack and other stuff.

Is it compatible to use it for my new PC that is coming soon or it'll mess up things?

I really don't want to buy a windows CD if I already have one and not quite sure if it works or not.

does it work doe?

there's any disadvantages to install that on a PC?

U can install it, but if u've registered the key on your laptop, u'll need to buy a new license key.

it should work, do you have a product key to go with it?

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

U can install it, but if u've registered the key on your laptop, u'll need to buy a new license key.

pretty sure that I didn't

since i bought that laptop and never used it again, lmfao.

it should work, do you have a product key to go with it?

yes I have the product key. dw

in the end, does it mess up with the windows installation since i'm using a windows CD that I found while unboxing my old laptop?

I suggest you move your installation of windows onto your new PC if possible. This saves the trouble of messing about with authentication. If you can, take your current drive out of your Mini PC and put it into your new PC. Then just copy the data onto the new drive or just use the old drive to boot, whatever you want. To copy it, I suggest a live linux rescue CD. They usually have this functionality on them, or if you have a third computer that you can plug both drives into (And has windows) A tool like Macrium Reflect can be useful.

yes I have the product key. dw

dw?

anyway, yeah it should work fine, install win7 on your new computer and put the product key in. even if the product key was used on the laptop it will still work.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

in the end, does it mess up with the windows installation since i'm using a windows CD that I found while unboxing my old laptop?

I am not sure if you can use the key again. If there is a way to de-register your laptop, maybe, but that key on the bottom is in use by your laptop most likely.

\\

dw?

anyway, yeah it should work fine, install win7 on your new computer and put the product key in. even if the product key was used on the laptop it will still work.

dw = dont worry.

lol.

does it tho?
that literally saved my 90$, fucking thanks!

dw?

I tried this, doesn't work this way. One mobo - one key.

I am not sure if you can use the key again. If there is a way to de-register your laptop, maybe, but that key on the bottom is in use by your laptop most likely.

I've tried on my old laptop to use  an old product key that I found and was already used on that particular laptop, and it worked.

I think it is going to serve what's it supposed to serve, I suppose.

there isnt a way to de-register. you just have to stop using it.

\\

dw = dont worry.

lol.

does it tho?

no problem.

I tried this, doesn't work this way. One mobo - one key.

it doesnt work with win8. it DOES work with win7. i have done this dozens of times.

\\

dw = dont worry.

lol.

does it tho?

Well if it doesn't you can try what I suggested.

there isnt a way to de-register. you just have to stop using it.

no problem.

it doesnt work with win8. it DOES work with win7. i have done this dozens of times.

Yeah, it's windows 7, which makes me also more convinced to do that. kappa

Well if it doesn't you can try what I suggested.

Will do if so!

I've tried on my old laptop to use  an old product key that I found and was already used on that particular laptop, and it worked.

I think it is going to serve what's it supposed to serve, I suppose.

worst case senerio it asks you to authenticate with Microsoft, you can call an automated line and it will as you how many computers that key is on, SAY ONE.

then they will give you a long long long ass code to put in and it will work perfect from then on.

worst case senerio it asks you to authenticate with Microsoft, you can call an automated line and it will as you how many computers that key is on, SAY ONE.

then they will give you a long long long ass code to put in and it will work perfect from then on.

So if they asked so, and said the shit, I'll just say ONE?

I'm going to post a picture of the CD incase you're not familiar of it.

BRB!

I'm going to post a picture of the CD incase you're not familiar of it.

BRB!

looks like this?

http://www.watzastore.com/catalog/images/win7hp_refurb.jpg?osCsid=etduufrjgt

Yep!

it'll work.

if it isn't scratched to hell.

it'll work.

if it isn't scratched to hell.

it's clean and not scratched at all.

it's clean and not scratched at all.

do et