MS Office language pack causes severe system crashes? Help please!

Giganizer300PRO
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

Did you use a registry cleaner at any point in time, or did you get a virus/malware at some point with the same Windows install? That might explain the problem, despite having everything working fine after.

Your system was definitely before all of this. What you have done simply pop-ed it up in front of you.

Here is something you can try (complete clean of Office, all settings and configurations will be lost):

-> Uninstall Office with this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971179/

-> Once done, restart your system, and check Program & Features, and make sure everything from Office is gone.

-> Go on the install location of Office, ad make sure everything is gone.

-> Empty your Temp directory (C:\Users\<Account Name>\AppData\Local\Temp -- note: AppData is a hidden holder)

-> Go to the registry with regedit, and go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\Microsoft, and delete the folder (key): Office, and Office Labs (if you don't see it, good. It means the uninstaller took care of it)

-> Now go to, again in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft, and delete the folder (key) called: Office (if you don't see it, good. It means the uninstaller took care of it)

-> Now, you can close Regedit, and now navigate to: C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft, and delete the folder Office, and Office Labs

-> Go to: C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft, and delete the folder Office.

Now restart your system, and install Office back.

I had downloaded a copy of MS Office 2010 on my PC.

I then downloaded a language pack from MS website. I ran it and it popped up and error saying no Office was detected.

This all happened about a month or so ago.

Today, when I tried to run PP, it started configuring Office and then it restarted. After the restart, it restarted again and again sometimes popping up error messages.

After numerous attempts to fix this, I tried to do a system restore. When the system restore finished, it popped up a message about it not being able to complete or something, but files were obviously altered, as when I tried to open PP it all happened again from the beginning.

Office doesn't want to uninstall, it pops up an error saying the language pack is not compatible with the system or something. Same happens when I try to run Word, while before I ran PP, I was able to use Word and Excel just fine, I didn't use anything else.

I'm running Win7 64-bit, specs IN MY SIGNATURE!

How do I get rid of Office / fix this problem?

Thanks so much for your responses it means a lot to me.

Did you use a registry cleaner at any point in time, or did you get a virus/malware at some point with the same Windows install? That might explain the problem, despite having everything working fine after.

Your system was definitely before all of this. What you have done simply pop-ed it up in front of you.

Here is something you can try (complete clean of Office, all settings and configurations will be lost):

-> Once done, restart your system, and check Program & Features, and make sure everything from Office is gone.

-> Empty your Temp directory (C:\Users\<Account Name>\AppData\Local\Temp -- note: AppData is a hidden holder)

-> Go to the registry with regedit, and go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USERS\Software\Microsoft, and delete the folder (key): Office, and Office Labs (if you don't see it, good. It means the uninstaller took care of it)

-> Now go to, again in the registry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft, and delete the folder (key) called: Office (if you don't see it, good. It means the uninstaller took care of it)

-> Now, you can close Regedit, and now navigate to: C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Local\Microsoft, and delete the folder Office, and Office Labs

-> Go to: C:\Users\<ACCOUNT NAME>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft, and delete the folder Office.

Thank you so much, it worked 100%.

Thank you thank you thank you :D