*The Joker* Build Log

Tripnator

Hey Guys, 

I jumped the gun with some of the photos and that but here ill post my updates on my new build 'The Joker' As a fan of the old Batman cartoon and having alot of spare computer parts i decided to start a build with the purple and green theme.

The parts I have so far are:

***UPDATED***

Corsair Carbide 240 case - Was White (see below)

Intel i7 4790k

Raijintek Triton AIO Water Cooling - Going to use green dye.

Asus - GRYPHON_Z97

Corsair 860AXI

Corsiar Dominator Platinum 2x8gb 2333Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming

Sandisk Extreme II 256gb SSD - Boot

Trascend 256GB SSD - Steam Games

Hynix 256gb SSD - Origin + Steam Games and Mods

Western Digital Green 6TB - Videos

Western Digital Green 4TB - Music

Western Digital Green 4TB - Backups

Corsair Green LED fans

One Limited edition Pop Joker from the December Loot Crate.

I would like everyone to give me there ideas one what parts to buy what colour to spray things and so on so please leave comments below. 

Step One: I took apart the case and took it outside to get ready for spray painting:

Before the Paint

Step 2: Paint the parts as best i can (not very well) They are currently drying in the garage so ill post pictures once the case is together. 

After 2 lots of spray paint

Please leave feedback below.

Need to see how this ends! Gonna look awesome. Followed  ;)

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

Dude post more pics,would love to see a joker themed build

only just started bro need help with cable choice and so on :)

What psu do you have?

none yet waiting to see what sleeving would be best. 

none yet waiting to see what sleeving would be best. 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-025-CM&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2805

This would be PERFECT.

You can get them for certain EVGA power supplies too.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-035-CM&groupid=701&catid=123&subcat=2805

boom cables sorted! cheers mate

No problem.

Remember and buy the correct PSU though.

This build you are doing will be amazing.

No problem.

Remember and buy the correct PSU though.

This build you are doing will be amazing.

ordered those cables seen as they were on offer just waiting for a corsair rm power supply to be cheap enough on ebay now. 

ordered those cables seen as they were on offer just waiting for a corsair rm power supply to be cheap enough on ebay now. 

Although everyone says that these RM PSUs are low quality, the guy i bought it off said that he had been using it for over a year with no trouble. I've been using it for just over a month now and it is such an improvement from my old power supply! It's extremely quiet - the fan hasn't turned itself on once! Definitely recommend it

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  

Holy following batman!

Intel 5820K ¬ ASUS x99 Deluxe ¬ HyperX Predator 3000Mhz 16gb ¬ Gigabyte Titan X ¬ SuperFlow Leadex 850W ¬ Crucial Mx100 512Gb x2 RAID 0 ¬ NZXT H440 + HUE + X61 ¬ ASUS ROG Swift

Was very busy today but i do have a small update for you:

The fans arrived this morning (got to love amazon prime)

Corsair GreenLED Fans

I went to the garage to see if the paint was dry and it was :)

Drying the parts out.

The painting isnt totally finished but i had to see what the case looked like to I put it together and i think it looks great!

Painted 1

Painted Side

I would love it if someone could help me out with a water cooling loop as ive never done one before so am totally in the dark?

thanks for looking!

So Today the cablemod cables have arrived and i ordered a Raijintek Triton AIO Water Cooling for the cpu so that can have green dye in the liquid. Also ordered some green sata cables and some other bits to tidy the cables up once they are installed. 

Casemod Cables - Green

Oh god this is amazing!

Subbed

CPU: Intel i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig H5 Motherboard: ASrock Z97 Extreme4  RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu Black Series 8GB GPU: Powercolor R9 390 PCS+

Case Fans: 3X Phobya NB-Eloop 120mm in front + 1X Noiseblocker BlackSilentPRO 140mm, rear HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB  PSU: Corsair CX600M  Case: Corsair Air 540 ODD: LG Supermulti (Yeah whatever)  Monitors: LG25UM55-P, LG 22EN43

So Today the cablemod cables have arrived and i ordered a Raijintek Triton AIO Water Cooling for the cpu so that can have green dye in the liquid. Also ordered some green sata cables and some other bits to tidy the cables up once they are installed. 

You should see if you can get a quote from a company to laser etch the joker onto one of the side panels :P

My rig: 

You should see if you can get a quote from a company to laser etch the joker onto one of the side panels :P

I have access to one but im totally useless at anything cad .... I want just going to decal instead. 

I have access to one but im totally useless at anything cad .... I want just going to decal instead. 

You can get sticker/decals of the Joker on places like RedBubble

You can get sticker/decals of the Joker on places like RedBubble

will check that out thanks. Does anyone have any ideas on how i can make the power and reset buttons abit more custom. 

• 3 months later...

So guys I know its been a while but the pc parts that I was going to use for this build ended up going to a friend who couldnt afford a pc and wanted to play GTA V. But I have good news! I have all new pc parts and water cooling stuff on the way and its so top notch stuff! Cant wait to get the joker build up and running! 

Thanks

Trip

• 3 weeks later...

Okay so the new parts list is the following:

MSI Kraite x99a Motherboard

Intel 5960x 

16GB 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz Ram

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Black Case

Nvidia 980ti Reference Card

850 Corsair AXI Power Supply

3x Various 240gb ssd

1x 1tb western digital 2.5 drive

Ek Coolstream PE 360mm Rad

Ek Coolstream PE 240mm Rad (Replaced as it was leaking :( )

XSPC 240mm Rad

Ek g 1/4 fittings Black

EK Xres 240 Res Pump Combo

Clear Tubing

Mayhems Rasberry Purple Pastel Fluid 

Mayhems Purple Dye

Ek titan X waterbock and backplate

Ek Cpu block

Cablemod Green Corsair cables

1x Joker Pop Figure

Need to purchase:

LED's for the case

Need to spray:

All the outer rings of the corsair fans

All the PCI dust filters 

Some of the work has been carried out to test pictures to follow.

Thanks 

Trip

Hey maybe you could get some ideas for case finishes from this guy, its a great mod:

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=288701

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

Was wondering what happened to this...

My rig: