PSP? Are they still fun?

Laurysss

Sould i get one? They are cheap now.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

If you like the games available for the psp or if you have games for the psp then yes. Otherwise, I don't see why you would want one. Also keep in mind that PSP emulators are available for computers and android phones.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Sould i get one? They are cheap now.

I'm gonna say yes, because I am tempted to get one too.

Just keep in mind you get a new one preferably and not a 2nd hand one, because the UMD reading stuff in the PSP could break.

With a 2nd hand you're just shit outta luck. 

By the way, the games really are dirt cheap now :P I would love to have GTA and FF I think. Maybe some Ratchet and Clank too.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I guess buy one if you really want it. I would then jailbreak it, to play tons of cool emulators and games on it.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I'm gonna say yes, because I am tempted to get one too.

Just keep in mind you get a new one preferably and not a 2nd hand one, because the VMU reading stuff in the PSP could break.

With a 2nd hand you're just shit outta luck. 

By the way, the games really are dirt cheap now :P I would love to have GTA and FF I think. Maybe some Ratchet and Clank too.

What do you mean a 2nd hand one?

And what model are you buying?

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Be prepared for the horrid screen

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

I guess buy one if you really want it. I would then jailbreak it, to play tons of cool emulators and games on it.

Wait.. you can run emu's on psp? Can you run windows?

NAZIS WILL RISE.

What do you mean a 2nd hand one?

And what model are you buying?

With 2nd hand I mean used.

If I were to get one (not really planning on doing it.. But might when I see a great deal on a system) it would probably be a PSP 2000 or 3000. Just depending on price.

Those are the big ones that still play the physical games. The PSP Go only does digital games, but I believe Sony shut down the service for the PSP

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Be prepared for the horrid screen

damn 480 x 272...

NAZIS WILL RISE.

That was one of the reasons I was planning on getting one too, it runs emulators like a champ ^^

I like my PSP, but don't get Battlefront 2 for it. It's terrible. But "Secret Agent Clank" and the other Ratchet and Clank are a nice grab.

Yeah, right guys? Guys?

you have to jail break it first in order to do so...

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

you have to jail break it first in order to do so...

For what is that ... ? Buying games on a psp? Nah

NAZIS WILL RISE.

With 2nd hand I mean used.

If I were to get one (not really planning on doing it.. But might when I see a great deal on a system) it would probably be a PSP 2000 or 3000. Just depending on price.

Those are the big ones that still play the physical games. The PSP Go only does digital games, but I believe Sony shut down the service for the PSP

What are these VMU'S? I am not buying games.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

What are these VMU'S? I am not buying games.

UMD are the game cartridges for the PSP.

What will you do with the PSP if you are not buying games?? Or you pirating/emulating? ;)

VMU are the game cartridges for the PSP.

What will you do with the PSP if you are not buying games?? Or you pirating/emulating? ;)

Lets say I like sailing

NAZIS WILL RISE.

i had my psp-god of war bricked in 2012..sony repair just ignored my request to get that repaired..anyway..

i missed having to play on my psp, and I just learned of the emulator and downloaded it immediately.

the graphics isn't that great, perhaps I just haven't found the correct settings if I can still tweak on that..

i will find time to play it again and see if playing will still hold as enjoyable for me

I owned one in the past. Wasn't that amazing to me.

If you're looking for portability, then I suppose a PSP is nice. If it's just the games, then just emulate them on PPSSPP.

It doesn't require powerful hardware to emulate, either.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Eh, I personally wouldn't. Whilst I loved my PSP I felt it really lacked, which is why I guess I sold it 6 years ago. But saying that I wish I had kept it since it was a release model and they're now hard to find in good condition for a reasonable price :/

But then again the games I want to play on it I have on PSN for my PS3 and they're also mostly available for Vita, so yeah..

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

VMU are the game cartridges for the PSP.

You mean UMD right?

UMD_icon.jpg

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

if you never own it, it will give you tremendous quality hour of game

hardware wise ofcourse they are old

but I prefer playing it on native system instead emulator, and the screen is great if you compare to Nintendo DS
I have Nintendo DS and my brother have PSP, there's alot JRPG games for both but you can also run playstation games on PSP

I even consider to get vita just to grab playstation games over PSN+, but unfortunately this shitty region restriction won't let me.

You mean UMD right?

Wow, um .. Yeah.. I guess I had the Dreamcast in mind when making those posts..

I love my psp. Its been with me since 2008. Also you can run psp games on an emulator on android or pc.

They are still FUN! I'm still playing The Warriors and The Sims 2 Pets in it..... Good games....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

played lots of monster hunter on mine and broke its analog stick.

but yeah i think its still fun to play if you can stand the really low resolution of the screen