How is it we still don't have wireless USB?

HeyKitty

Just annoys me.  I have all these usb devices, and I still have to run a cord. -.-

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

You mean stuff like this?

trendnet-wireless-usb.jpg

For mouse and keyboard etc

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

there are many wireless usb devices, but many of them SUCK shit bechause #delay

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

they exist, just not the best but they do

I just do not understand you.

Why would you want something to connect to a computer via 2 interface( bluetooth/other wireless means+USB) where most of the case you should be fine with only one?

There are wireless usb hubs that were mainly used for printers before built in networking on printers was common. But from my understanding these devices were expensive and not fast enough to do something like use a mouse with out lag. 

http://www.amazon.com/Port-USB-2-0-Wireless-Hub/dp/B000UU46W8

As for the first response, that is a usb dongle that is most likely on a set frequency which is the same as the mouse or keyboards frequency. 

If you are into diy stuff or programming, look into the xbee wireless modules. They are basically what would be in a wireless usb hub. But the transmission speed is not fast enough and does not have enough bandwidth for something like read/write on a flash drive, well at least not fast enough for anyone to be compelled to use it. 

A wired device will always be superior to a wireless one

CPU- i7 5960x MOTHERBOARD- Asus Rampage V extreme RAM- 32gb Corsair Dominator Platinum ddr4 2800mhz GPU-  2X EVGA GTX 980 SC in SLI PSU- Corsair ax860 CASE- Corsair Obsidian 750d COOLING- EK cpu+dual gpu custom loop (ek supremacy evo, dual gtx 980 copper/acetal waterblocks) MOUSE- Logitech g502 proteus core KEYBOARD- Ducky shine 3 cherry mx blue switches and blue LED MONITOR- Samsung u28d590d UHD  STORAGE -  120 gb samsung 850 evo ssd, 960 gb ocz trion ssd OS- Windows 10 pro http://pcpartpicker.com/p/jtP8GX

There are wireless usb hubs that were mainly used for printers before built in networking on printers was common. But from my understanding these devices were expensive and not fast enough to do something like use a mouse with out lag. 

http://www.amazon.com/Port-USB-2-0-Wireless-Hub/dp/B000UU46W8

>Improves speeds up to 10 times faster than a regular Wireless 802.11b Network

I'll take 10! :P

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

Name some USB devices you'd like to turn wireless that would not suffer from these symptoms of not being wired:

- Input lag

- Bandwidth bottleneck

- Needing it's own battery

"Rawr XD"

Mostly just want one for my microphone that is attached to my chair, so I don't have to have a wire connecting my chair and desk together...

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

uhm what?

my headset is wireless no cable

keyboard mouse wireless no cable

but yeah, battery... is the most problematic.

Because there are more efficient wireless standards to take care. 

Wireless use radio frequences. This freq's are carefully chosen to not interfere and or damage anything preexistent. Wireless 2.4 Ghz which NO it isn't only "wi-fi" is the best micro freq available for plenty uses. Low data rate transfers, cooking, etc. in Data transfer you can find, wifi, bluetooth, even some usb dongles for wireless keyboard/mouse. Cooking, any microwave makes use of 2.4 Ghz freq. 

Cables prevent me from losing my stuff. 

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |