Can i wipe a Macbook air and install windows only?

So i brought a Macbook air with 128 GB storage and im basically wondering if it's possible to install windows only on it? since im a bit limited for space dual booting it would take up a large portion of it.

The reason for wanting windows is that im doing computer science at uni and they want us to use notepad++ to execute our code, ive tried to make it work on mac but unable to make it execute inside notepad

Also I did do a quick google but it was mostly just "how to install windows on mac" but you just are usually pretty good at this sorta thing :D
Thanks

I would suggest just leaving Mac os on it but with just a little space. If you really want that 20ish gb yes you can. Use boot camp to create a boot disk and get the drivers then boot into recovery mode (Google it) then open disk utility and partition the sdd. After that boot to the install disk you made and install Windows.

If you need to get Mac installed in the future you can boot to recovery again and install from there

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Do you need the extra space taken by the OSX partition?

If not then just run it in bootcamp leaving a small portion of the drive for OSX. Or you can use virtual machines, as seen with Parallels, VMware, and Virtualbox(free).

If you do need the extra space then, then apparently its possible...

Stole this from a HardForum site asking the same question as you

Yup. Just remove the HFS partition after setting the Windows partition as active/primary boot.

I have never went windows only on a mac myself, but apparently it is possible. This could also end with you being unable to update firmware. May I ask why you chose a Mac to run windows only?

Don't use Parallels, it's atrocious for getting real work done. One of the worst virtualization platforms that I've ever worked with.

Use Boot Camp and get your Windows install going, with whatever size partition you need for it. From there, you can either keep the OS X partition on the hard drive, or you can wipe it out and extend the Windows one. Just make sure that you get the Boot Camp drivers (they should get downloaded automatically) during the pre-install process for Windows and put it on a USB so you can install it after, otherwise you'll have a terrible time. 

All of the Mac's I've used Boot Camp on have run better with Windows than OS X on it. 

Well, I used to have to deal with a Desktop Mac Mid-2010 edition and when I used boot camp, the video card driver failed soo often that it made the partition ridiculously painful to use. So unless you know that you have a pretty good GPU in that machine, DON'T DO IT. I was able to emulate and run Windows games better on the Mac OS X partition than running them on the Windows one. This problem could be fixed by now, but I just have a bad feeling about running windows on a Mac from my prior experience.

Not sure why you want to wipe your OS X partition just to install Notepad++ There are tons of great text editors on mac and developing in OS X/Linux is much more simpler in general anyways. This program is pretty simple and straightforward to use, and I have tested it with notepad++ 

http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/

You can also run a virtual machine with VirtualBox (Free), or VMware (paid). I would not recommend parallels as they put ads and stuff in their program that you pay for.

Just stick to mac since what your doing can easily work on os. Its just a lot of hassle to remove an already installed os right from the factory. But you can try Virtual Box or this

http://superuser.com/questions/73965/remove-mac-os-x-and-install-windows

Yes, its possible.

Insert Mac OS X Install Disc (this part should work with OS X 10.4 Tiger or OS X 10.5 Leopard discs).

Reboot. Hold down C key during reboot Do not start the install. From the Utilities menu, select Disk Utility.

Select your hard drive from the list and then click the Partition tab / button.

Click the Options button and select “Master Boot Record” as the partition scheme. Click OK.

From the Volume Scheme drop down list, select 1 Partition. Select MS-DOS (FAT) for the format (not that this matters since you will reformat it using NTFS during the Vista install).

Click Apply.

Reboot. Hold down the Alt/Option key turning reboot.

When the graphical boot menu appears, hit the eject button. Take out the OS X Install Disc and put in your Vista with SP1 install disc.

Proceed through the Vista install.

When you come to screen titled “Where do you want to install Windows,” select Disk 0.

There will be a message saying that you cannot install to that disk because it is not formatted using NTFS.

Click the Drive Options link. Click the Format link. Click OK in the confirmation dialog.

Now select Disk 0 and click Next.

The Vista installation should proceed as normal.

Once Windows is installed and loaded, insert an OS X 10.5 Leopard disc and install the Windows drivers from Apple.

Thanks to "Derek Hatchard's Information Flume Ride"

maybe this 

It can work but youll need a hell alot of space and he has a 128gb air and thats little for storing files and 2 oses

I think you can, you can just to go to the Windows installation USB/DVD then format the 1st partition (your boot drive) then install Windows as usual.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold