I just realised this about the Gold Apple Watch

Sonefiler

I have finally understood why there is a gold Apple Watch.

Think about it. At best buy and stuff, there's always those amazing LG 3D IPS curved 4K TV's at the entrance which cost literally $20,000+. Who's going to buy those? I mean, rich people don't go to Best Buy! After you see that, the $2,000 TV's behind it in comparison seem really cheap, boosting sales of those TV's.

Selling a gold Apple Watch distracts from the fact that the normal one is expensive too, and makes it look relatively cheap.

It's a very smart strategy. Nobody is going to buy the gold ones, Apple knows that.

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

I don't think so, why waste that money? creating all of that for?

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

because they can pretty much

Are you new to the forums???? read the Code of Conduct HERE WANT SOME AWESOME LTT THEMED WALLPAPERS??? check out XTanksSlayerX's wallpaper thread HERE 

"May our framerates be high, and our temperatures low" - PC MasterRace

The richest company in the world, heck they can sell an iphone for 100+ dollars well for a year and get away with it.

Spoiler

PRE-BUILT DESKTOP | CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3GHz | RAM: 4GB DDR2 @ 800MHz (2GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 w/ 2GB VRAM | HDDs: 3.5" Samsung HD501LJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm & 3.5" Samsung 502IJ ATA 500GB 7200rpm | PSU: MODECOM Feel III-500Watt ATX | Displays: Samsung SyncMaster T22B350 (1920x1080) & LG Flatron W2234S (1680x1050) | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit & Ubuntu Linux 14.04 LTS | Peripherals: Logitech M90 gray mice & Acme KM10 keyboard | Sound: HDMI 2.0

DELL INSPIRON 15 7000 SERIES (7537) LAPTOP | CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2GHz | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz (4GBX2) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M w/ 2GB VRAM | SSHD: 2.5" 1TB + 8GB Flash | Display: 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS w/ Multi-Touch | OS: Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit | Peripherals: Logitech M100 white mice | Sound:  Logitech Z130 2.0

OTHER DEVICES | Phone: Samsung Galaxy Alpha 32GB

It is unfortunate but that is the reason. They won't suffer much of a dent in their profits even if they produce a few hundred of those watches. Apple is valued at almost 1 trillion dollars. They could literally pay off the whole of Greece's debt... Well, almost at least.

Check out my tech blog - CrypoTech

The gold ones aren't for you and me. Those are for rich people, like wealthy business people, pro athletes, celebrities, rappers, and the like. The cost of one of those watches is pocket change to them. It was never intended to appeal to the masses.

They didn't even make that many.

A watch these days (beside for young kids) is a fashion accessory. It is jewellery.

You go can bet that most Apple stores won't have the Apple Gold watch. Maybe Apple store in New York and other big locations where there is a potential of people buying it, there might be 1 in stock in a safe.

Apple doesn't need to do the basic retail tricks. If not, you would have a low, medium and high end model. Much like buying windshield wipers. You always have the cheapo one, the "normal" one (the one the store wants to boost sales), and the overpriced one. People in their mind would go: "I don't buy the cheap stuff, the over priced one is over kill, and I'll get the med range one". You notice this more in flyers, where they only show you 3 models, when it comes to a period they want to push sales.

Oh I'm sure there will be plenty of rich people buying the gold one. 

Hell no they won't.

The gold ones aren't for you and me. Those are for rich people, like wealthy business people, pro athletes, celebrities, rappers, and the like. The cost of one of those watches is pocket change to them. It was never intended to appeal to the masses.

Oh I'm sure there will be plenty of rich people buying the gold one. 

Rich people won't buy a smart watch. They are going to buy a normal watch because it's a fashion accessory, not because they need the functionality.

Rich people won't buy a smart watch. They are going to buy a normal watch because it's a fashion accessory, not because they need the functionality.

That's not stopping Apple from trying to market to them. Plus I'm sure a lot of the younger, "new money" rich people, like pro athletes and up and coming actors and musicians, will opt for the new hotness that is the apple watch rather than a traditional ultra high end watch like Rolex. But that is pure speculation on my part. We will have to wait and see what the sales numbers are like and see who has their picture taken while wearing one.

That's not stopping Apple from trying to market to them. Plus I'm sure a lot of the younger, "new money" rich people, like pro athletes and up and coming actors and musicians, will opt for the new hotness that is the apple watch rather than a traditional ultra high end watch like Rolex. But that is pure speculation on my part. We will have to wait and see what the sales numbers are like and see who has their picture taken while wearing one.

Any famous people that wear it will be doing so because Apple sponsored them to. Like all those famous DJs that wear Beats.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

The richest company in the world, heck they can sell an iphone for 100+ dollars well for a year and get away with it.

Apple is not the richest company in the world, even though you see all those articles about Apple being worth so much that's more of a fictional value. Apple's revenue in 2014 was 182 billion whereas Royal Dutch Shell for example, had a revenue of 421 billion.

Any famous people that wear it will be doing so because Apple sponsored them to. Like all those famous DJs that wear Beats.

I honestly doubt Apple will go through the trouble of sponsoring people to wear a $10,000 watch. That would be silly on their part. $200 headphones that cost them $20 to make is a different story. And I'm sure a lot of DJs buy beats because they are cool and want to be part of the "in" crowd. Only the most popular ones actually get any sort of sponsorship. The rest just follow suit with what the elite do.