Best way to transfer game data?

Celsiuss
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

Of course, but will it be recognized as a installed program?

And how do I know which games are synced and wich are not?

Most Steam games are synced. The ones that aren't, you can move whole folder and just tell in another steam client where the folder is. Some are just too old so your save data will be lost. You can tell by default which will work and which not. So you just have to test it. Uplay I don't know, same with Origin as BF series are only games I play there. And with those I just move my config files around.

Other games. Most of them will have own folders in your user Documents folder. Copy those and most stuff is good. For some you might find stuff hidden in AppData folders. So if you don't find some specific game, I suggest Googling it and you will probably find info if there is savefiles hidden somewhere and if its even possible to backup/move them. What I can say right away is that GFWL stuff is most likely no-go.

First of, how do I know if the game data will be synced to the cloud (Steam, origin, and UPlay)?

Now, with the games that are not automatically synced, what's the best way to transfer them to a new PC?

find the save files...copy them to a usb stick and transfer over

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

find the save files...copy them to a usb stick and transfer over

Most Steam games are synced. The ones that aren't, you can move whole folder and just tell in another steam client where the folder is. Some are just too old so your save data will be lost. You can tell by default which will work and which not. So you just have to test it. Uplay I don't know, same with Origin as BF series are only games I play there. And with those I just move my config files around.

Other games. Most of them will have own folders in your user Documents folder. Copy those and most stuff is good. For some you might find stuff hidden in AppData folders. So if you don't find some specific game, I suggest Googling it and you will probably find info if there is savefiles hidden somewhere and if its even possible to backup/move them. What I can say right away is that GFWL stuff is most likely no-go.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Thank you, I will try and see what happens :)