OS and Programs from old Computer to New Computer?

Das2000
Go to solution Solved by techguru,

no you need to reinstall everything on the new pc

if it was the same hardware you could image it...but since its not...gotta reinstall

Im building a new Gaming Pc this week, I have windows 7 installed on my old computer and a few games I was hoping to transfer over to my new computer. The hardware side of this I have no problem with but the software side I have no idea... Can I make a mirror image from my old drive to my new SSD that will be hooked into  the new pc even thought the components are vastly different? and if so will it boot? If not is there a way to do it?

no you need to reinstall everything on the new pc

if it was the same hardware you could image it...but since its not...gotta reinstall

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Im building a new Gaming Pc this week, I have windows 7 installed on my old computer and a few games I was hoping to transfer over to my new computer. The hardware side of this I have no problem with but the software side I have no idea... Can I make a mirror image from my old drive to my new SSD that will be hooked into  the new pc even thought the components are vastly different? and if so will it boot? If not is there a way to do it?

Honestly I would start from new it doesn't take that long and give it a few someone will come up with a solution or just take a look at this.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341277-upgrading/

CPU: Intel Core I7 4790k @ 4.0ghz MOBO: Asus z97-A GPU:  EVGA 970 SSC SLI  RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB 1866  PSU: Corsair HX850W STORAGE: Kingston SSD 120GB, 1TB WD, 500GB WD CASE: NZXT H440

Thanks guys, I'll buy a new OS then, do you know if there is a way to move Steam games over to save the all the downloads again? or other games like Eve, BF4, WoF?

the os key you can reuse most likely...don't need to buy another

ms will give you a new key...all you do is tell them your activation died out cause your mb died and you had to buy a new one

more then likely tho your original key will still work

the steam games you can probably transfer over to the new pc without redownloading

apparently steam has a backup option..that you can then move to the new pc