Portable PC Build (Mini Night Raider?)

ilya2006

So I recently started building computers (like 4-5 months ago). And I've basically been just looking for excuses to build more! So after finishing my sisters and my gaming rig, I started thinking about building a portable machine to take to my friends homes and so out of that came this idea and everything just started with this GTX 970. Then last week I was on Micro center's website at like 8:30am and I don't know how it happened but they must have messed up somewhere since for like a few minutes there was a brand new GTX 970 on sale for $149.99 and this was just too good an opportunity to not take. Am I right?

So then I tried to SLI it just for poops and giggles since I already had a 970 in my main rig. Suprise Suprise it didn't work, so now I'm building a home for it!

TL:DR

> Got a second 970 on the cheap

> now I'm building a portable computer

Here's the PC part picker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DDrgHx

I'm open to changes on basically anything that I have yet to buy. So far I have bought the Mobo and obviously the graphics card.

So if anyone is interested follow me on my little mini adventure and make any recommendations and what not! Might even try my hand at doing some case mods, custom water loop is not out of the question! 

If interested here's a link to my rig:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kBfBJx

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

snip

Erm, where do you get all that money from?

Why does the SLI not work? Not enough space?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

So I recently started building computers (like 4-5 months ago). And I've basically been just looking for excuses to build more! So after finishing my sisters and my gaming rig, I started thinking about building a portable machine to take to my friends homes and so out of that came this idea and everything just started with this GTX 970. Then last week I was on Micro center's website at like 8:30am and I don't know how it happened but they must have messed up somewhere since for like a few minutes there was a brand new GTX 970 on sale for $149.99 and this was just too good an opportunity to not take. Am I right?

So then I tried to SLI it just for poops and giggles since I already had a 970 in my main rig. Suprise Suprise it didn't work, so now I'm building a home for it!

TL:DR

> Got a second 970 on the cheap

> now I'm building a portable computer

Here's the PC part picker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/DDrgHx

I'm open to changes on basically anything that I have yet to buy. So far I have bought the Mobo and obviously the graphics card.

So if anyone is interested follow me on my little mini adventure and make any recommendations and what not! Might even try my hand at doing some case mods, custom water loop is not out of the question! 

If interested here's a link to my rig:http://pcpartpicker.com/p/kBfBJx

Incompatibly with the CPU fan and the case. You'll need to change the fan.

http://i.gyazo.com/23c25b12670bd4b0b9e6b6c59ce7fe8c.png

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Looks great, except you aren't going to that beautiful ram behind the graphics card. :P 

I would also swap out the SSD for something faster and bigger such as a 500gb HyperX 3k. Or throw in a 1TB Hard drive for game storage

[CPU] 4790K @4.6Ghz  [MOBO]  VII Hero  [RAM]   16Gb G.Skill Trident X @ 2400Mhz  [GPU]  Asus 770 2GB [CASE] Nzxt H440 [sTORAGE]  HyperX 3k 256, 1TB WD Blue [PSU] Evga Supernova G2 750W [DISPLAYS] 2x Asus VX279q @ 1440p [COOLING] Cooler Master V8 Gts [KEYBOARD] Corsair K70 Blue Switches [MOUSE] Corsair M40 [sOUND] Sony 2.1 Soundbar, HyperX Cloud Headset, Audio Technica AT2020 Mic [OS] 8.1, Yosemite, Gemini

The 200mm fan is okay in the front.

post-76195-0-67073700-1428099242.png

[CPU] 4790K @4.6Ghz  [MOBO]  VII Hero  [RAM]   16Gb G.Skill Trident X @ 2400Mhz  [GPU]  Asus 770 2GB [CASE] Nzxt H440 [sTORAGE]  HyperX 3k 256, 1TB WD Blue [PSU] Evga Supernova G2 750W [DISPLAYS] 2x Asus VX279q @ 1440p [COOLING] Cooler Master V8 Gts [KEYBOARD] Corsair K70 Blue Switches [MOUSE] Corsair M40 [sOUND] Sony 2.1 Soundbar, HyperX Cloud Headset, Audio Technica AT2020 Mic [OS] 8.1, Yosemite, Gemini

Erm, where do you get all that money from?

Why does the SLI not work? Not enough space?

Well I'm a working student so my money goes towards everything but school. Basically my parents pay for school and i pay for everything else.

The SLI not working, I'm kind of unsure about the reason. For one it could be because the cards are different manufacturers and the computer doesn't recognize the SLI bridge also but that might have something to do with the first problem. But there is plenty of room.

CPU: i7 8700K (Cooled by Custom Loop)  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 1080  RAM: 8GBx2 HyperX Fury  MOBO: Asus ROG Strix Z370-E PSU: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Case: Thermaltake The Tower 900Storage: OCZ ARC 100 240GB SSD & Crucial BX100 500GB & 1TB WD Blue HDD & 2TB Seagate Barracuda Mouse: Mionix Castor   Keyboard: Ducky One  Display: Dell P2414H & Dell S2716DG

Incompatibly with the CPU fan and the case. You'll need to change the fan.

http://i.gyazo.com/23c25b12670bd4b0b9e6b6c59ce7fe8c.png

Yeah I saw that it was really more of a place holder.

Well I'm a working student so my money goes towards everything but school. Basically my parents pay for school and i pay for everything else.

The SLI not working, I'm kind of unsure about the reason. For one it could be because the cards are different manufacturers and the computer doesn't recognize the SLI bridge also but that might have something to do with the first problem. But there is plenty of room.

SLI should definitely work with different manufactures. Make sure that they are clocked the same.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

The 200mm fan is okay in the front.

Okay. :P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Looks great, except you aren't going to that beautiful ram behind the graphics card. :P 

I would also swap out the SSD for something faster and bigger such as a 500gb HyperX 3k. Or throw in a 1TB Hard drive for game storage

Aww man really? Its such sweet ram too! I'm trying to build this without a mechanical drive and I'm probably not going to have too many games on it but I like that 500gb hyperX!! I think I might swap that in!

You using the Hero right? Make sure you are using the red slots. 

a6e43c3fe4a0258c85e9feeb41f19cc2.png

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You using the Hero right? Make sure you are using the red slots. 

a6e43c3fe4a0258c85e9feeb41f19cc2.png

Yeah, they are both in the red slots.