[Hoax] AIDS Infected Canned Food From Thailand 2015

Bajantechnician

i guess ur right... but.... lets say....

they ship out 100000 boxes, one box has 100 cans, one person buys 3 cans,

whats the chance of someone getting a can with a living virus?

wount that mean that at lease one person might get aids?

would be a shit storm if it was you or me. This is just carzy. Shouldn't the mafia make money? How were they doing that here?

By that logic there's also a possibility I get AIDs from breathing in someone's "AIDs sneeze"

To infect 100,000 cans, you would need an absorbent amount of blood. Then putting said cans in a variety of temperatures, etc, etc. It's not plausible.

Regardless, it's not logical. it's an act of terrorism, and is going to result in them getting colossally butt fucked.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

would be a shit storm if it was you or me. This is just carzy. Shouldn't the mafia make money? How were they doing that here?

i dunno, theyre not doin it here... the thailand mafia did it, and the shipments from thailand came here, where theyre being investigated into

Are you drunk, and/or High?

Just curious, no offence. You just seem way too excited about this for your own good ;)

does it matter :) also the CDC and NIH have to do something with their time.

its sumberged in artificial fruit juice, which contains sugar, what does blood need? oh right suugar......

pH of canned foods.

"HIV is very sensitive to changes in alkalinity or acidity – pH level – and pH levels below 7 or above 8 are unsuitable for long-term survival of HIV."

Source

EDIT: Oh and do note the temperature changes in shipping and storage.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

By that logic there's also a possibility I get AIDs from breathing in someone's "AIDs sneeze"

To infect 100,000 cans, you would need an absorbent amount of blood. Then putting said cans in a variety of temperatures, etc, etc. It's not plausible.

Regardless, it's not logical. it's an act of terrorism, and is going to result in them getting colossally butt fucked.

everything is terrorism now a days....

Are you drunk, and/or High?

Just curious, no offence. You just seem way too excited about this for your own good ;)

nay...

moi nay gai

moi no do inhancers

eyy

eyyy

whatd i say? :0

theyre forced to do it.

ex:

put ur f**king blood in like (insert # here cans), or ill kill ur family

According to the second link in OP:

"The claims are untrue. The message is just one more in a long series of similar HIV related hoaxes. There are no credible reports about such an incident and the Thai government has denied the contamination rumours. Moreover, because HIV does not live long outside the body, there is virtually no risk of contracting the virus from eating canned food, even if blood from an HIV positive person was added to the can during processing. Sending on such false information serves only to foster myths and misinformation about HIV and is entirely counterproductive."

Not worried about this. Show me a legit source like the BBC or NPR report on it, and it would be a very different story.

You know I could always grab my Biomedical Engineering buddy and Pharmacist guy here to give the facts.

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

does it matter :) also the CDC and NIH have to do something with their time.

yeah,

They have to let the Walking dead borrow their building as a set...

pH of canned foods.

Source

EDIT: Oh and do note the temperature changes in shipping and storage.

i do know that BUt.... post #48

Y U shrow da rock at duh bio, dat is duh terriwisim

According to the second link in OP:

"The claims are untrue. The message is just one more in a long series of similar HIV related hoaxes. There are no credible reports about such an incident and the Thai government has denied the contamination rumours. Moreover, because HIV does not live long outside the body, there is virtually no risk of contracting the virus from eating canned food, even if blood from an HIV positive person was added to the can during processing. Sending on such false information serves only to foster myths and misinformation about HIV and is entirely counterproductive."

Not worried about this. Show me a legit source like the BBC or NPR report on it, and it would be a very different story.

post #48 plz... just think about it....

Inserting a deadly disease into a food product, with the idea to wreak havoc and death upon innocent civies is practically the definition of terrorism.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Double post. My bad.

np

You know I could always grab my Biomedical Engineering buddy and Pharmacist guy here to give the facts.

DO IT!

DO IT!

DO IT!

:)

do it

Inserting a deadly disease into a food product, with the idea to wreak havoc and death upon innocent civies is practically the definition of terrorism.

yup

yeah,

They have to let the Walking dead borrow their building as a set...

i do know that BUt.... post #48

Y U shrow da rock at duh bio, dat is duh terriwisim

It won't survive that long.... the conditions are just too harsh for HIV to survive.

Your trolling right? If not then please do some research about the transfer of AIDS/HIV and the conditions required to transfer it.

EDIT: @MageofFaith Get your ass over here and spew some knowledge please.

For everyone who is saying not to spread shit like this because it is counter productive.  Well yes it might be in this specific case, but there are very similar cases that need to be spread because not everyone has the know how to fact check. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It won't survive that long.... the conditions are just too harsh for HIV to survive.

Your trolling right? If not then please do some research about the transfer of AIDS/HIV and the conditions required to transfer it.

EDIT: @MageofFaith Get your ass over here and spew some knowledge please.

not trolling.

TY @MageofFaith :)

For everyone who is saying not to spread shit like this because it is counter productive. Well yes it might be in this specific case, but there are very similar cases that need to be spread because not everyone has the know how to fact check.

?......

not trolling.

Then please... please do some self research and answer the question of legitimacy yourself. 

not trolling.

Are you just refusing to believe what everyone is saying to you then?

Like are you really this stupid?

Gaming Build:

Peripherals:

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Then please... please do some self research and answer the question of legitimacy yourself. 

:(

Are you just refusing to believe what everyone is saying to you then?

Like are you really this stupid?

hey, im not insisting that there will be people infected.

the main point of this was to get people informed......

The sad part is people WILL believe this. Just like they believe vaccines cause autism. The internet is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, to a LOT of people. 

It makes me upset. Non-college adults, usually hardly even high-school graduates, eat up this stuff like it's cookies.

they kinda have to ask for something or have some message attached to it, i don't see that here, just crazy people. Anyways is a hoax so good to know people aren't this crazy yet.

The sad part is people WILL believe this. Just like they believe vaccines cause autism. The internet is the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, to a LOT of people. 

It makes me upset. Non-college adults, usually hardly even high-school graduates, eat up this stuff like it's cookies.

the autisim this it to be truthful, quite dum

my church was the one to inform me on this in a mass email

the autisim this it to be truthful, quite dum

my church was the one to inform me on this in a mass email

Your church has been fooled.

Better break the news and refute the hoax with some cold hard knowledge.