Vessel improves streaming quality/bit-rate

mvitkun

Still can't hide my mouse pointer in full screen on if you pause the video for 2 mins and resume it, it almost never playes the video, have to refresh, and the fcking thing doesn't have buffer system

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

10/10 on the update, but the website... my god! do they know how to design for desktops? The web design is just...fail!

It looks s lot like youtube's website but with the sidebar hidden. I like it, although I wish they had a page where it shows all of the channel you sub to's videos.

wow.

Clearly I wasted my time writing this post since you didn't even read past the first paragraph.

No I read your whole post, I think you have just misunderstood what I said. Instead of the options being labelled as 'High', 'Medium', 'Low' I want it to display what resolution the video is being played in.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Now they need to give support for more browser types.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

Their site is really, not to good. Vessel got the content the correct way. Their site needs some redesigning. They did a good job at making certain things pretty but I felt like the site made things hard to find and cumbersome. Everything looks BLOATED which makes it hard to see the list of videos I can click on.

If the site was the design for a tablet app then I would think its fine cuz they tried saving space and making things large but for a desktop site ITS BAD!

Vessel is gonna be a completely different thing by the end of the year.

Hopefully.

There's potential here. Just needs a lot of ironing out.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

Youtube seems to be 1Mbps at 1080p according to https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1722171?hl=en - That might be recommended for upload though

No it is not. I think youtube 1080p is about 10Mbps and if it's 1080p60 it goes up to 50~, just like 4k.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Their site is really, not to good. Vessel got the content the correct way. Their site needs some redesigning. They did a good job at making certain things pretty but I felt like the site made things hard to find and cumbersome. Everything looks BLOATED which makes it hard to see the list of videos I can click on.

If the site was the design for a tablet app then I would think its fine cuz they tried saving space and making things large but for a desktop site ITS BAD!

IMO, Youtube's website is really poorly designed, there's so much wasted space.

4c3267ca20.jpg

Vessel does need a subscriptions page so that I can see all the uploads from the channels that I'm subscribed to but their channel page isn't too bad. It is a wall of videos, just like Youtube.

Spoiler on new videos that aren't on youtube.

070a43d7c6.jpg

vs

6acc786e2b.jpg

IMO, Youtube's website is really poorly designed, there's so much wasted space.

4c3267ca20.jpg

Vessel does need a subscriptions page so that I can see all the uploads from the channels that I'm subscribed to but their channel page isn't too bad. It is a wall of videos, just like Youtube.

Spoiler on new videos that aren't on youtube.

070a43d7c6.jpg

vs

6acc786e2b.jpg

Youtube options , you can view Grid view anywhere, you will never have to see List view like your 1st Image 

KHVwbCB.png

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

No it is not. I think youtube 1080p is about 10Mbps and if it's 1080p60 it goes up to 50~, just like 4k.

Gah typo, I meant 1 MBps... 8Mbps.