Fractal Design Define R4 Unboxing & Overview

Should've had Luke quit at the end of the video. Then at least 45% of YouTube viewers would have thought it was real.

You didn't get his sarcasm and you didn't get my joke did you ? lol

also your video is blocked outside of USA 

cept it's darude sandstorm

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

seriously, how much for the saddest case? i want it!

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

No, it's just boring. Might as well just use a cardboard box.

That's minimalist.

Again it may bore you but....

Personally I find windowed cases with LEDs and coloured liquid cooling gaudy and ostentatious other people like it.

Each to their own it would be a boring world if everyone thought/felt the same.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Again it may bore you but....

Personally I find windowed cases with LEDs and coloured liquid cooling gaudy and ostentatious other people like it.

Each to their own it would be a boring world if everyone thought/felt the same.

I used a Fractal case for my moms new office PC, and I gotta point out, the power LED on that thing is brighter than every single LED on my rig combined, at night it literally functions as a nightlight for the hall way she has her desk in. Blindingly bright when you are facing it.

I got it because it was dirt cheap. Which I can understand, I just don't understand why someone would build a high end gaming machine, and then stick it in what looks like a store bought PC

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

cept it's darude sandstorm

Ugh, you missed both of our sarcasm man,both 

Spoiler
Spoiler

AMD 5000 Series Ryzen 7 5800X| MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk WiFi | G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 32GB (2 * 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16-18-18-38 | Asus GeForce GTX 3080Ti STRIX | SAMSUNG 980 PRO 500GB PCIe NVMe Gen4 SSD M.2 + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 (2280) Gen3 | Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular | Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT | Cooler Master Box MB511 | ASUS TUF Gaming VG259Q Gaming Monitor 144Hz, 1ms, IPS, G-Sync | Logitech G 304 Lightspeed | Logitech G213 Gaming Keyboard |

PCPartPicker 

I used a Fractal case for my moms new office PC, and I gotta point out, the power LED on that thing is brighter than every single LED on my rig combined, at night it literally functions as a nightlight for the hall way she has her desk in. Blindingly bright when you are facing it.

I don't face the power LED and wife makes me switch of the system at night so none of this night light business.

If the brightness is a problem I am sure a TOUCH of blue paint would dull it down or even (in extremis0 you could dissconnect the power LED from the MoBo.

, I just don't understand why someone would build a high end gaming machine, and then stick it in what looks like a store bought PC

I have never seen a store-bought system that looks like this (note I am not saying they don't exist just that I have never seen one) Generally they have either a gloss front or a gloss area on the front and are usually considerably smaller (mATX sort of size) .

It is a bit more monolithic (liked the looks but thought it would be smaller) than I first thought but even its bulk is growing on me.

Then again I do very little gaming (mostly Flash games and a bit of Skyrim and a bit of Kerbal) so I would hardly call this a gaming rig (although it does have a Strix GTX 970 which is rather more in the gamer camp than say a quadro).

Edited to fix minor typo

"This too shall pass"

Kind of case that deserves to be left out in the rain, don't you think?

It's universally regarded as like the worst, hottest, and most space inefficient case on the market. Plus it's not even quiet because it doesnt have moduvent foam on the cpu socket to prevent cpu coil whine. The lack of TDP it provides at that price point is laughable.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

It looks like a 10 second gif repeated over and over again actually

Shhhshshsh don't crush my dreams.

Kind of case that deserves to be left out in the rain, don't you think?

Nope. And there are thousands of others who don't think it " deserves to be left out in the rain".

It's universally regarded as like the worst, hottest, and most space inefficient case on the market.

It is?

Plus it's not even quiet because it doesnt have moduvent foam on the cpu socket to prevent cpu coil whine.

Surely some mistake.  AFAIK CPUs have no coils or discrete components I have never heard of CPUs making any appreciable noise.

From Anand tech at :- http://www.anandtech.com/show/6102/fractal-design-define-r4-case-review-evolution-not-revolution/7

I think if I were building a quiet system on a budget for someone, I'd have an awfully hard time finding a better choice than the Define R4.

"This too shall pass"

Nope. And there are thousands of others who don't think it " deserves to be left out in the rain".

It is?

Surely some mistake.  AFAIK CPUs have no coils or discrete components I have never heard of CPUs making any appreciable noise.

From Anand tech at :- http://www.anandtech.com/show/6102/fractal-design-define-r4-case-review-evolution-not-revolution/7

Much like the tone of the video itself, this post was brought to you by: sarcasm!

See: my sig

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Much like the tone of the video itself, this post was brought to you by: sarcasm!

Sarcasm doesn't work very well in a text only medium.

"This too shall pass"