LGBT community

carguy86
Just now, SeriouslyMikey said:

I did Resistant materials at GCSE. It was my favourite subject. Such a shame, I somewhat fell off the rails by the end of year 11 and didn't get what I should have gotten in that subject. D:

I do like DT, but when you can only use pine and the teacher sets you back, it did make me question why I took it. Maybe for A-Level, I will do metalworking instead and create a cool desk/server chassis/etc.

Just now, ServerGuy said:

I do like DT, but when you can only use pine and the teacher sets you back, it did make me question why I took it. Maybe for A-Level, I will do metalworking instead and create a cool desk/server chassis/etc.

Ah, the teacher really helps. I had an extremely motivating teacher, who, funnily enough loved metal music and snowboarded, so I always ended up speaking to him about things other than woodwork. 

As for AS-Level. I would have taken resistant materials at another college to the one I went to if the teacher I meat there wasn't laid off literally a week after the induction week. He, my resistant materials teacher, and the electronics teacher at my school all knew each other and went snowboarding together, which was fun to hear. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Ah, the teacher really helps. I had an extremely motivating teacher, who, funnily enough loved metal music and snowboarded, so I always ended up speaking to him about things other than woodwork. 

As for AS-Level. I would have taken resistant materials at another college to the one I went to if the teacher I meat there wasn't laid off literally a week after the induction week. He, my resistant materials teacher, and the electronics teacher at my school all knew each other and went snowboarding together, which was fun to hear. 

Mine just goes on battlefield tours about WW1 and fills up both his (personal?) and school twitter accounts with it. The school account is shared between the 2 rooms as well. He also can't give a straight answer to anything.

6 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Mine just goes on battlefield tours about WW1 and fills up both his (personal?) and school twitter accounts with it. The school account is shared between the 2 rooms as well. He also can't give a straight answer to anything.

That's a real shame. I don't think any of my class failed, and I do believe it was mainly in part to my teacher being really motivating, and somewhat pushy. You could tell he genuinely wanted his students to pass. 

It's horrible when you get a teacher that doesn't care. I had one in year 8, well, she wasn't even there until the last week after our end of year exams as she was off with maternity leave. We had a teacher called Mr. Lions, who didn't teach maths, and didn't care about his job. Not to mention, our school was going through a rebuild at the time, and our class was just bunged into an old science classroom that had gas leaks every week. Mr. Lions broke chairs, the table he was sat at and got a kid in year 11 to beat up a misbehaving kid in our class. When he was finally sacked, our actual teacher for that year came back and as we didn't learn anything for that year, she laughed at our final grades. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 minute ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

That's a real shame. I don't think any of my class failed, and I do believe it was mainly in part to my teacher being really motivating, and somewhat pushy. You could tell he genuinely wanted his students to pass. 

It's horrible when you get a teacher that doesn't care. I had one in year 8, well, she wasn't even there until the last week after our end of year exams as she was off with maternity leave. We had a teacher called Mr. Lions, who didn't teach maths, and didn't care about his job. Not to mention, our school was going through a rebuild at the time, and our class was just bunged into an old science class that had gas leaks every week. Mr. Lions broke chairs, the table he was sat at and got a kid in year 11 to beat up a misbehaving kid in our class. When he was finally sacked, our actual teacher for that year came back and as we didn't learn anything for that year, she laughed at our final grades. 

Welp. That kinda sounds like my school. My DT teacher does want us to get good grades (and tbh, we do) but the way he goes about it isn't the best. The ICT teacher I ahd in yr7/8, before she went on maternity leave and never returned, couldn't care less. She even accused me of lying for following instructions in a group project. 

2 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Welp. That kinda sounds like my school. My DT teacher does want us to get good grades (and tbh, we do) but the way he goes about it isn't the best. The ICT teacher I ahd in yr7/8, before she went on maternity leave and never returned, couldn't care less. She even accused me of lying for following instructions in a group project. 

And then you get those people who are like: "Oh, why didn't you learn anything this year? Do you just not care about your education." It's even more disheartening and really sits with you until later education, as they don't seem to take into account that a teacher has the biggest impact on your education, and adults seem to forget that from their childhood. 

And I am just venting. D: 

4 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

And then you get those people who are like: "Oh, why didn't you learn anything this year? Do you just not care about your education." It's even more disheartening and really sits with you until later education, as they don't seem to take into account that a teacher has the biggest impact on your education, and adults seem to forget that from their childhood. 

And I am just venting. D: 

Yeah, or those teachers that when you ask for further help/a different explanation, they explain it to you the same way and purely using the textbook (when you don't understand any of it) :/

34 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Yeah, or those teachers that when you ask for further help/a different explanation, they explain it to you the same way and purely using the textbook (when you don't understand any of it) :/

This was like, 80% of my teachers for GCSE

Needs money for car parts :P

System specs: Core i7 9700k, Dark Rock Pro 4 , MSI Z390 PRO, 16GB CORSAIR VENGENCE DDR4 3000, EVGA GTX 1070 FTW, Corsair AX860, Seagate 1TB, Sandisk 240GB SSD, Corsair 400c

My Steam Profile (from SteamDB)

• Worth: £654 (£221 with sales)
  • Games owned: 62
  • Games played: 52 (83%)
  • Hours on record: 2,980.7h

39 minutes ago, iDeFecZx said:

This was like, 80% of my teachers for GCSE

*looks accusingly at maths teacher* I've learned more from my tutor in 30mins about algebra than I have with my teacher in 2 years and to some extent, my physics teacher is the same, but at least we have finished the entirety of Physics. In Biology, we have 1/2 of B3 left and roughly the same for Chemistry. I hope we don't fail our GCSEs because of this :/

Eh Chemistry isn't bad but I'm getting into the boring math heavy components of it so bleh. (Such as finding how many moles is in something or something).

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Just now, wcreek said:

Eh Chemistry isn't bad but I'm getting into the boring math heavy components of it so bleh. (Such as finding how many moles is in something or something).

Don't even get me started on that... our teacher has taught us her "method" and the textbook method and everyone is still confused. In other news, my friend found a very disturbing way to remember covalent and ionic bonds :|

I had such a passionate science teacher in year 8. Really helped to boost my confidence and love for physics. 

Shame that was all crushed when I hit college and they told me I couldn't do it because I only got a C in maths instead of a B. Then it turns out that a handful of friends who got a C were allowed to do it. 

I had such a passionate science teacher in year 8. Really helped to boost my confidence and love for physics. 

Shame that was all crushed when I hit college and they told me I couldn't do it because I only got a C in maths instead of a B. Then it turns out that a handful of friends who got a C were allowed to do it. 

The physics teacher I had up until Easter last year was brilliant and I learned a lot from her. She went on maternity leave (now back) and we have had the other one ever since. Did you ever enquire about why those friends managed to do physics but you couldn't? (that's seriously unfair).

1 minute ago, ServerGuy said:

The physics teacher I had up until Easter last year was brilliant and I learned a lot from her. She went on maternity leave (now back) and we have had the other one ever since. Did you ever enquire about why those friends managed to do physics but you couldn't? (that's seriously unfair).

One of those friends was allowed to do extra maths to help boost his physics, the rest didn't have to do anything extra on top. 

Honestly, the more I look back on my further education and even secondary school, the more I see how much bad luck I had. :D 

4 minutes ago, ServerGuy said:

Don't even get me started on that... our teacher has taught us her "method" and the textbook method and everyone is still confused. In other news, my friend found a very disturbing way to remember covalent and ionic bonds :|

Lol, Ionic and Covalent compounds aren't that hard, hell even percent composition but ffs the whole deal with Avogodro's number (6.02*1023) is so weird. A lot of people I know tend to not like science and I don't blame them to a point because I'm sometimes in that boat too.

I read that as "avocado's number" (oops) but thankfully, we don't cover it at GCSE.

xD 

I really hope that in like a college admissions test that the science section will have nothing to do with Avogadro's number.

Or RIP that part of my ACT or SAT score.  I take it GCSE is sort of like a GED/High School diploma?

Just now, wcreek said:

xD 

I really hope that in like a college admissions test that the science section will have nothing to do with Avogadro's number.

Or RIP that part of my ACT or SAT score.  I take it GCSE is sort of like a GED/High School diploma?

Yep. a very General(ised) Certificate of Secondary Education. Not that any of it will prove useful after GCSEs...

Yep. a very General(ised) Certificate of Secondary Education. Not that any of it will prove useful after GCSEs...

Yeah, GEDs/High School Diplomas don't have much use outside the realm of getting into a university/college and getting a basic job.

I just ordered a bass guitar and amp bundle. :3 

Should arrive tomorrow or Friday. :D 

2 hours ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

I just ordered a bass guitar and amp bundle. :3 

Should arrive tomorrow or Friday. :D 

Don't blow your subwoofer c:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Update on the bass. I got an email asking if I wanted the last one left, which is the display model, they asked me to check the images, which they didn't send any. Now they haven't responded, and shops closed in the UK at 5pm.

EDIT: Pics just came in. :P 

1 minute ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I shall steal you instead :D

Bur apparently nevada, a desert right next to california, is also cold...

*swipe*

YOUR ALL MINE NOW!

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

2 minutes ago, iamdarkyoshi said:

I shall steal you instead :D

Bur apparently nevada, a desert right next to california, is also cold...

But no free health care, free museums, Jeremy Corbyn and left wingeyness.

Pixelbook Go i5 Pixel 4 XL