LGBT community

carguy86
On April 22, 2017 at 8:52 PM, Comic_Sans_MS said:

My 18th Birthday lies during the Sunday of the Queens Birthday Long Weekend, so I have the Monday off, then there is a Student Free Day on the Tuesday. 

I now have to work out what to do other than having fun buying my own alcohol and getting smashed. 

There's better things to do than get drunk.  Like play video games!  ?

Or read a fiction book.

5 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

More like, if I love my PC, I won't try to encode it to HEVC (encoding all my blu ray sets currently). Not only is it a strange anime, bit rates are absolutely all over the place when I went to encode it. File sizes of the episodes range from as low as 150MB to as high as 850MB with the same encode settings, and even then, quality in the (abundant) darker scenes refused to co-operate completely with an RF of 22. My weaker devices without HEVC hardware chokes on this series like no other due to the erratic bit rates.

Now to decide whether or not to encode my Cardcaptor Sakura blu ray set to HEVC. I've already a copy in H.265, though it was made before I got my desktop, and I want to bring file sizes down and use Constant Quality mode (currently at 300 MB/episode). Though, admittedly, the quality is quite good already. My laptop at the time spent 9 days to encode the series, lending to the superior quality (despite the target bit rate mode), though I think it could be improved even more with x265.

Is HEVC some good format for video files taken from a disk onto your computer?

Are you doing that for backup in case the discs get damaged or so you can watch your anime collection on your computer?

Isn't 300MB already tiny for HD video files for a 22 minute (approximately) episode?  

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

Unflattering photos of cosplay in progress. :o

I think it looks better than you think it does.  No need to be hard on yourself.  ?

The pocky is a nice touch btw.    "I'm here to put holes in my enemies and eat pocky.  And I'm all out of pocky."  ?

Now I want pocky.  ?

13 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

I know. I walk around and see things and think "There's a lot of better ways they could have done that" about cabling and other IT crap. 

That's good though.  Seeing ways to improve things.  ?

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I think it looks better than you think it does.  No need to be hard on yourself.  ?

The pocky is a nice touch btw.    "I'm here to put holes in my enemies and eat pocky.  And I'm all out of pocky."  ?

Now I want pocky.  ?

There's a few touches between somewhere in postal limbo.  The shoulder patches have been produced in China but are outstanding.  A cute dangle/mascot for the rifle plus a few accessories for the rifle.  Also no tie yet. :P

18119247_10212821829163711_8397672503704237203_n.jpg.9c0c2bc1a043d856f3e42a30aada39c6.jpg

1 minute ago, Bleedingyamato said:

That's good though.  Seeing ways to improve things.  ?

It is. Until I start to point them out to the people running the place. You can imagine how that goes. But our IT department at my school system isn't smart enough to install proper graphics drivers onto half the computers it manages, anyways. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

13 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Or read a fiction book.

Is HEVC some good format for video files taken from a disk onto your computer?

Are you doing that for backup in case the discs get damaged or so you can watch your anime collection on your computer?

Isn't 300MB already tiny for HD video files for a 22 minute (approximately) episode?  

Cardcaptor Sakura is in H.264. The 265 was an autocorrect fail. 

HEVC (h. 265) is a codec that can reduce sizes by a considerable amount will keeping the same quality. The tradeoff is compute power and compatibility. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

31 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Or read a fiction book.

I just finished reading Out of Position, I am certainly going to buy the other 4 in the series, but the next question is: should I buy it in ebook form for $ per book, spend $26 per book for paper backs or spend $46 per book for the hard back version. 

I think I'll buy ebooks, then I will buy the hard covers when I have money to spend in 10 years or so. 

1 hour ago, Jamiec1130 said:

It is. Until I start to point them out to the people running the place. You can imagine how that goes. But our IT department at my school system isn't smart enough to install proper graphics drivers onto half the computers it manages, anyways. 

When dumb people act like jerks it's the duty of decent people to step on them whenever possible. ?

1 hour ago, AshleyAshes said:

There's a few touches between somewhere in postal limbo.  The shoulder patches have been produced in China but are outstanding.  A cute dangle/mascot for the rifle plus a few accessories for the rifle.  Also no tie yet. :P

Very nice looking patch.  

What cute thing are you getting to attach to the rifle?

I look forward to seeing the final result.  ?

1 hour ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Cardcaptor Sakura is in H.264. The 265 was an autocorrect fail. 

HEVC (h. 265) is a codec that can reduce sizes by a considerable amount will keeping the same quality. The tradeoff is compute power and compatibility. 

Is there a reason you're doing that with your anime though?

59 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

I just finished reading Out of Position, I am certainly going to buy the other 4 in the series, but the next question is: should I buy it in ebook form for $ per book, spend $26 per book for paper backs or spend $46 per book for the hard back version. 

I think I'll buy ebooks, then I will buy the hard covers when I have money to spend in 10 years or so. 

What's that about?  

How much are the ebooks?  There's just a $.  

Ebooks are what I've been preferring too.  I still like paper best but ebooks can be cheaper and have the advantage that I can have and carry about potentially a crazy large amount on my kindle fire.

22 minutes ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Is there a reason you're doing that with your anime though?

Yes. I want my anime to be reasonably portable to transfer between my devices. Obviously, I don't want Blu Ray sized files (30+ GB) lying around on my smartphone. :P

Keeping file sizes small makes the video much easier to move around, particularly if I'm copying them to my backup drive. As for why I'm ripping the anime to begin with, I paid quite a lot for my sets. Were something catastrophic to happen, all my stuff would be sitting in a flash drive on my Keychain. Hence why I'm also focused on achieving quality.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

3 hours ago, ShadowTechXTS said:

Screenshot_20170415-143315.thumb.png.fe2df3115dc0fed64f2dcd530facf2b4.png

I want a cat that would hug me like this 

I hope I won't marry someone allergic to pet hair. 

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

I gotta say though, Luke has some competition with LMG's new employee. 

Spoiler

But Luke is still one of their bosses. 

1 hour ago, hey_yo_ said:

I gotta say though, Luke has some competition with LMG's new employee. 

Hide contents

But Luke is still one of their bosses. 

luke is still a qt

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

What's that about?  

How much are the ebooks?  There's just a $.  

Oh $6

6 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

Ebooks are what I've been preferring too.  I still like paper best but ebooks can be cheaper and have the advantage that I can have and carry about potentially a crazy large amount on my kindle fire.

13 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Yes. I want my anime to be reasonably portable to transfer between my devices. Obviously, I don't want Blu Ray sized files (30+ GB) lying around on my smartphone. :P

Keeping file sizes small makes the video much easier to move around, particularly if I'm copying them to my backup drive. As for why I'm ripping the anime to begin with, I paid quite a lot for my sets. Were something catastrophic to happen, all my stuff would be sitting in a flash drive on my Keychain. Hence why I'm also focused on achieving quality.

You can put video files on your phone?

I know the feeling.  My anime collection cost me a small fortune to buy.  Especially my precious Blu-Ray sets for series like Madoka, SAO, and Cardcaptor Sakura.

13 hours ago, hey_yo_ said:

@Bleedingyamato Do you watch Case Closed

I might've seen a few episodes a VERY long time ago and I do own a few seasons of it on DVD but I haven't watched those yet.  ?

Why do you ask if you don't mind my asking?

7 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Oh $6

$6 in your money or "freedom dollars"?  lol

Sorry I just felt like being silly by calling our money that.  ?

5 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Snip

So what's that about?  

2 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

You can put video files on your phone?

You can't?

Even Windows phone can handle that easily @Daring :P 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

4 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You can't?

I know this, I watched an episode of MLP on my phone years ago, when I:

• Used Windows Phone, and
  • Was a brony

On 4/21/2017 at 0:56 PM, mrzoltowski said:

Hmmmm ... my credit card company have just increased my limit, again... hmmmm ... what to buy what to buy ... more RGB? 1080TI!?!! 

I have the hots for an ultrawide: https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-34UC98-W-Ultrawide-3440x1440-Speakers/dp/B01BFH1AIM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1492793767&sr=8-4&keywords=LG+ultrawide

Ew buy a ultra wide that offers freesync or gsync instead from asus or acer

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

11 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

You can't?

Maybe?    I never tried.    Idk if/how iPhones can load video files like from your computer.

Maybe I'd have load compatible files into iTunes and sync them onto my phone?

6 minutes ago, Daring said:

I know this, I watched an episode of MLP on my phone years ago, when I:

• Used Windows Phone, and
  • Was a brony

So you did what Zodiark is doing with her anime?    Except with MLP episodes.

Just now, Bleedingyamato said:

Maybe?    I never tried.    Idk if/how iPhones can load video files like from your computer.

Maybe I'd have load compatible files into iTunes and sync them onto my phone?

So you did what Zodiark is doing with her anime?    Except with MLP episodes.

oh, iPhone... yeah it's probably impossible.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

1 minute ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

oh, iPhone... yeah it's probably impossible.

I think you have to use iTunes to get video onto your iPhone. Meanwhile with Android and Windows Phone, all you need to do is plug your phone into your computer and drag-and-drop from there.

3 hours ago, Bleedingyamato said:

I might've seen a few episodes a VERY long time ago and I do own a few seasons of it on DVD but I haven't watched those yet.  ?

Why do you ask if you don't mind my asking?

I want to know if there are new seasons