LGBT community

carguy86
Just now, SeriouslyMikey said:

As a Brexiter, I can't wait. We are individual countries that need our own borders and laws, yet we can freely work together while looking after our own nations first. 

Well, id rather not go back to homophobic Poland. My future is up in the air thanks to that. Not great.

I lived in the UK for 21 years, paid my taxes, didnt break the law, now I feel like I don't belong. Oh well.

Just now, mrzoltowski said:

Well, id rather not go back to homophobic Poland. My future is up in the air thanks to that. Not great.

Well, I'm all for immigration. I'm wanting to be one myself in the near the future and move to America. I do hope those who have been able to settle and make a good life in the UK will be able to stay, we just need better border control and more restrictions, like a point system Australia currently uses. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

I lived in the UK for 21 years, paid my taxes, didnt break the law, now I feel like I don't belong. Oh well.

After 21 years, Christ, my age, you'll most likely be able to stay. 

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

After 21 years, Christ, my age, you'll most likely be able to stay. 

Most likely ... thats the point. I dont fancy living the next 2 years in fear. I have friends who have been subject to increased prejudice and some very racist situations because of the whole Brexit thing. Being told to go back to their won countries. If the negotiations dont go the right way, everything will be so expensive, 60% of food comes from the EU, flights will be expensive too. 

Most likely ... thats the point. I dont fancy living the next 2 years in fear. I have friends who have been subject to increased prejudice and some very racist situations because of the whole Brexit thing. Being told to go back to their won countries. If the negotiations dont go the right way, everything will be so expensive, 60% of food comes from the EU, flights will be expensive too. 

And that's exactly the reason why Britain currently has the power in the EU negotiations. We are one of the biggest consumer of continental Europe's products. It would be extremely detrimental for countries that make up the EU to not trade with us. HOWEVER, that being said, even if they do prevent use to trade with other nations that use the single market, we are now open to trade with everyone in the world. We can negotiate our own trading deals, with new places, buy cheaper, and possibly even have lower import taxes. Yes, food prices could go up, and probably will for the next few years, however, restricting immigration will also help improve our wages. Instead of flooding the job market with more and more people, mainly in the working class, helping them the most with income and quality of life. So, even if the food prices go up, people will still be able to afford it. 

I don't really understand the fear though. Individual cases are horrible, don't get me wrong, but it's most likely not thanks to Brexit. Taking an step back and looking at the issues at hand, I can see why individuals will be growing more aggressive towards certain people and could be more outspoken against them, especially if their life has been entirely different compared to your own. Not saying I condone it, I'm just saying I see where they're coming from.

Right now, I'd rather be in Eastern Europe, though they're not quite as welcoming towards gays, it's far safer from the real threat against me and the LGBT "community". 

4 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

And that's exactly the reason why Britain currently has the power in the EU negotiations. We are one of the biggest consumer of continental Europe's products. It would be extremely detrimental for countries that make up the EU to not trade with us. HOWEVER, that being said, even if they do prevent use to trade with other nations that use the single market, we are now open to trade with everyone in the world. We can negotiate our own trading deals, with new places, buy cheaper, and possibly even have lower import taxes. Yes, food prices could go up, and probably will for the next few years, however, restricting immigration will also help improve our wages. Instead of flooding the job market with more and more people, mainly in the working class, helping them the most with income and quality of life. So, even if the food prices go up, people will still be able to afford it. 

I don't really understand the fear though. Individual cases are horrible, don't get me wrong, but it's most likely not thanks to Brexit. Taking an step back and looking at the issues at hand, I can see why individuals will be growing more aggressive towards certain people and could be more outspoken against them, especially if their life has been entirely different compared to your own. Not saying I condone it, I'm just saying I see where they're coming from.

We shall see. Strange thing though as someone who interviews people often for jobs, I see a ratio of applicants from the EU higher than UK, why arent these people applying? ... a friend who owns a farm says that no one from the UK wants to wake up at 4am in the morning to pick strawberies no matter how competitive the pay. 

Anyway, no point dwelling on it now. Whats done is done, gotta hope for the best.

3 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Right now, I'd rather be in Eastern Europe, though they're not quite as welcoming towards gays, it's far safer from the real threat against me and the LGBT "community". 

Why can't I like this more than once?

This is what confuses me with the American left's obsession (and the LGBT community's obsession) with welcoming Islam. Like it's completely against what you guys fight for.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

1 minute ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

This is what confuses me with the American left's obsession (and the LGBT community's obsession) with welcoming Islam. Like it's completely against what you guys fight for.

The whole Islam issue to the side, I thought the LGBT community's obsession was live and let live? Or have I been misled by the gay propaganda again? Hahah

1 minute ago, mrzoltowski said:

The whole Islam issue to the side, I thought the LGBT community's obsession was live and let live? Or have I been misled by the gay propaganda again? Hahah

It seems to be in the middle of live and let live and "let's accept them into our country".

Just now, Dan Castellaneta said:

It seems to be in the middle of live and let live and "let's accept them into our country".

It just clicked with what you meant I think, you mean Islam being perceived as against freedoms, the gays etc ... so why would people who fight for that be accepting of them?

6 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

4 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Because those who are coming over from countries that aren't secular, those that use Islam as law and Islam as a way to dictate everything in their life, to the point that they have absolutely no free speech, they toss gay people off buildings and then stone them to death if they've still living. The kinds of people who will slowly raise someone from the ground with a crane, noose around their neck to slowly hang them to death for being gay, this style of death can take hours for the victim to die. 

Heck, 50% of Muslims in this country, or a number close to that think that homosexuality should be illegal in the UK, and a portion of that think that it should be criminalised by death. The Qu'ran isn't compatible with western values. 

Because those who are coming over from countries that aren't secular, those that use Islam as law and Islam as a way to dictate everything in their life, to the point that they have absolutely no free speech, they toss gay people off buildings and then stone them to death if they've still living. The kinds of people who will slowly raise someone from the ground with a crane, noose around their neck to slowly hang them to death for being gay, this style of death can take hours for the victim to die. 

Heck, 50% of Islam, or a number close to that think that homosexuality should be illegal in the UK, and a portion of that think that it should be criminalised by death. The Qu'ran isn't compatible with western values. 

Yeah I understand that. I myself am on the fence on this. I dont agree with any kind of prejudice but Christianity isnt the angel here too, look at America and their preachers. People showing up at funerals of dead soldiers shouting "He will burn in hell". Things have been bad for us not so long ago, 60-70 years. Look at Turing, being chemically castrated for being a gay man then taking his own life. Things have changed slightly for the better, but thats because we have exposed ourselves and our values more to the world. In time it became accepting more and more, because of the fact that we are no longer perceived as a threat. 

Now shut everyone out, the people that need help the most and you will breed fear and anger in them. How do you affect change in their mind set when you dont show them that we dont bite? It feels more like shoving things under a rug and singing la la la la la. I believe in education and getting rid of the brainwashing that many of these people have suffered in their lives.

Just my two cents, i just like debating and hearing both sides, so please dont take it as an act of me attacking your views and opinions :)

14 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

Yeah I understand that. I myself am on the fence on this. I dont agree with any kind of prejudice but Christianity isnt the angel here too, look at America and their preachers. People showing up at funerals of dead soldiers shouting "He will burn in hell". Things have been bad for us not so long ago, 60-70 years. Look at Turing, being chemically castrated for being a gay man then taking his own life. Things have changed slightly for the better, but thats because we have exposed ourselves and our values more to the world. In time it became accepting more and more, because of the fact that we are no longer perceived as a threat. 

Now shut everyone out, the people that need help the most and you will breed fear and anger in them. How do you affect change in their mind set when you dont show them that we dont bite? It feels more like shoving things under a rug and singing la la la la la. I believe in education and getting rid of the brainwashing that many of these people have suffered in their lives.

Just my two cents, i just like debating and hearing both sides, so please dont take it as an act of me attacking your views and opinions :)

At this current time, it's hardly comparable. America allows for this because of their freedom to express religious beliefs, something I agree with entirely. However, with Islam taking up 97% of the world's current terror attacks (then followed by Communism), their outward and systematic hatred of Jews, gays, Christians, atheists, anything who doesn't follow Islam and doesn't follow it to the book, it's a serious issue. With that all said, I'm not talking about Christianity, nor am I defending what Christianity has done in the past and what it's done in recent years. I find all religions abhorrent and ridiculous, open to all criticism. 

10 minutes ago, mrzoltowski said:

@SeriouslyMikey @Dan Castellaneta

Saying all that, I am a firm believer in one statement. If you do move to a country, be grateful, accept their couture and customs. If you dont agree with them, then leave. So you see my fence problem :)

And that there is exactly why EDL and Britain First groups are a thing. The mainstream media never covers anything that Islam does within the UK. From Sharia only zones to child sex trafficking in Rotherham and Rochdale, and the fact that no one did anything to stop this because they were too scared to be called racist or Islamiphobes is absolutely disgusting. Heck, there's people saying this is still going on. Then we have Islam pretty much in control in our prison systems, where the majority of radicalisation happens with both non Muslims who convert to Islam to radicalise, and Muslims who radicalise, and again, police and prison guards don't do anything about it because they don't want to be called racist or Islamophobic. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/apr/11/british-muslims-strong-sense-of-belonging-poll-homosexuality-sharia-law

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/10/half-of-british-muslims-want-gay-sex-banned-says-poll/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3532355/More-half-Muslims-want-gay-sex-outlawed-nearly-quarter-support-areas-UK-run-sharia-law.html

The Thinkery is a side channel of Sargon Of Akkad. Who is a very good channel to follow, even if you don't agree with everything he says. 

28 minutes ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

The LGBT community fights for equal rights.  You can't demand equal rights and then turn around and say "Except those guys.  Fuck those guys over there."

2 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

The LGBT community fights for equal rights.  You can't demand equal rights and then turn around and say "Except those guys.  Fuck those guys over there."

I'm not going to be like that. I'm not gonna defend an ideology which says not to assimilate into other cultures and orders to kill gay people and call black people the devil.

That's why I'm not part of the community. I'm gay, and I have a big heart, but I draw the line somewhere, and Islam is that line.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

Except that's not what we're doing. We're pointing out an issue of a religion that is directly against the freedoms of the western world and our Liberty. Those who oppose the western world and it's values of freedom and democracy are those who would oppress and kill us if they got into power. 

And with more and more of these people coming over, there's more of a chance that they will be able to swing the polls for some politician who is an apologist for their ideology, which then affects everyone who doesn't agree with it, or values our culture. 

And exactly what @Dan Castellaneta said. I maybe gay, but I will never be part of the LGBT community. Yes, they fought for our rights in the past, however they've turned into cultural Marxists and if you don't agree with them, you're against them. 

Hey guys, can you stay civil pls?

Just now, Daring said:

Hey guys, can you stay civil pls?

Dad, please. 

Dad, please. 

Don't make me feel old. I'm not old!

Yet!

Just now, Daring said:

Don't make me feel old. I'm not old!

Yet!

I don't even know how old you are. :P