A voice recorder for my daughter.

Koffehh

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. My youngest daughter is 7 years old now and as life goes on she is finding it ever more difficult to communicate with others around her, reason being she has learning difficulties and can't talk. Although is is extremely she is extremely bright, other people around her don't know what she wants.

So I have been looking for a voice recorder ideally that's wearable for her I.e. a watch that has more than 1 voice recording, so she can press button 1-8 for example and each have a pre recorded setting like.... I'm hungry, I need toilet, i'm thirsty or I feel sick etc.

Or another alternative is I can download an app (android) on my old phone and she can walk around with that. But I can't seem to for find an app where I can voice record Say... I'm hungry and save that recording as prefex 1/food or put a picture of food with it, so she can tap away and click the food picture and others who will know what she wants.

So anyone know of anything above or or remotely similar? Any help will be appreciated.

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

I'm not a java developer, but I don't think that would be so hard to make. I see if I can make a java/android developer I know to make an app for this! What android phone is it?

Hello!

Great! That was going to be another question of mine, woyld/could it be hard to make an app like this? The phone is aSamsung mini s3

CPU: I5-4440 / MOBO: Gigabyte GA-Z87-DS3H / RAM: G.Skill ripjaws 2x4GB / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, 1TB WD HDD / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: Xigmatek Aquila / Monitor: Dell U2414H

1 Ghetto way of doing something like that is to let her type it in to Google Translate and let Google do the speaking.

But tbh I don't think your idea is that difficult to implement for Android. The simple reason probably is that no one thought that such application could be usefull.

I suggest:

- Posting a request for such an application on the programming sub-forum on LTT. Maybe one could make such an application in a couple of days.

- Maybe getting into Android development and building such app yourself. There are lots of great tutorials online on how to do coding.

My favourite would be from www.youtube.com/thenewboston

I myself could probably write such an application in a couple of weeks for a pc, but the problem is time.

I find it really great you take such good care of your daughter. +1

That time I saved Linus' WiFi pass from appearing on YouTube: 

A sudden Linus re-appears : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/390793-important-dailymotion-account-still-active/

1 Ghetto way of doing something like that is to let her type it in to Google Translate and let Google do the speaking.

But tbh I don't think your idea is that difficult to implement for Android. The simple reason probably is that no one thought that such application could be usefull.

I suggest:

- Posting a request for such an application on the programming sub-forum on LTT. Maybe one could make such an application in a couple of days.

- Maybe getting into Android development and building such app yourself. There are lots of great tutorials online on how to do coding.

My favourite would be from www.youtube.com/thenewboston

I myself could probably write such an application in a couple of weeks for a pc, but the problem is time.

I find it really great you take such good care of your daughter. +1

No she can't type/spell words currently, which is why I ideally could link it up to a picture of whatever and the voice will respond to what she has pressed.

I did consider making an app myself a few months ago but it did seem a bit of a minefield on where to start, I may have to look into it again. I will also ask in the programming forum a bit later thanx for that, I'll see what turns up in this thread first tho.

Thanks

Apologies if this is the wrong forum. My youngest daughter is 7 years old now and as life goes on she is finding it ever more difficult to communicate with others around her, reason being she has learning difficulties and can't talk. Although is is extremely she is extremely bright, other people around her don't know what she wants.

So I have been looking for a voice recorder ideally that's wearable for her I.e. a watch that has more than 1 voice recording, so she can press button 1-8 for example and each have a pre recorded setting like.... I'm hungry, I need toilet, i'm thirsty or I feel sick etc.

Or another alternative is I can download an app (android) on my old phone and she can walk around with that. But I can't seem to for find an app where I can voice record Say... I'm hungry and save that recording as prefex 1/food or put a picture of food with it, so she can tap away and click the food picture and others who will know what she wants.

So anyone know of anything above or or remotely similar? Any help will be appreciated.

If android applications could be written purely in Python, I'd happily work on it, but as it is my skills in programming aren't exactly there. I don't know of any applications like this but it's certainly a very good idea. Good on you for taking care of her like this, that's awesome!

Great! That was going to be another question of mine, woyld/could it be hard to make an app like this? The phone is aSamsung mini s3

I only know a very basic amount of java, so I'm looking on this problem with C# as solution, It shouldn't be that super hard since the app only has to work with a limited amount of phones and it doesn't need to have any in app purchases, it doesn't have be the best looking app in the store, and so on.

Hello!

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional

I could build you a app. pm me and we can go into detail.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Ohh this looks good, just spent a quick few minutes playing with it. Need a bit more the with it so I can understand how to customize it. Nice find thx.

I could build you a app. pm me and we can go into detail.

Thx for the offer I might take you up on that, but for next couple of days I'm going to try wooth's suggestion of tap to talk. See how my daughter and I get on with that.

Thx again.

Ohh this looks good, just spent a quick few minutes playing with it. Need a bit more the with it so I can understand how to customize it. Nice find thx.

It may or may not be the best fit for you but I figured it was worth the look. The developer module looks a bit pricey but I think they let you trial it

CPU Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard ASUS Z77 Sabertooth | RAM G.Skill Ripjaws Z 16GB(4x 4GB) | GPU ASUS GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP | Case Thermaltake Overseer | Storage Samsung SSD 500GB 850EVO, WD Caviar Black 1TB | PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 Series 1000W | Display(s) ASUS PB278Q 27", 2x Samsung LS22C45KBW 22" | Cooling Corsair Hydro Series H75 | Keyboard Razer Lycosa | Mouse Razer Lachesis | Sound Dell speakers a525 2.1, Razer Kraken 7.1 | Operating System Windows 7 Professional