Sony Walkman NWZ-B183F overview

Hey there,

I know it's been so soon after I posted my previous review, but this is just to clear the backlog of reviews that I wanted to write...

so here we go...

This time, we have the Sony Walkman NWZ-B183F

gSA5j.jpg

Stuff happened to my B173F... I lost it during one of my commutes after slipping out of my pocket... So I went ahead and got the upgrade...

Build Quality

Unlike the B173F, this one is made of brushed aluminum, painted a wonderful black. The buttons themselves are feel sturdy (unlike the B173F) even if they are a bit off with their colors. Also unlike the B173F, it takes a lot more effort to scratch this one... It lives in my pocket along with a phone, a pen, and a few coins and so far, there are almost no obvious scratches on it...

gSA7s.jpg

Features

It's an MP3 player with FM (and FM recording) functionality... Sony went ahead and removed the voice recorder function, a move I still get my head around...

The screen is white text on a black background, an appreciated change... It has an equalizer and a bass expansion feature... The storage size is a static 4GB...

By default, it sounds as it should... messing with the equalizer will cut the music for a bit as it does the adjustment... The sound is also improved with a better soundstage (produced via DSP) compared to the B173F (tested using the same song and the same pair of earphones)...

Conclusion

It's a good mp3 player. It's small (slightly larger than  a AA battery) yet has over 18 hours of battery life at continuous usage... For the price though, some people may think it's a bit expensive at ~55USD (2500PhP), but compared to the rubbish that is sold at cdrking, I'll take this one anyday...

Le me: *still uses his phone to listen to music*

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Le me: *still uses his phone to listen to music*

I ran into some trouble doing that before... one of my old phones got snatched (even though it was just a Galaxy Y) during one of my commutes...

This is why I need a dedicated music player...

I ran into some trouble doing that before... one of my old phones got snatched (even though it was just a Galaxy Y) during one of my commutes...

This is why I need a dedicated music player...

Is it anyway better than the Galaxy Y? In terms of music, I mean.  I bet it's better in terms of size :D

[spoiler=CORMAC]CPU:Intel celeron 1.6ghz RAM:Kingston 400mhz 1.99gb MOBO:MSI G31TM-P21 GPU:Will add one later on! CASE:local ROUTER D-Link 2750U, D-LINK 2730U MOUSE:HP,DELL,ViP KEYBOARD: v7 SPEAKERS:Creative 245  MONITOR:AOC E970Sw HEADSET: Sony MDRx05s UPS:conex ups avr 500va PSU:idk OD:Samsung super writemaster STORAGE:80 gb seagate+ Seagate 1TB OS:Windows xp sp3 themed to Windows 7 + Linux |Rest all pc in my house will be updated from time-time

COMING SOON

Is it anyway better than the Galaxy Y? In terms of music, I bet it's better in terms of size :D

As far as my experience goes, yes... The Y tends to have the mids louder even after I adjusted the equalizer...

I still use my old iPod for listening to music every now and then. I highly agree that it can be nice with a dedicated audio player.

or you could use your phone

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

or you could use your phone

yeah... if only phones were not so attractive to the criminals here... I already lost 2 phones to snatchers...

yeah... if only phones were not so attractive to the criminals here... I already lost 2 phones to snatchers...

what

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

what

thieves... they're everywhere... let your guard down and you might just lose your phone... or your wallet...

using a small dedicated music player is better in my case... it does not attract them too much...

I lost my other walkman when it slipped out of my pocket...

Ive owned three different mp3 walkmans but have now moved over to the music-from-phone group.I sometimes pack my old galaxy s2 with me since it has a memory card slot and the Nexus5 dosnt...

But about snatchers, how do you loose your phone when your headphones are connected?

I mean, one would think one would notice the breakup in beats flowing into the ear drums...

W1 | X4 965 | 4x2GB | HD7950 | 550w | 240GBx2

Ive owned three different mp3 walkmans but have now moved over to the music-from-phone group.I sometimes pack my old galaxy s2 with me since it has a memory card slot and the Nexus5 dosnt...

But about snatchers, how do you loose your phone when your headphones are connected?

I mean, one would think one would notice the breakup in beats flowing into the ear drums...

I tend not to listen to music in very crowded buses/trains...

Thing is... the theives here are good... you won't even see it coming... or going... it's just... gone...