Will This Work on My OS?

Scarymonkeys

Will the Tesoro Excalibur work on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS? I'm planning cherry MX reds.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

Will the Tesoro Excalibur work on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS? I'm planning cherry MX reds.

Any keyboard plugged into USB or PS2 will work with Ubuntu, though the software is pretty much guaranteed - if there is any for your keyboard - not to exist on Ubuntu.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Any keyboard plugged into USB or PS2 will work with Ubuntu, though the software is pretty much guaranteed - if there is any for your keyboard - not to exist on Ubuntu.

So it'll most likely work, but what's the loss of the software really? I'm extremely new to the keyboards, mice, headphones, etc.

PC and Peripherals:

Intel Core i3 4150 @3.5GHz - ASRock H97M Anniversary - Kingston Fury HyperX Black 8GB DDR3 @1866MHz - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 G1 Gaming 2GB GDDR5 - EVGA 500W 80+ Certified - WD Caviar Blue 1TB - WD Caviar Blue 160GB - Lian Li PC-50 - Linux Ubuntu 14.04.3 LTS - Acer P221w 21.5" 1680x1050 60Hz - Kingston Fury HyperX Clouds - Razer Deathadder 3.5G - CM Storm Quickfire Rapid w/ Cherry MX Blues

So it'll most likely work, but what's the loss of the software really? I'm extremely new to the keyboards, mice, headphones, etc.

Lack of customization if there's any macro stuff on your keyboard/mouse.

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Lack of customization if there's any macro stuff on your keyboard/mouse.

That most likely I will absolutely never use. Not a big deal there..Thanks man! I have side buttons on my mouse that work perfectly but I still prefer the actual hot keys to be honest.

PC and Peripherals:

That most likely I will absolutely never use. Not a big deal there..Thanks man! I have side buttons on my mouse that work perfectly but I still prefer the actual hot keys to be honest.

Yeah, if you learn programming you can very well make your own software for the mouse! I haven't done it myself but I'm sure somebody has and can share it with you.

Yeah, if you learn programming you can very well make your own software for the mouse! I haven't done it myself but I'm sure somebody has and can share it with you.

My mouse seems to work. (Razer Deathadder.) But yeah, I've been starting to learn programming and it would be pretty cool to do things like that.

PC and Peripherals:

My mouse seems to work. (Razer Deathadder.) But yeah, I've been starting to learn programming and it would be pretty cool to do things like that.

Pretty sure the side buttons default to forward/back pages, though I could be wrong.