Urgent! Windows 8 doesnt detect my 2nd hdd after i formatted?

Toto123456
Go to solution Solved by Levent,

it is probably missing drive letter

right click to my computer then click to manage

click to disk management 

find the lost partition and right click

click on change drive letter or paths

click on add and add a letter

click on oK

Ive just changed my motherboard today, and have clean installed windows8. However the system detected both drives in bios and in disk management but not the D drive which contained a very sensitive data on it. I cannot afford to lose the data in D drive so re-format is out of the question. What can i do?

click to disk management 

click on oK

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

click to disk management 

click on oK

/thread

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

See if it is getting detected by the BIOS - if it is follow Levent's steps.

If it is not see if plugging it into another computer works. if that doesn't work take it to a data recovery place or try and follow some guides of how you can do it yourself.

~Jervi - Jervi systems inc.

Join Jervi and leave your virginity at home!

Ive just changed my motherboard today, and have clean installed windows8. However the system detected both drives in bios and in disk management but not the D drive which contained a very sensitive data on it. I cannot afford to lose the data in D drive so re-format is out of the question. What can i do?

like it's tickled easily?

the data has really unstable emotions?

what do people mean by "sensitive?". What you really mean is "there is sh!t there i don't want to lose!"

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

i know what it eans, but i just feel like it's an inaccurate term. "personal information" is more accurate. SSNs, credit cards, identity info, and such.

We can't Benchmark like we used to, but we have our ways. One trick is to shove more GPUs in your computer. Like the time I needed to NV-Link, because I needed a higher HeavenBench score, so I did an SLI, which is what they called NV-Link back in the day. So, I decided to put two GPUs in my computer, which was the style at the time. Now, to add another GPU to your computer, costs a new PSU. Now in those days PSUs said OCZ on them, "Gimme 750W OCZs for an SLI" you'd say. Now where were we? Oh yeah, the important thing was that I had two GPUs in my rig, which was the style at the time! They didn't have RGB PSUs at the time, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big green ones. 

snip

snip

I feel like I'm being judged because my data is ticklish.....