Intel vs AMD

You guys are probably very familiar with this title, but if AMD is cheaper and performs just as well in gaming as intel why does everyone still pick intel? Is Intel better in video rendering as well? Intel runs cooler than AMD? Everywhere on youtube Intels processors are being rated all the time and AMD does not get as much attention. If anyone has a clear argument I would love to know.

You guys are probably very familiar with this title, but if AMD is cheaper and performs just as well in gaming as intel why does everyone still pick intel? Is Intel better in video rendering as well? Intel runs cooler than AMD? Everywhere on youtube Intels processors are being rated all the time and AMD does not get as much attention. If anyone has a clear argument I would love to know.

amd doesnt release new processors anymore and they do NOT perform the same.

thats why.

the platform is outdated

If you are on a tight budget and want to video edit and render then go for amd. You will have to deal with higher than average Intel Cpu temperatures but more cores benefit in multi threaded workload, if you are looking to game and you are on a tight budget Intel is the way to go, with faster per core performance that benefit games you can't go wrong with either an i3 or an i5.

But! If you are looking to game and render as well you might as well go for an i7.

A very generalized statement I found on some website when I was in the planning stages of building my PC with a severe scarcity of knowledge on this topic:

For mid-low budget builds, AMD delivers performance for its price that Intel otherwise can't. For higher ends, Intel has the edge.

pls don't sue me- it's a very generalized statement that I vaguely remember on the introductory paragraph of some blog or similar site guiding me through the process of choosing a CPU.

also, my body is ready for this post to be swarmed by corrections

"Intel" is not inherently better at rendering or at doing anything really. They make a very wide range of cpus. If you take a celeron and compare it to an fx 8350 the fx is going to win in everything. Price is key. And FX cpus are not as fast in gaming as intel's i5s, i7s and in some cases even i3s. FX cpus often beat out similarly priced intel cpus in rendering and heavily multithreaded tasks.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

AMD is mostly best in small budgets and budget video rendering builds.

Intel is mostly better at gaming.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

performs just as well

No offense, but Intel is better in every way. Useful features, good overclocking, good sockets, better performance, more threads, better quality. There's a reason why AMD is cheaper. It sacrifices everything.

Just get Intel if you have the money. They're good.

Edited by Stijncat

Basic guide to CPU's!

If I said I were 14, you would call me a kid. If I say 70, you’ll entitle me too old. If I say 20 you say I’m inexperienced and if I say 40 than I'm too boring.

龴 ͡ↀ ◡ ͡ↀ龴#locked( ͡͡ ° ͜ ʖ ͡ °)

Intel preforms better, especially in gaming.

That is because Intel has generally better performance and for gaming you don't need much cores, 4 is probably not even necessary.

Intel is better for gaming.

Amd Is great for budget content creation.

/thread

No offense, but Intel is better in every way. Useful features, good overclocking, good sockets, better performance, more threads, better quality. There's a reason why AMD is cheaper. It sacrifices everything.

Just get Intel if you have the money. They're good.

AMD is mostly best in small budgets and budget video rendering builds.

Intel is mostly better at gaming.

If you are on a tight budget and want to video edit and render then go for amd. You will have to deal with higher than average Intel Cpu temperatures but more cores benefit in multi threaded workload, if you are looking to game and you are on a tight budget Intel is the way to go, with faster per core performance that benefit games you can't go wrong with either an i3 or an i5.

But! If you are looking to game and render as well you might as well go for an i7.

Totally agree with you guys.

AMD is better, people here are too biased.

ooohhh k, I think we got some great answers in here. Can a mod lock this now?

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I'm a rare breed that is a fanboy of both brands.  There is value to be had in AMD's price-to-performance stance, and there is value to be had in Intel's performance-trumps-everything stance.  Both have their merits, and both are deserving of the positive praise they receive for their respective niche.  That said, it all comes down to consumer needs.  Do you need the best?  Then you choose Intel and call it a day.  Do you need the best bang for the buck?  Then you choose AMD and call it a day.  This might oversimplify it, but at the same time I don't see the need to over complicate the issue (an issue that's been discussed a billion million times).

Both companies produce good stuff.  If an AMD fanboy says "lulz Intel sux" or if an Intel fanboy say "lulz AMD sux", just move along and pay no attention.  There are plenty of hard-fact and well trusted reviewers out there that would disagree from both aspects.

Case: HAF XBCPU: 4690kCPU Cooler: NH D15Motherboard: Gigabyte Gaming 7 | RAM: Hyper X FuryVideo Card: G1 Gaming 970SSD: 850 EVO |  PSU: Supernova 550 G2 | 

how can you even say that a dual core processor is better than hexacore processor? (Comparing i5 to Fx 6300). Even Mediatek quad core chips on mobile perform better than Snapdragon dual core processors so your statement is invalid.

i5 is quad core.

Also i3 and i5 dominate FX cpus in gaming.

---

67506.png

---

67507.png

---

67510.png

---

batman.png

---

civilization.png

---

http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-stories-Test

---

---

---

Even this supposedly very good multi-threaded game, Call of Duty:Advanced Warefare runs better on an i3 than an FX9

---

d1b73da9_http--www.gamegpu.ru-images-sto

---

---

---

60-Bioshock-R9-295X2.png

---

65-DiRT-3-R9-295X2.png

---

arma3_1920.png

---

bf4_cpu_radeon.png

You have to OC an FX8 to 5Ghz just to match an i5-4440 at stock in BF4 multiplayer with an R9 290X.

---

civ_1920.png

---

csgo_1920.png

---

crysis3_1920_2.png

---

fc3_1920.png

---

fc4_n_1920.png

---

starcraft_1920.png

---

gta4_1920.png

---

rome2_1920.png

---

witchercpu_1920.png

This one above is Witcher 2

---

assassin_1920n.png

---

fsx_1920n.png

---

how can you even say that a dual core processor is better than hexacore processor? (Comparing i5 to Fx 6300). Even Mediatek quad core chips on mobile perform better than Snapdragon dual core processors so your statement is invalid.

a 6300 better than an i5? and an i5 is a dual core now?

my friend you just broke LTT

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Two words: core efficiency

AMD has none.

They do not perform the same in games. Most games are single or dual threaded. Therefore, games benefit from stronger core performance rather than core amount so thats why Intel has a clear edge in terms of gaming because of much better single core performance.

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things