Jeremy Clarkson Officially Sacked from the BBC

FourCorners

The title says it all... it's official, he's done with Top Gear and the BBC

“It is with great regret that I have told Jeremy Clarkson today that the BBC will not be renewing his contract. It is not a decision I have taken lightly. I have done so only after a very careful consideration of the facts and after personally meeting both Jeremy and Oisin Tymon.

Source: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2015/03/25/bbc-releases-statement-on-clarkson/

If this has already been posted, sorry that I didn't see it.

It has been posted,not sure if from the same site you cited. Sad day. There goes the neighborhood.

Oh, ok thanks for the heads up...

Retoast I think

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Yeah, think this has already been posted mate. You're a tad too late.

Repostio! :D

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

He was a complete idiotic jerk and I honestly can't believe this didn't happen way sooner.

It has been posted,not sure if from the same site you cited. Sad day. There goes the neighborhood.

Even worse day for me, second important person (to me) leaving 

"Rawr XD"

Found out yesterday and was very very very very UPSET 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

he was the only good thing about the show

Even worse day for me, second important person (to me) leaving

im sorry to hear that. I had a good teacher just passway on Monday, only 41, life can be really sad sometimes, keep your head up.

Don't wanna sound like a dick, but there's been at least 20 threads about this...

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

he was the only good thing about the show

There were options other than sacking him of course. However firing him does send out a behavioural message to the international masses who watch this very popular car show.

In my experience, senior managment everywhere tend to behave questionably behind the scenes as though bulletproof on occasion. You can make your own informed decision on that as time goes by. Will this make the show less popular? Of course. The humour that Clarkson injected will be very hard to replace.

The bigger picture is that you should all stfu, keep your opinion to yourselves, don't argue or question things, and just do as you're told in future.. And don't even think about raising your hand to anyone higher up the food chain, ever! Got it? Good! :D  

Still, the same law applies to him as it does to others and I don't know many places that would keep you on if you launched your boss, colleague or co-worker down the corridor. Do you?

How he's not been charged by the Police yet, I don't know? Is it really any different to the historical sex offences committed by show biz celebrities that have surfaced recently? The likes of Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris for example. Or was it simply just a crime of passion?

Now, this is purely my own opinion, but I think that they'll be eagerly out for more of his blood before this fiasco is considered to be well and truly over. At the very least he'll be made to publicly kowtow. Let's just wait and see shall we. :rolleyes: 

The title says it all... it's official, he's done with Top Gear and the BBC

Source: http://transmission.blogs.topgear.com/2015/03/25/bbc-releases-statement-on-clarkson/

If this has already been posted, sorry that I didn't see it.

Top gear is ruined 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

There were options other than sacking him of course. However firing him does send out a behavioural message to the international masses who watch this very popular car show.

In my experience, senior managment everywhere tend to behave questionably behind the scenes as though bulletproof on occasion. You can make your own informed decision on that as time goes by. Will this make the show less popular? Of course. The humour that Clarkson injected will be very hard to replace.

The bigger picture is that you should all stfu, keep your opinion to yourselves, don't argue or question things, and just do as you're told in future.. And don't even think about raising your hand to anyone higher up the food chain, ever! Got it? Good! :D  

Still, the same law applies to him as it does to others and I don't know many places that would keep you on if you launched your boss, colleague or co-worker down the corridor. Do you?

How he's not been charged by the Police yet, I don't know? Is it really any different to the historical sex offences committed by show biz celebrities that have surfaced recently? The likes of Jimmy Saville, Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris for example. Or was it simply just a crime of passion?

Now, this is purely my own opinion, but I think that they'll be eagerly out for more of his blood before this fiasco is considered to be well and truly over. At the very least he'll be made to publicly kowtow. Let's just wait and see shall we. :rolleyes: 

Do as we're told? THE MASTER RACE DOES AS IT PLEASES. I have had several managers try to relieve me of duty, only to find themselves dismissed while I climbed to corporate level management. Be smart, never afraid.

Oisin behaved like a child who runs to a teacher after a fight on playground. If he were an adult, or had any ability to manage talent, he would have dusted it off and talked to Clarkson the next day to see why he was so bothered. Not run to your boss because you can't handle your employee. Here in US, coworkers fight all the time, but in the end we're like Goku and Vegeta -I want that jerk at my wedding.

Kowtow? Not Likely. How much do you know about this show? These three have a GLOBAL following, the likes of which no other show has. Viewed in 214 countries, with an estimated 350-400 million viewers per week. On for 13 years since the reboot. The waiting list to be an audience member is filled through 2023. This is not just the BBC's top grossing show, this is one of(if not the) the top grossing shows on the  planet. I can't even begin to imagine another show with those numbers. BBC is going to eat this, hard. The goose just gave up a truly Golden egg, and other networks are probably heating up their phones already.  If May and Hammond decide to leave, these three could take their pick of any network in the world and start their own new show.

Thats the end of top gear for me. 

When everything else Fails,Crowbar IT. - Half-life

Being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed." - Unix for Dummies, 2nd Edition (Found in the .sig of Rob Riggs) 

These three have a GLOBAL following, the likes of which no other show has. Viewed in 214 countries, with an estimated 350-400 million viewers per week. On for 13 years since the reboot. The waiting list to be an audience member is filled through 2023. This is not just the BBC's top grossing show, this is one of(if not the) the top grossing shows on the  planet. I can't even begin to imagine another show with those numbers. BBC is going to eat this, hard. The goose just gave up a truly Golden egg, and other networks are probably heating up their phones already.

:D Well, well, I had no idea of those stats and facts. Cheers for that. I might take a look at the 'new show' just for the cars. But, sure, he'll be a hard act to follow.

Do as we're told? THE MASTER RACE DOES AS IT PLEASES. I have had several managers try to relieve me of duty, only to find themselves dismissed while I climbed to corporate level management. Be smart, never afraid.

Oisin behaved like a child who runs to a teacher after a fight on playground. If he were an adult, or had any ability to manage talent, he would have dusted it off and talked to Clarkson the next day to see why he was so bothered. Not run to your boss because you can't handle your employee. Here in US, coworkers fight all the time, but in the end we're like Goku and Vegeta -I want that jerk at my wedding.

Kowtow? Not Likely. How much do you know about this show? These three have a GLOBAL following, the likes of which no other show has. Viewed in 214 countries, with an estimated 350-400 million viewers per week. On for 13 years since the reboot. The waiting list to be an audience member is filled through 2023. This is not just the BBC's top grossing show, this is one of(if not the) the top grossing shows on the  planet. I can't even begin to imagine another show with those numbers. BBC is going to eat this, hard. The goose just gave up a truly Golden egg, and other networks are probably heating up their phones already.  If May and Hammond decide to leave, these three could take their pick of any network in the world and start their own new show.

You realized, according to the official investigation by the BBC Clarkson was the one who reported the incident 4 or so days after it had happened? A fact which Jeremy does not dispute at all? Oisin did nothing more then drive himself to get checked out after it happened thinking he was fired. Try and learn what the hell you are on about before running your mouth off on a tangent and insulting people.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

well there goes top Gear but he sayed he was going to do some thing with netfix that will be cool

IAN :o

You realized, according to the official investigation by the BBC Clarkson was the one who reported the incident 4 or so days after it had happened? A fact which Jeremy does not dispute at all? Oisin did nothing more then drive himself to get checked out after it happened thinking he was fired. Try and learn what the hell you are on about before running your mouth off on a tangent and insulting people.

Think harder on this...please. According to the "official investigation"? Clarkson did not need to report anything. He knows that. He's well aware of the ratings his show has and who's responsible for those ratings. If he and Oisin had just had a chat -

"Bro what was wrong with you last night?"

"Sorry, mate. I was truly knackered and beyond pissed. Why, what happened?"

"You punched me in the lip."

"Oh Jesus. Really? I am so sorry. Are you all right?"

"Yeah, yeah...you punch like a 70 year old man."

"Well, you drive like your mum."

- I would still be watching on e of my favorite shows.

Maybe you should learn to question things and not believe everything that is put in front of you.  BTW, I am currently selling the state I live in because I own Florida as well and I don't need both. If you're interested the price is 12 billion USD. Make check payable to "Can't Acknowledge Some companies Hide the truth to protect themselves, LTD." But we realize this is long so just our acronym "CASH".

Think harder on this...please. According to the "official investigation"? Clarkson did not need to report anything. He knows that. He's well aware of the ratings his show has and who's responsible for those ratings. If he and Oisin had just had a chat -

"Bro what was wrong with you last night?"

"Sorry, mate. I was truly knackered and beyond pissed. Why, what happened?"

"You punched me in the lip."

"Oh Jesus. Really? I am so sorry. Are you all right?"

"Yeah, yeah...you punch like a 70 year old man."

"Well, you drive like your mum."

- I would still be watching on e of my favorite shows.

Maybe you should learn to question things and not believe everything that is put in front of you.  BTW, I am currently selling the state I live in because I own Florida as well and I don't need both. If you're interested the price is 12 billion USD. Make check payable to "Can't Acknowledge Some companies Hide the truth to protect themselves, LTD." But we realize this is long so just our acronym "CASH".

I have 0 need to question it when hes not at all disputing the fact in the slightest, once again your ignorance on the issue is showing, its a well known fact that clarkson had apologized multiple times after the day of the incident.

But he manned the hell up and took responsibility for what he did.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I have 0 need to question it when hes not at all disputing the fact in the slightest, once again your ignorance on the issue is showing, its a well known fact that clarkson had apologized multiple times after the day of the incident.

But he manned the hell up and took responsibility for what he did.

So, you're interested in buying Texas from me! That's Great! Just know that because you will be owning the state doesn't mean you have any rights or privileges above any other citizen of the State of Texas, its in the fine print. Essentially, you'll be paying me 12 billion USD just for a paper certificate that reads "I am an oaf, and believed that I could buy the State of Texas for 12 billion dollars from a man just because he told me so. I do hereby certify that I am actually of goat ancestry(sheeple) and am therefore incapable of thinking for myself."

While I'm at it, allow me to point out the weakness of your earlier comment... which the sites quote function messes up the time stamp.

So....my gf mum finds out we've been having "relations". But neither of us say how she likes being spanked with a plastic coat hanger.....does that mean it didn't happen? Does that mean she knows the whole story?   She said it looked like "she's been spanked with a plastic coat hanger." But is my silence and my gf silence confession of said act? No. She cannot say with any certainty that spanking with a coat hanger is what took place.

While I'm at it, allow me to point out the weakness of your earlier comment... which the sites quote function messes up the time stamp.

So....my gf mum finds out we've been having "relations". But neither of us say how she likes being spanked with a plastic coat hanger.....does that mean it didn't happen? Does that mean she knows the whole story?   She said it looked like "she's been spanked with a plastic coat hanger." But is my silence and my gf silence confession of said act? No. She cannot say with any certainty that spanking with a coat hanger is what took place.

You're a special kind of stupid, im done with you.

System Specs